Things I Liked Other Than the Obvious... | Syracusefan.com

Things I Liked Other Than the Obvious...

newmexicuse

All Conference
the obvious being the great games by Tyler, CJ, & Trevor.

1. BMK - he just comes in and makes plays. He takes our D to another level. Play of the game for us was his backdoor pass to Gbinje. he also did a great job setting up a Trevor trey.

2. Gbinje - great, great D at the top of the zone when Nova was coming back. He also chipped in with a little bit of scoring. Only bad play was the dumb foul on a trey attempt near the end.

3. The move by JB, when Jerami got his 4th. He brought X back into the game (truthfully I thought he should have gone small with Silent G at that juncture). X immediately got us a board.

4. Working the other Tyler into the rotation a little bit.

5. Solid game by X - nothing sepctacular there, but quite steady & solid.

6. I actually saw some solid early D from DC2 - a long ways to go, but progress in the right direction.

7. Cool game from Jerami, especially at the line. His flagrant was borderline, but i can't beef too much about that call.

8. Overall calm - really a reflection of Tyler's personality, but no panic with the bad start.

the obvious being the great games by Tyler, CJ, & Trevor.

1. BMK - he just comes in and makes plays. He takes our D to another level. Play of the game for us was his backdoor pass to Gbinje. he also did a great job setting up a Trevor trey.

2. Gbinje - great, great D at the top of the zone when Nova was coming back. He also chipped in with a little bit of scoring. Only bad play was the dumb foul on a trey attempt near the end.

3. The move by JB, when Jerami got his 4th. He brought X back into the game (truthfully I thought he should have gone small with Silent G at that juncture). X immediately got us a board.

4. Working the other Tyler into the rotation a little bit.

5. Solid game by X - nothing sepctacular there, but quite steady & solid.

6. I actually saw some solid early D from DC2 - a long ways to go, but progress in the right direction.

7. Cool game from Jerami, especially at the line. His flagrant was borderline, but i can't beef too much about that call.

8. Overall calm - really a reflection of Tyler's personality, but no panic with the bad start.

Jerami's flagrant wasn't borderline, he made contact with the Nova players head while swinging his elbows. But it demonstrates why the rule is stupid. You shouldn't be able to stick your face into the offensive players grill and not really give him any ability to create space. There is just no disincentive for the defensive player to get in there. I hate, hate, hate this rule.

I also find it funny the way the rules handicap officials on the replay. Cooney puts up a three that Christmas arguably interferes with but tips back in and all they can do is look at whether it was a 2 or 3? It seemed to me that Christmas tapped the ball even if it might have gone in without the tap. Would love to hear from him whether he did or did not make contact.

we gave the pussies the 3 point shot and yet they still whine about elbows in the paint ? put on a dress nancy.

Jerami's flagrant wasn't borderline, he made contact with the Nova players head while swinging his elbows. But it demonstrates why the rule is stupid. You shouldn't be able to stick your face into the offensive players grill and not really give him any ability to create space. There is just no disincentive for the defensive player to get in there. I hate, hate, hate this rule.

I also find it funny the way the rules handicap officials on the replay. Cooney puts up a three that Christmas arguably interferes with but tips back in and all they can do is look at whether it was a 2 or 3? It seemed to me that Christmas tapped the ball even if it might have gone in without the tap. Would love to hear from him whether he did or did not make contact.
What happened to your orange colored glasses ?

Agree with your point on the flagrant. On the replay of the Cooney three it was hard to tell if X touched the ball or not, but regardless, he might have touched the rim, which would still be interference. As I watched the game I was (pleasantly) surprised that the basket stood.

I didnt have a problem with the flagrant call..but seconds before it the defender was humping Grants leg. The flagrant call was right by me but the defender shouldve been called prior to the elbow. But Stephens didnt see it (shocker) and Jerami nailed him with the elbow. The crowd at least in 108 was calling for the no call,

I didnt have a problem with the flagrant call..but seconds before it the defender was humping Grants leg. The flagrant call was right by me but the defender shouldve been called prior to the elbow. But Stephens didnt see it (shocker) and Jerami nailed him with the elbow. The crowd at least in 108 was calling for the no call,
The TV announcers were saying it was borderline, but should have just been a regular foul & not a flagrant. As mentioned above, I could see having gone either way in that respect. I think it was the fact that the contact was above the shoulders more so than Jerami's really having thrown an elbow, and with the current rules it was probably a correct call.

Something I really liked was DC's attitude and support for his teammates. I don't think he sat in his seat on the beach from about 5 minutes left in the first half through the end of the game. He was clapping and cheering the guys on and even calling out motion from the sideline. It's been a fairly slow process for him to contribute on the floor but his energy, emotion and passion are undeniable. His kind of heart can't be taught. When he finally connects all the dots on the floor, look out!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom