This class is looking great! | Syracusefan.com

This class is looking great!

This class is great compared to what we've been getting (the numbers don't lie). All-American JUCO kids that will be making an impact, no questionable kid that will end up in JUCO or no where to be found, no undersized projects, and any big "projects" seem to be coming the way of PWO.

This class is great compared to what we've been getting (the numbers don't lie). All-American JUCO kids that will be making an impact, no questionable kid that will end up in JUCO or no where to be found, no undersized projects, and any big "projects" seem to be coming the way of PWO.
according to the espn site, we had 3 4 star kids just a couple of years ago. I like this class but it is barely ahead of what we have been getting ratings wise.

according to the espn site, we had 3 4 star kids just a couple of years ago. I like this class but it is barely ahead of what we have been getting ratings wise.
Who were the three 4 star kids?
DeVito was the first ESPN 300 kid we have ever signed. ESPN has been doing the 300 since 2006.

trolling ? really. i read the teams ahead of us are getting better . and this is good news how ?
Gotta have a break through season and a Dome Reno going...or else we'll never be higher than 45.

The 4 stars in the past 10-15 years have mostly never materialized...academics, medical, transferred or underperformed

Who were the three 4 star kids?
DeVito was the first ESPN 300 kid we have ever signed. ESPN has been doing the 300 since 2006.

Adly, AJ & Alin. Basically got nothing at all from them.

Has any 4 star since Damien Rhodes and Delone Carter done anything?

Has any 4 star since Damien Rhodes and Delone Carter done anything?
Nah but the turnover in coaching staffs and constant rebuilding has to be factored.

I think grad transfers and Juco guys look fantastic. Outside of devito I see same old same old as far as recruiting. People can soil their drawers and but jergens in 5 gallon buckets all they want but this class is standard operating proecedure at Syracuse, if it is any better than usual we certainly lay ownt know for 2-3 years and hopefully Dino is still around at that point.

Other then maybe 3-4 guys this class isn't what I expected. Honestly thought this staff and devito would have put together a much stronger class. We can say all we want that rankings don't matter but just maybe after 20 years of a sad product we can finally admit rankings do matter. For the life of me I don't understand how good, kickers, qbs, receivers and running backs aren't lining up to play in a babers offense. I really think the dome locker room and amenities hurt but I really can't get over the year after year of under welming recruiting classes that keep translating to 4/5 win season. If syracuse was serious of changing the culture we wouldn't be holding our breath waiting on dome updates. This school needs a serious plan of attack and it needs to have happened years ago. Don't plan on any major renovations for years. Right now the big upgrade is some paint on the concourse walls. Without marque wins top tier talent isn't coming here. We think babers tech speech was great but the rest of world was saying wow what a pathetic locker room. Honestly I'm really over the wait till next year, next year is always next year. This isn't a knock on this class or staff just my frustrations of 20 years of awful football and a school and board that is fine with status quo.

Other then maybe 3-4 guys this class isn't what I expected. Honestly thought this staff and devito would have put together a much stronger class. We can say all we want that rankings don't matter but just maybe after 20 years of a sad product we can finally admit rankings do matter. For the life of me I don't understand how good, kickers, qbs, receivers and running backs aren't lining up to play in a babers offense. I really think the dome locker room and amenities hurt but I really can't get over the year after year of under welming recruiting classes that keep translating to 4/5 win season. If syracuse was serious of changing the culture we wouldn't be holding our breath waiting on dome updates. This school needs a serious plan of attack and it needs to have happened years ago. Don't plan on any major renovations for years. Right now the big upgrade is some paint on the concourse walls. Without marque wins top tier talent isn't coming here. We think babers tech speech was great but the rest of world was saying wow what a pathetic locker room. Honestly I'm really over the wait till next year, next year is always next year. This isn't a knock on this class or staff just my frustrations of 20 years of awful football and a school and board that is fine with status quo.
One defense

Rankings weigh quantity as well

The fact we didn't take a full.compliment hindered the rating

Had we taken a full class and kept Palmer we are too 50 for sure

One defense

Rankings weigh quantity as well

The fact we didn't take a full.compliment hindered the rating

Had we taken a full class and kept Palmer we are too 50 for sure
How exactly is top 50 good.

How exactly is top 50 good.

Better than what we have done and also out if 120 schools, coming in at 45 or so puts you comfortablly in top 1/2. Also, as alluded elsewhere, r Kong from 20 - 50 comes down to coaching ND development

45th ? show me the poll where 11th in the ACC puts you at 45th nationally. do the math. 45 - 11 =32 . out of all the other conferences
i gotta believe we're closer to 60 something. do the numbers matter ? hell no. am i excited ? hell no. still i look forward to next season.

When Devito proves to be the real deal, we're going to look back on this class very positively.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom