They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did). | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

They may cancel the rest of the ACCT (and they did).

how many? School ends in 2 months.
I don't know. Doesn't baseball play after school ends? Fall sports start practicing before school starts. The idea of keeping options open or asking member institutions if waiting is something they're interested in, isn't outrageous.

His influenza is more dangerous than Corona virus...
To him, likely. If it were coronavirus, the potential impact to others could be more dangerous.

To him, likely. If it were coronavirus, the potential impact to others could be more dangerous.
Maybe. The presence of the flu vaccine helps, but it can still be deadly to the same people that the coronavirus hurts the most.

The “winner” out of all of this...G Tech. Their ban year was in a year where there is no ACC and NCAA tournament. Plus they return everyone next year.
Self imposing a ban doesn't have to mean that they don't get one next year. The NCAA could simply say it was a meaningless attempt and give them another.

Self imposing a ban doesn't have to mean that they don't get one next year. The NCAA could simply say it was a meaningless attempt and give them another.
That would be so NCAA.

As if when they self-banned they could have known the postseason would be cancelled.

That would be so NCAA.

As if when they self-banned they could have known the postseason would be cancelled.
Really, it wouldn't bother me. They didn't end up getting banned from anything. There was nothing to be banned from.

Really, it wouldn't bother me. They didn't end up getting banned from anything. There was nothing to be banned from.
There was when they self imposed.

There was when they self imposed.
Intent didn't match reality. They played evey game they would have had they not attempted a self imposed penalty. Therefore, there was no penalty.

Intent didn't match reality. They played evey game they would have had they not attempted a self imposed penalty. Therefore, there was no penalty.
We keep running into a time order misunderstanding here. I think the time when they declared it mattered. You seem to think it doesn't.

Which, I guess, ok? Not an impasse I expected, but we live in intriguing times.

We keep running into a time order misunderstanding here. I think the time when they declared it mattered. You seem to think it doesn't.

Right. I don't think it matters. It became defunct when everything got cancelled. If I intend to ground my kid for doing something wrong but he gets sick and stays home, I never grounded him. No punishment was administered regardless of my intent. The illness is not a consequence of the wrongdoing so carries no weight. The appropriate punishment will be administered when the circumstances allow so that there is a connection.

Well, that was our story when we self - imposed a few years ago. We looked like a tournament team when the decision was made but probably wouldn't have been picked. Didn't cost us anything

Last edited:
ESPN would get insane ratings if they did this. There plan to release during June and the NBA FInals is in flames now.

If there was another Star Wars movie I would sat release that as well. If ESPN wanted to make it available for just Disney Plus or ESPN Plus subscribers that wouldn't even be an issue either.

Well, that was our story when we self - imposed a few years ago. We looked like a tournament team when the decision was made but probably wouldn't have been picked. Didn't cost us anything
That's true but other teams got to play. Ga Tech is experiencing the same thing as every other team.

That's true but other teams got to play. Ga Tech is experiencing the same thing as every other team.
We literally did what Georgia Tech did in 2015. We self imposed a postseason halfway thru the season before the Senior on the team Rak Christmas could have transferred anywhere without penalty like NCAA rules allow.

We missed the ACCT and the penalty ended. We were a bubble team when we imposed and weren't likely getting in.
Georgia Tech would have played in the ACCT if they didn't accept their penalty.

They suffered their penalty. Now they are lucky the season ended when it did but Georgia Tech got lucky and now that penalty is over.

ESPN would get insane ratings if they did this. There plan to release during June and the NBA FInals is in flames now.

If there was another Star Wars movie I would sat release that as well. If ESPN wanted to make it available for just Disney Plus or ESPN Plus subscribers that wouldn't even be an issue either.

Ive been curious as to how Sportscenter will even be able to fill air time during this.

I'm one of those crazy people looking for positives.

We are going to be okay. It literally took sports cancelling to force this President to release the Stock Market doesn't matter more than people taking this chit seriously.
Once we get the tests mass available it becomes containable. The ones who need actual hospital help will get it and ones who are younger that are found to have the virus thanks to the tests stay home treat this like what it is a very bad flu let their bodies heal and in 2 weeks we as a society will move on.

We are going to be okay. It literally took sports cancelling to force this President to release the Stock Market doesn't matter more than people taking this chit seriously.
Once we get the tests mass available it becomes containable. The ones who need actual hospital help will get it and ones who are younger that are found to have the virus thanks to the tests stay home treat this like what it is a very bad flu let their bodies heal and in 2 weeks we as a society will move on.
Yeah, I think history will acknowledge Adam Silver as a hero. The decision to suspend the NBA was the "oh shiz" moment the country collectively needed.

Yeah, I think history will acknowledge Adam Silver as a hero. The decision to suspend the NBA was the "oh shiz" moment the country collectively needed.
Also, I look forward down the road to reading The Ringer's oral history of the decision to suspend the NBA, complete with interviews from rando Jazz lockerroom employees and league office lackeys and stuff.

I kinda think this might be right ina really bizarre world we live in now

So if that's the case, and the most recent news I hears was the NBA was now taking a 30 day wait and see approach, to the remainder of the season, if in a few weeks we have put the worst behind us, will the NCAA and AD's look like they have over-reacted with the outright cancelling as opposed to a wait and see approach? I'm just taking a contrarian view point as Rick Neuheisel made some pretty poignant observations this morning on my ride in to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom