This has been a tough week for syracusefan.com | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

This has been a tough week for syracusefan.com

Also, according to Sports Reference...

TB is taking 9.7 2pt Atts per game this season compared to 9.4 per game last season.

He is making 5.1 2pt Atts this season compared to 4.2 last season.

So ur argument is false.

He is in fact taking more this season, at a much higher clip.
Let’s bookmark this for the end of the season and I still don’t think he is better offensively this year. You can think otherwise it’s subjective.

You couldn’t be more off base. Nobody said JB is never wrong. Not one person has posted that. If you hate “dealing with fans like me” then ignore us. Having posters like you that constantly bash our head coach is no fun either. You’re going to get challenged when you post the same, often wrong crap all the time. Sorry, but this isn’t just your forum where you have free reign to crap on Boehiem all day every day.
Yeah all I do is crap on Boeheim all day every day my god you are completely right.
I mean all I do is rip JB I never give credit when it’s due. I never contribute anything but criticism.
If I were going to ignore anybody it would your routine of defending the wall to the extreme.

When a poster like Celuck is trolling you it makes me feel better. He is one of the fairest/rational posters on here..
The criticism I give JB is fair and never personal. I can’t even deal with you anymore it is such a waste of energy and nothing is going to change.
The NCAA screwed the program with penalties that were for felonies when we committed misdemeanors.
The University tried to use JBs retirement to get less penalties the NCAA didn’t bite and overpenalized us.
JB wasn’t letting the NCAA decide when he was retiring so it messed up the succession plan and forced out his top lieutenant Hopkins.
The problems the program have right now are on him. He also deserves to call his shot now but unlike you I can be critical of his faults. Posters like you make excuses and deflect. I call it the way I see it. You can call that crap on Boeheim all day every day but it’s not true.

Yeah all I do is crap on Boeheim all day every day my god you are completely right.
I mean all I do is rip JB I never give credit when it’s due. I never contribute anything but criticism.
If I were going to ignore anybody it would your routine of defending the wall to the extreme.

When a poster like Celuck is trolling you it makes me feel better. He is one of the fairest/rational posters on here..
The criticism I give JB is fair and never personal. I can’t even deal with you anymore it is such a waste of energy and nothing is going to change.
The NCAA screwed the program with penalties that were for felonies when we committed misdemeanors.
The University tried to use JBs retirement to get less penalties the NCAA didn’t bite and overpenalized us.
JB wasn’t letting the NCAA decide when he was retiring so it messed up the succession plan and forced out his top lieutenant Hopkins.
The problems the program have right now are on him. He also deserves to call his shot now but unlike you I can be critical of his faults. Posters like you make excuses and deflect. I call it the way I see it. You can call that crap on Boeheim all day every day but it’s not true.

You call it the way YOU see it which is to blame Boeheim for:

-Poor roster management
-Poor recruiting
-Poor player development
-Inability to change
-Poor coaching
-Laziness with regard to recruiting
-Lack of energy
-Game has passed him by

Yeah, none of that is personal. Got it. You refuse to credit JB when we recruit well, but are quick to point the finger at him when we lose a kid. What DO you like about JB?

Meanwhile JB just beat the #1 team in the nation on the road. 4-1 in the ACC and won 6 of 7. Sweet 16 last year, and 2 FF’s in the 5 years prior.

Like another poster put it, you’re lying in the weeds to bash if things don’t go well. It sure seems personal to me.

I don’t care about Billy Boy-his purpose is to stir the pot. He doesn’t believe 1/2 of what he posts and most of the time he’s not posting anything of substance.

Last edited:
Outside of Hughes who we didn’t see last year or the freshman what player from last year has gotten better offensively and please tell me how?

IMO definitely battle and marek. To some extent Howard who is shooting it better and will further improve.

You call it the way YOU see it which is to blame Boeheim for:

-Poor roster management
-Poor recruiting
-Poor player development
-Inability to change
-Poor coaching
-Laziness with regard to recruiting
-Lack of energy
-Game has passed him by

Yeah, none of that is personal. Got it. You refuse to credit JB when we recruit well, but are quick to point the finger at him when we lose a kid. What DO you like about JB?

Meanwhile JB just beat the #1 team in the nation on the road. 4-1 in the ACC and won 6 of 7. Sweet 16 last year, and 2 FF’s in the 5 years prior.

Like another poster put it, you’re lying in the weeds to bash if things don’t go well. It sure seems personal to me.

I don’t care about Billy Boy-his purpose is to stir the pot. He doesn’t believe 1/2 of what he posts and most of the time he’s not posting anything of substance.
Yeah I am lying in the weeds when all I do is praise Dino Babers for 3 years now. You totally got me. Where do I say my opinions matter more than others.
If I want to say something I will. You take defending the wall to the extreme. You take my posts completely out of context which is your right. I never said the game has passed JB.
I have been positive where dealing with you is just a waste of energy. The problem is you give the HC a complete pass for what has happened. Even if the program was overpunished this was the second time JB got punished by the NCAA.
I really don’t care what you think. Just like i am sure you don’t care what I think.
You aren’t going to stop me from having my opinions.

Here you go:

Syracuse recruited Huerter while dealing with scholarship restrictions due to its most recent NCAA investigation. The Orange hoped Huerter would attend prep school and arrive as a freshman this season. Huerter's game blew up enough to make him a valuable commodity in 2016.

Syracuse didn't have a scholarship until Malachi Richardson left early for the NBA Draft, and by then Huerter had already made up his mind, choosing the Terrapins. The Orange brought in graduate transfer Andrew White instead.

"We didn't have scholarships," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "Everyone thinks the NCAA doesn't hurt you too much. Oh yeah, it hurts you. It crushes you. We knew he was a great player, great shooter, perfect wing player for us. He's a tremendous player and tremendous shooter."

Kevin Huerter, who could have been Orange, drops 23 for Maryland in homecoming

Thanks. However, that's not the article I was recalling/specifically refering to. I found it though here:

Syracuse basketball coaches keeping tabs on three Albany City Rocks point guards

It was from April of 2015, 3 upstate guys I had mentioned that SU were 'keeping tabs' on. As I recall, they had pursued Battle much harder for the same position, as again, Huerter blew up late(r) and is when SU paid more attention to him. By then, however, he had 20 offers according to the article. That being said, SU had still not offered him.

I think this is a telling statement from the article: Syracuse's various interests in the 2016 class and with just one scholarship available at this point, Huerter's reclassification would make him more interesting to the Orange.

Hindsight is always 20/20, even for the coaches in retrospect. They had a scholly and could've offered it to him, but they were holding it for someone else or position possibly. I can't recall who they ultimately took that year in lieu of Huerter, was it White?

Last edited:
Oshae not being better is my biggest disappointment with Chukwu being the same or worse during the beginning of the year a close second. Oshaes finishing ability is the same and his jumper is worse

I’ll give Sidibe and Frank a pass due to injuries.

Carey has not come along as well as most have hoped on offense.

3 point shooting early in the year from especially Battle and Oshae was not nearly what I expected. We should at least shoot 35% from 3. Only Hughes was able to accomplish that.

A few years ago Lydon, Gbinije, Cooney(yes him, and Mali all shot 35 percent from 3.

3 point shooting early in the year from especially Battle and Oshae was not nearly what I expected. We should at least shoot 35% from 3. Only Hughes was able to accomplish that.

A few years ago Lydon, Gbinije, Cooney(yes him, and Mali all shot 35 percent from 3.
it is early but as a team, it's up to 34.5% in conference play. eli, frank & buddy all above the 35% line & all taking at least 3 per game
cumulatively, those three are taking 17 per game at a .393 clip

Yeah I am lying in the weeds when all I do is praise Dino Babers for 3 years now. You totally got me. Where do I say my opinions matter more than others.

Let me know when you have something positive to say about Boeheim, without qualifiers.

If I want to say something I will. You take defending the wall to the extreme. You take my posts completely out of context which is your right. I never said the game has passed JB.

What wall? What is this imaginary war you are fighting?

I have been positive where dealing with you is just a waste of energy. The problem is you give the HC a complete pass for what has happened. Even if the program was overpunished this was the second time JB got punished by the NCAA.
I really don’t care what you think. Just like i am sure you don’t care what I think.
You aren’t going to stop me from having my opinions.

And that’s how we know it’s personal.

You can have your opinions, no matter how misguided. Just don’t get mad when you are challenged on the constant diarrhea. The temper-trantrums you throw are silly.

I like final 4's, sweet 16s, NBA draft picks, packed carrier dome, high level recruits, great coaching. I would like a ACC championship though. Life is not bad rooting for Syracuse. Far from perfect but cry me a river. Who knows if it could be better without Boeheim? Hard to say.

Thanks. However, that's not the article I was recalling/specifically refering to. I found it though here:

Syracuse basketball coaches keeping tabs on three Albany City Rocks point guards

It was from April of 2015, 3 upstate guys I had mentioned that SU were 'keeping tabs' on. As I recall, they had pursued Battle much harder for the same position, as again, Huerter blew up late(r) and is when SU paid more attention to him. By then, however, he had 20 offers according to the article. That being said, SU had still not offered him.

I think this is a telling statement from the article: Syracuse's various interests in the 2016 class and with just one scholarship available at this point, Huerter's reclassification would make him more interesting to the Orange.

Hindsight is always 20/20, even for the coaches in retrospect. They had a scholly and could've offered it to him, but they were holding it for someone else or position possibly. I can't recall who they ultimately took that year in lieu of Huerter, was it White?

They wanted Heurter to prep and come in the following year. Had we won the appeal, Heurter may have been Orange in 2016.

“The reason Syracuse didn't make the cut is the school's scholarship offer was for the 2017 year. The SU coaches, facing a reduction of three scholarships a year for the next four years, hoped that Huerter would consider spending a year at a prep school.

The NCAA's sanctions mean Syracuse can have just 10 players on scholarship beginning with the 2016-17 academic year. Syracuse, which has verbal commitments from 2016 recruits Matthew Moyer and Tyus Battle and recently added Providence transfer Paschal Chukwu, is already one over the limit at this point.”

Emerging recruit Kevin Huerter would consider 2016 offer from Syracuse

Last edited:
And that’s how we know it’s personal.

You can have your opinions, no matter how misguided.

Personal? Twisting yourself in quite a bow for that one.

Kind of funny you calling out misguided opinions with this pearl.

I don't think expectation failure explains it all. I think you need to include some plain dislike for JB. How they got there I'm not sure. But those posters use anything they can think of as blasting discussion item.

For instance, a thread on the lack of PT for the 10th man Braswell. To get that out you need a creative, Lex Luther, type thought process (let's see maybe I can extrapolate from the end of the Colgate game into the ACC).
Have you looked at those advanced stats that Braswell has put up in 37 minutes of mop up time? They put Zion's numbers to shame.

Personal? Twisting yourself in quite a bow for that one.

Kind of funny you calling out misguided opinions with this pearl.

Indeed personal. He says we were over-punished then goes on to mention how’s it’s the 2nd time JB got punished.

He doesn’t like JB and is going to blame him for everything and will credit him for nothing. Get it?

Indeed personal. He says we were over-punished then goes on to mention how’s it’s the 2nd time JB got punished.

He doesn’t like JB and is going to blame him for everything and will credit him for nothing. Get it?
Credit him for nothing?
This chit is why I don’t want to bother with you.
It can be true we were overpunished and JB has been hit with NCAA violations 2 times. You would hear this from one of JB’s biggest defenders on this board dasher.
He would say exactly what I did.
I give JB credit when he deserves it. I think the NCAA are POS for how they treated us we were overpunished.
I also don’t pretend we did nothing and the person who is at the top gets some of the blame. I don’t think JB deserved to be suspended or that we deserved the ban. I really don’t care to justify my fandom to a poster who I don’t respect. You make me the bad guy because I don’t bury my head in the sand and pretend JB doesn’t deserve some blame for the penalties. His attitude towards the NCAA made him there target. They were vindictive which is a joke. I had more to say but then I realized who I was responding too and you weren’t worth it.

Let’s bookmark this for the end of the season and I still don’t think he is better offensively this year. You can think otherwise it’s subjective.
It's only subjective if you want to disbelieve the numbers staring you in the face because they don't agree with your preconceived notion. We're about half way into the season and Battle is significantly more efficient inside the arc, and while not improved from deep, is shooting less frequently from there.

It's only subjective if you want to disbelieve the numbers staring you in the face because they don't agree with your preconceived notion. We're about half way into the season and Battle is significantly more efficient inside the arc, and while not improved from deep, is shooting less frequently from there.
Have we played more cupcakes or major opponents?
Let’s see after we play 13 more ACC games and postseason. Good job interjecting yourself in here as I didn’t expect you to let it go.
When I am wrong unlike most I admit it.
Our schedule gets tougher let’s wait till the season is over and if I am wrong I don’t hide as I don’t care if I am wrong and actually want to be wrong as if Battle shoots well we win.
I don’t think Battle has been better offensively this year. He has been the same IMO. The numbers say he is better at shooting 2’s and worse shooting 3’s. He has the same basic ppg.

Credit him for nothing?
This chit is why I don’t want to bother with you.
It can be true we were overpunished and JB has been hit with NCAA violations 2 times. You would hear this from one of JB’s biggest defenders on this board dasher.
He would say exactly what I did.
I give JB credit when he deserves it. I think the NCAA are POS for how they treated us we were overpunished.
I also don’t pretend we did nothing and the person who is at the top gets some of the blame. I don’t think JB deserved to be suspended or that we deserved the ban. I really don’t care to justify my fandom to a poster who I don’t respect. You make me the bad guy because I don’t bury my head in the sand and pretend JB doesn’t deserve some blame for the penalties. His attitude towards the NCAA made him there target. They were vindictive which is a joke. I had more to say but then I realized who I was responding too and you weren’t worth it.

You continue to make my point. It’s JB’s fault because of his attitude? Jeez. I’m not making you the bad guy. You’re the one that constantly bashes JB. I’m just responding to it. Anyone that doesn’t agree with your agenda “has his head in the sand”.

Let’s see after we play 13 more ACC games and postseason. Good job interjecting yourself in here as I didn’t expect you to let it go.
Our schedule gets tougher let’s wait till the season is over and if I am wrong I don’t hide as I don’t care if I am wrong and actually want to be wrong as if Battle shoots well we win.
I don’t think Battle has been better offensively this year. He has been the same IMO. The numbers say he is better at shooting 2’s and worse shooting 3’s. He has the same basic ppg.
If it'll make you feel better, next time I'll be sure to ask "Alsacs may I" before I post.

AT THE TIME that Huerter committed to the Twerps, we DID NOT HAVE an available scholarship.

However, like a week and a half later (or some sadly short timeframe) one opened up, I think maybe because Mali declared? Or we got 1 back from the NCAA? I forget those specific details.

Anyway - the staff really liked Huerter, but couldn't offer a scholarship they didn't have.
That's why they tried to talk him into a Prep year.
But then MD and other P5 offers popped up, and he went w/ the Twerps, and the rest is history.

If it'll make you feel better, next time I'll be sure to ask "Alsacs may I" before I post.
I am not going to tell you what to do as I don’t have that right but when your posts are vulture style posts like below I will say what I do to you.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
You continue to make my point. It’s JB’s fault because of his attitude? Jeez. I’m not making you the bad guy. You’re the one that constantly bashes JB. I’m just responding to it. Anyone that doesn’t agree with your agenda “has his head in the sand”.
LOL again you take me out context my god.
I don’t say anyone who doesn’t agree with me has their head buried in the sand. It is people that say what you do that have their heads buried in the sand.
I disagree with Dasher or Cusefan0307 or hell Forza they don’t act like you. You are trying to frame my statements completely to fit the agenda you want them to be.
JB does deserve some blame for the NCAA violations. He was the HC. We were overpunished but when you are the top of the pyramid you get the credit when it’s good and you get some of the blame. I don’t think JB was treated fairly with the severity but I don’t try to spin and say he doesn’t deserve some blame.

LOL again you take me out context my god.
I don’t say anyone who doesn’t agree with me has their head buried in the sand. It is people that say what you do that have their heads buried in the sand.
I disagree with Dasher or Cusefan0307 or hell Forza they don’t act like you. You are trying to frame my statements completely to fit the agenda you want them to be.
JB does deserve some blame for the NCAA violations. He was the HC. We were overpunished but when you are the top of the pyramid you get the credit when it’s good and you get some of the blame. I don’t think JB was treated fairly with the severity but I don’t try to spin and say he doesn’t deserve some blame.

But you’re not giving JB credit. Right? Just blame.

Alsacs - But what about recently for Battle? He has looked like a man possessed! Added bringing up the ball and looked tight with it.

It was Battle who stood out, player of the game even over Zion of Duke. I think Duke/K will be voting TB as all ACC (but not for POY in ACC the homer b*stards). Battle had another standout performance against Pitt (actually for me that's just his new normal).

Named Naismith National Player of the Week. Averaged 27.5 ppg. It's more than just me who thought he was an animal. Just a guess, but I doubt he ever got that award before.

Forget year over year. I'm telling you watch him from that Duke game out. The man just got the Memo, he's that guy from here on out. He finishes the season like that and just may be in the lottery.