Things I've heard... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Things I've heard...

Another instance in which Boeheim attacked the wrong party and was incorrect. Flynn, Harris, and Devendorf took a scholarship away from walkons by deciding that February was a nice time to stop being students, despite the fact that they were enrolled and enjoying all the privileges that come with a free college education.
He was simply making the point that you can't control the kids deciding not to go to class so why should the university get penalized for it.

Man UK losing out on both Noel and Shabazz would be absolutely amazing. a) The collective ego of the UK fan base would explode hopefully taking out the whole state with it. b) Calamari would actually be forced coach games in the SEC and not sleep walk through it.

the world needs gym teachers, Danny

it can't be any worse than trying to land a job with a BA in theater

I remember about 15 years ago seeing Red Bruin sitting in the back of a Syr Parks and Rec pickup truck as it drove away. He was part of a lawnmowing crew.

So close, and yet...

Man UK losing out on both Noel and Shabazz would be absolutely amazing. a) The collective ego of the UK fan base would explode hopefully taking out the whole state with it. b) Calamari would actually be forced coach games in the SEC and not sleep walk through it.
Imagine taking UK's 2 main big guy targets in the same year.

Not surprising. I imagine BT feels like a guy who has been kind of cast aside and recruited over in many senses...but, thats big time college hoops.
He cannot say he didn't have his chances.

Not surprising. I imagine BT feels like a guy who has been kind of cast aside and recruited over in many senses...but, thats big time college hoops.

you may not be surprised except it's not true.

btw, he'll lead the team in scoring next year.

the world needs gym teachers, Danny

it can't be any worse than trying to land a job with a BA in theater

Not really...kids don't have phys ed anymore. I think my kids have it like once every other week and their phys ed teacher splits time between two schools. They've given over the time that used to be used for phy ed to preparing for the standardized tests that are administed ad naseum to make certain that No Child Is Left Behind.

I've seen Brandon play for years and I can assure you that in this most recent stretch he simply has not been himself. I think, and I know this is probably not going to be agreed to by many, but with Scoop playing at such a high level recently it has pushed Brandon to the off guard spot more than ever before. In the past Brandon either brought it up the floor or more or less split pg duties with whoever his backcourt mate was, recently he's primarily been off the ball. That requires an adjustment and when you pair that with his shooting slump and decreased minutes I think it's put him in a little funk. Against south Florida it was very apparent that he was determined to bust out of it and was forcing things rather than pick his spots and knock down the jumper or attack the rim while the defense was out of position on a ball reversal, which is one of the strengths of his game letting it come to him. Im confident he'll bounce back. This week off maybe is just what he needed. Allowing him to get in the gym get some shots up, do some drill work, watch film, and clear his head.

Next year he very well may lead the team in scoring as he and fair will be the leaders. Much like others on here i have heard from a few very good sources as well that waiters and fab are good as gone. I've also seen Coleman play numerous times and agree that next year he'll be a real nice player for us. He has real good feet, has nice quick moves underneath, and really goes after it on the glass. He also is a guy, like Grant, who comes from a winning program, which is an underrated attribute.

I really Like Brandon, Did i mention i met him going into the Shoppingtown mall elevator. I and i agree i think he will have a big Senior season

Are you sure that is the way it works in Mookie's case? He left school for personal reasons, is not on the roster, and there have been reports that he will return. I have to believe that a student can disenroll for a semester, assuming they are in good academic standing. Say, for example, there is a death of a family member and the student athlete chooses to take a semester off. You can't be penalized for that, can you? If Mookie's absence is legitimate, then isn't SU's real number 26/24 = 50 (unless, as I wondered earlier, they are able to give that spring semester schollie to someone else). If the number is 50, then even if you lose both points from Dion and Fab, you are at 46/50, .920

Not clear on that, but the way you put it sure sounds fair.

I would hope so..with our big 4 leaving this year. I would think he and CJ will both be around 13-14 ppg next year.

I honestly do not understand why a kid cannot major in basketball. There are so many aspects to being a professional athlete that these kid could be learning about. They get much of it through their participation with the team, but the time is limited by the NCAA. Everyone realizes that most players entering the NBA are woefully under prepared in many aspects of the job from money management, to marketing savvy, to public relations. The full act of preparing for the draft, going through the workouts, agent selection etc could be an "independent study" course that is worth credit. Why not build a curriculum around all that? Is that considered too "vocational" for a real university?

They do offer that major but currently it is offered only at Kentucky.

I really Like Brandon, Did i mention i met him going into the Shoppingtown mall elevator. I and i agree i think he will have a big Senior season
you must be famous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom