They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

Contending teams with high seeds lose top player(s)
totally changes the landscape of tournament

The Dayton's of the world get screwed over. If there were any year they could have won, this would have been it.

The Dayton's of the world get screwed over. If there were any year they could have won, this would have been it.
Yep. Dayton, San Diego State, Gonzaga, Creighton.

then guys like Eli, Myles Powell, Markus Howard, etc

Well what’s ESPN Classic running?

At this point, I like the idea of postponing the NCAA until April but I predict a fallout
NBA prospect becomes detached from contending team, leaves school to prep for draft
Does NBA pushback draft night? draft combine? otherwise you cant postpone to far into the spring, the schedule to declare and withdraw becomes compressed
The quality of play could be really really bad. These kids are not going to be kept on empty campuses. They won't be practicing until they are brought back.

Hopefully the delay from the NCAA is them trying to figure which weekend to start the NCAA tourney. Maybe they started the weekend of May 14 and run it through memorial day weekend? That could theoretically give the conference tournaments a chance to be finished the week before as well?

The equation isn't all about risk to the individual. There is the primary risk that I may contact it by coming in to contact with someone who has it. There is also the secondary risk that I may spread it because I've come into contact with someone that has it and then been in contact with a whole new set of people who never would have come into contact with the first person.
Absolutely. The point I was making is that that risk probably doesn't change much by canceling the games because, if players aren't coming into contact with each other, they're coming into contact with the community when they get home. People aren't going into isolation. Actually, if you think about it, contact probably would've been reduced while they were at the tournament because when not playing games, players would probably be spending most of their time at their hotel instead of going to the grocery store, mall, etc. like they will when they get home.

IF they actually just postpone the tourny then they should have just postponed all the conference tournaments too. I mean that wouldn't be fair to teams like SU who could have made it.
In theory. But they're making decisions on the fly as information evolves. That's not an idictment on them. That's just the way it is everywhere. I work in home health, and it's the same way where I work, hospitals, etc.

Can't tell you how many times I saw that snippet of video showing him last night. Media doing its part to spread the fear.
To be fair, Hoiberg is an idiot. He has to have some understanding of what's going on and stay home even if he knows it's not coronavirus, if only because of perception.

Even with the flu, he's sitting shoulder to shoulder with other people and probably intending to speak to referees in very close proximity. Just dumb.

Last edited:
To be fair, Hoiberg us an idiot. He has to have some understanding of what's going on and stay home even if he knows it's not coronavirus, if only because of perception.

Even with the flu, he's sitting shoulder to shoulder with other people and probably intending to speak to referees in very close proximity. Just dumb.
His influenza is more dangerous than Corona virus.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom