Things I've heard... | Syracusefan.com

Things I've heard...

Macho Uno

Scout Team
Here are some things I've heard from coaches/friends in the know. Don't know if they are true, some I hope are and some I hope aren't.

Regarding Nerlen's, rumor is he was told Fab is leaving by the staff. Also, despite all the UK talk he is still a Cuse lean (here's hoping). One actually said his list is "Cuse, then a few other teams so he can say he has a list"

Dion not really welcome back so declare for the draft. This disappoints me if true because I think Dion needs another year and I think he would tear it up next year.

Brandon's head is all screwed up and he has lost confidence due to JB shuffling the line up around.

DC2 is carrying a 3.5 gpa (of course he may be taking underwater fire prevention, but whatever he is taking he is doing pretty well). I was also told he would be playing major minutes if he was on Cuse right now, he is that good.

Not that this involves Cuse, but Shabazz (if he is even allowed to play) has pretty much eliminated Kentucky from his list. This one shocked me because I've seen him play 4 times this year and Cal was there twice.

Interesting. DC2 would be the backup C on Cuse right now? Definitely plausible. I hope your Nerlens info is correct.

Nothing too surprising except shabazz, little surprised by noel though but obviously hope its true

Also, is Dion having issued with JB? Or do they want to clear out room for MCW and TC to get plenty of minutes? Dion has proven himself to have AA potential, I'm scratching my head why the staff would want him to move on even if he's not ready, unless there are problems in the lockerroom/ with BT

Here are some things I've heard from coaches/friends in the know. Don't know if they are true, some I hope are and some I hope aren't.

Regarding Nerlen's, rumor is he was told Fab is leaving by the staff. Also, despite all the UK talk he is still a Cuse lean (here's hoping). One actually said his list is "Cuse, then a few other teams so he can say he has a list"

Dion not really welcome back so declare for the draft. This disappoints me if true because I think Dion needs another year and I think he would tear it up next year.

Brandon's head is all screwed up and he has lost confidence due to JB shuffling the line up around.

DC2 is carrying a 3.5 gpa (of course he may be taking underwater fire prevention, but whatever he is taking he is doing pretty well). I was also told he would be playing major minutes if he was on Cuse right now, he is that good.

Not that this involves Cuse, but Shabazz (if he is even allowed to play) has pretty much eliminated Kentucky from his list. This one shocked me because I've seen him play 4 times this year and Cal was there twice.
Brandon comment makes sense, sucks because he's so talented, explains him strugglign too.

Weird about Dion though...

Not surprising. I imagine BT feels like a guy who has been kind of cast aside and recruited over in many senses...but, thats big time college hoops.

Good convo stuff. I don't buy into a couple of them but can see where they can all be said.

I guess that would be Fab-less Fabulous (?).

We have to wonder about this. He certainly has underperformed since the beginning of the season, and his attitude has been a little more defensive and angry/aggressive. But he doesn't seem like the Dion of yore, so I hope this is not true.

I am afraid that Brandon's head has caused difficulties since his freshman year. I notice that the coaching staff says things like "he over-thinks." I believe this is a problem but it hasn't been caused by Boeheim's shufflings, although it certainly may not have helped him much. He strikes me as a frustrating player to coach because he is talented, fit, intelligent, but he gets down on himself. At this point in his college career, we may have to resort to the cliche and say that "he is what he is."

It seems like you would want to avoid putting it out there that Dion isn't welcome back - at that point you're pretty much telling the kid that it's time to audition for the NBA.

I hope DC2 is focusing on shedding some weight this off season.

That's been the magic bullet for RJ and Melo, hopefully that wisdom is being passed on.

Really surprised about Dion. As has been said, he has AA potential. I could understand, though, there might be some concern for how he might be when Scoop is gone, and if he might get a little selfish next year trying to pump up numbers to make the NBA.

Thinking about it I don't think the DC2 getting "major" minutes right now is believable. At most he'd get 15 backing up Fab, and even that is a stretch.

If there are still Dion Issues then its under good wraps and you wouldnt know it by reading any of the player's Tweets...

Dear God I hope the Noel info is and stays correct... I would eat a poop sandwich to see him in Cuse gear!

Thinking about it I don't think the DC2 getting "major" minutes right now is believable. At most he'd get 15 backing up Fab, and even that is a stretch.
Um what part of thinking that DC2 is better than Keita, right now, is difficult to believe?

Um what part of thinking that DC2 is better than Keita, right now, is difficult to believe?
We all know how freshmen centers tend to struggle in the zone, let alone high school seniors; and the OP made it seem like he'd step on campus today and play tomorrow. Look at Rak.

Not to mention he's 6'8, when's the last time our C was under 6'10" (I'm legitimately asking, because I can't remember one)

We all know how freshmen centers tend to struggle in the zone, let alone high school seniors; and the OP made it seem like he'd step on campus today and play tomorrow. Look at Rak.

Not to mention he's 6'8, when's the last time our C was under 6'10" (I'm legitimately asking, because I can't remember one)

hill

hill
I've been following Cuse ball since 1998 (when I was 9), so I didn't get the pleasure of watching him. I remember (in this order):
Etan-Forth/McNeil-Watkins-AO-Melo

Logic tells me that the Dion / BT stuff isn't likely. Why would JB screw with Brandon's head in order to throw major minutes at a guy who is "not welcome back"? Brandon will be the team's heart and soul next year and is a program guy. Dion is a major talent - if he is not welcome back it is because of attitude, behavior, or similar issue. Dion hasn't played so well in the last 1.5 months to risk the next season and a half of your horse for next year (BT).

I think Dion is a tough kid to coach but he's also not stupid and he's matured tremendously this year. JB has dealt, successfully, with far bigger issues than what Dion appears to present. And all indications are that the kid is on a career trajectory that would lead to AA if he stayed his 4 years. Certainly a player worth working with.

wasnt arinze measured at around 6'8?

Was A-O 6"10"? I thought he was definitely more like 6'8" / 6"9"

Don't hold me to this as it is very 3rd/4th/5th-hand kind of info, but what I heard is that Dion is gone almost purely because of academics. He decided on NBA mid season and simply stopped going to class.

Again, unsubstantiated rumor.

It would seem kind of odd that Dion was welcomed back after last year, but wouldn't be after this season...

Im confused how has jb shuffled the lienup around by shortening southerland and Raks minutes. Giving MCW a few token minutes.
He still starts and plays. That kindof sounds like whining about the wrong things. What he wants is more PT I imagine.

He just needs to relax and keep doing his best out there.

Dion was sure to go last year also. Agree BT, MCW and Cooney will be enough but what if one of them ever had a season ending injury we would have nothing left.

Onuaku was listed at 6'9, which means he was no taller than 6'8. Rick started at PF, but c'mon he was our center last year, he was the same size as Onuaku.

Don't hold me to this as it is very 3rd/4th/5th-hand kind of info, but what I heard is that Dion is gone almost purely because of academics. He decided on NBA mid season and simply stopped going to class.

Again, unsubstantiated rumor.

thats what i believe. all the hype he was getting midseason there was no way he was coming back.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom