this color commentator, coach dick itch is THE WORST | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

this color commentator, coach dick itch is THE WORST

i want whatever drugs dickitch and the rest of you are on

i've never felt stronger about anything than this. tirico spent half the night sounding like someone who didn't want to talk to the person sitting next to him on the plane and the other half sounding like a dad patronizing an idiot kid.
Please. Assessing Dakich's commentary by (subjectively) interpreting Tirico's... what, exactly? Tone? Tenor?

Knowing you're inclined to argue I await your riposte.

Madbiker said:
The guy loves Cuse...he couldn't have a done a better job complimenting the team and pumping us up. What's not to like?
The dome was full of drunken fools who like Syracuse all of whom would be smarter and more intelligible

MCC said:
Please. Assessing Dakich's commentary by (subjectively) interpreting Tirico's... what, exactly? Tone? Tenor? Knowing you're inclined to argue I await your riposte.
I think you might be taking this too seriously

MCC said:
Please. Assessing Dakich's commentary by (subjectively) interpreting Tirico's... what, exactly? Tone? Tenor? Knowing you're inclined to argue I await your riposte.
Ps I don't actually think you're all on drugs, just most of you

That depends. Is the subject aligned with his agenda?

i want whatever drugs dickitch and the rest of you are on

i've never felt stronger about anything than this. tirico spent half the night sounding like someone who didn't want to talk to the person sitting next to him on the plane and the other half sounding like a dad patronizing an idiot kid.

You don't watch a lot of sports, do you?

"Baylor's a good enough team to get you fired."

Interpret.

Interpret.
Actually he did. Said they were good enough to be in games with anyone but seem to be the kind of team that will lose the close ones.

The only dudes better than Dickitch tonight were Ennis and the coolest guy in hoops JB and his halftime adjustment. Again.

a

this guy makes dan dierdorf sound like dick enberg

Agree. The guy's thinks he's doing his radio show. This is tv. A little dead air is not a problem.

Toward the end of the game I was confident Dakich was going to turn to Tirico and say, "How much do you think I can bench press?"

Don't forget about Andy Katz. I wonder if he still gets nervous interviewing JB.

Interpret.

He had his ups and downs, but this was one of his ups. I understood it to mean that baylor has a good team with athletes, but is undisciplined, and is a difficult coaching assignment. Expectations are high because there is talent, but requires serious coaching chops to meet them.

I liked his play breakdowns and x's and o's in-general. That stuff was good. The JB fan appreciation nonsense was painful, and his adulation of the refs was BS - - while they blew the whistle over and over again.

In the final analysis, give me this guy over Brennan any day of the week.

i make lots of posts expecting people to disagree but this wasn't one of them. i really was surprised to see anyone defend him. the only thing he'd be worse at than announcing would be reffing. "You shouldn't have broken that guys neck, consider this your 5th to last warning buster"

I thought Dick was a Jack Donkey. "Do fans appreciate Jim Boeheim.." BS comment. My God he said some pretty stupid stuff.

Well considering a lot of people wanted Boeheim gone in various parts of the 90's, it was a reasonable question.

When I was a student ('89-93) there was a popular t-shirt on campus, "Top 10 People Who Should Replace Jim Boeheim."

I only remember one of the entries on the list, but it was pretty funny: "My Indian T.A."

Trust me, he was not always as revered as in the 10 years since we beat Kansas.

Interpret.

Pretty easy actually...

Baylor is loaded with talent.

But they are not yet a "team" and don't play with consistency.

Based on how well they've recruited, there are lots of expectations at Baylor, but DD doesn't believe they will play up to those expectations.

And if they fizzle out with all those 4 and 5-star recruits, the coach just might get fired.

I'm down with anyone who loves Boeheim as much as this guy but man, his entire shtick is a bit much. Complimenting Cooney is one thing, but rerunning tape to credit Cooney for creating space when baskets are being made 20 feet from him was loony. I also enjoyed when Tirico got noticeably pissed at him in the first half when they were going back and forth about the 87 championship game.

Well considering a lot of people wanted Boeheim gone in various parts of the 90's, it was a reasonable question.

When I was a student ('89-93) there was a popular t-shirt on campus, "Top 10 People Who Should Replace Jim Boeheim."

Well, let's see, that was 20 years ago! It's just a strange comment to make after his 50th anniversary, after his 900th win, after the court has be named after him. He did say some nice things during the game. See my other comment on the other Dan thread.

Don't forget about Andy Katz. I wonder if he still gets nervous interviewing JB.
I don't think he has interviewed him since, has he? I know he didn't at the half, wasn't really paying attention post game

You guys are nuts, Dakich was great last night. He is always great. My 2nd fav color guy to Bilas. A distant second, but Bilas is so good that is not saying much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom