This has been a tough week for syracusefan.com | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

This has been a tough week for syracusefan.com

I’m not sure, but thought BJ and his dad were adamant about not redshirting. That’s not Boeheim’s fault.

Every program has kids they shouldn’t have brought in. Chino was a 3-star kid, He was never the plan.

Was does zone ready mean? Tall, long and athletic kids? Yeah who wants that?
Is PC someone you consider athletic?

Lydon was the 52nd recruit in his class he wasn’t a project.
So yeah if we could have gotten a player that good JB could have pushed Chino out.
We didn’t and he didn’t push Chino out.
Sanctions cost us Huerter I agree but you are ignoring the point that is being made JB didn’t use all 13 pretty much every year. He rewarded walkons and you know it. The walkons were the biggest losers during the sanctions if you want to be fair.

I do remember prior to the sanctions hitting that we were going after Battle way harder than Huerter. When Battle initially committed to UM, most here were luke warm in regards to Huerter, and that he would be an okay type of fall back. There was a good article on Syracuse.com around this time as well about 3 upstate guys, one being Huerter. But it said SU was aware of him, but that they weren't gung ho or going after him balls to the wall. It wasn't until after he gave a verbal to Maryland, when more hoopla and chatter came about. I think he kind of blew up late...at least that's how I recall it...I could be incorrect though.

Lydon was the 52nd recruit in his class he wasn’t a project.
So yeah if we could have gotten a player that good JB could have pushed Chino out.
We didn’t and he didn’t push Chino out.
Sanctions cost us Huerter I agree but you are ignoring the point that is being made JB didn’t use all 13 pretty much every year. He rewarded walkons and you know it. The walkons were the biggest losers during the sanctions if you want to be fair.

Who else offered Lydon? He was closer to 75.

he was not a project but he was not 52 either. he was 72 in the final consensus rsci ranking with nobody ranking him higher than 58 and a low of 94
Syracuse gets commitment from Class of 2015 recruit Tyler Lydon
24-7- had him 52nd.
Rivals had him 77th.
Fact is Lydon wasn’t a project any program would take a top100 recruit like him.
If we could have gotten another top 100 recruit during this time JB could have pushed Chino out like he did BJ and Ron Patterson.

Florida, Virginia, Villanova, Iowa, Boston College all offered.
Duke/Kansas/North Carolina had interest.[/QUOTE

He had interest from those schools. Offers were Iowa, Maryland, BC, Iowa State.

ESPN ranked him 76th.

24-7- had him 52nd.
Rivals had him 77th.
Fact is Lydon wasn’t a project any program would take a top100 recruit like him.
If we could have gotten another top 100 recruit during this time JB could have pushed Chino out like he did BJ and Ron Patterson.

So ESPN and Rivals has him 75/76.

Imagine if JB could have found another player like him with those 4 scholarships each year. Someone like Kevin Heurter.

24-7- had him 52nd.
Rivals had him 77th.
those were not his final ratings
and in that class jb did recruit over chino when he took the even higher rated moustapha diagne (consensus 68, high of 40), another recruiting win that didn't actually make it to campus through no fault of the staff

I do remember prior to the sanctions hitting that we were going after Battle way harder than Huerter. When Battle initially committed to UM, most here were luke warm in regards to Huerter, and that he would be an okay type of fall back. There was a good article on Syracuse.com around this time as well about 3 upstate guys, one being Huerter. But it said SU was aware of him, but that they weren't gung ho or going after him balls to the wall. It wasn't until after he gave a verbal to Maryland, when more hoopla and chatter came about. I think he kind of blew up late...at least that's how I recall it...I could be incorrect though.

Here you go:

Syracuse recruited Huerter while dealing with scholarship restrictions due to its most recent NCAA investigation. The Orange hoped Huerter would attend prep school and arrive as a freshman this season. Huerter's game blew up enough to make him a valuable commodity in 2016.

Syracuse didn't have a scholarship until Malachi Richardson left early for the NBA Draft, and by then Huerter had already made up his mind, choosing the Terrapins. The Orange brought in graduate transfer Andrew White instead.

"We didn't have scholarships," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "Everyone thinks the NCAA doesn't hurt you too much. Oh yeah, it hurts you. It crushes you. We knew he was a great player, great shooter, perfect wing player for us. He's a tremendous player and tremendous shooter."

Kevin Huerter, who could have been Orange, drops 23 for Maryland in homecoming

So ESPN and Rivals has him 75/76.

Imagine if JB could have found another player like him with those 4 scholarships each year. Someone like Kevin Heurter.
Nothing stopped JB from recruiting an extra guy we lost Kaleb Joseph to transfer in 2016-17 and Taureen Thompson in 2017-2018.
The fact is the sanctions hurt us no doubt but the lost scholarships isn’t as big as it’s made to be. It cost us Huerter no doubt but that is all we can prove.
Again you don’t acknowledge JB had a tendency to not use all 13 anyway and we always had players leaving whether it was early entry to the draft or transfer.
Our recruiting wasn’t ready. Thus the rosters were short.

Nothing stopped JB from recruiting an extra guy we lost Kaleb Joseph to transfer in 2016-17 and Taureen Thompson in 2017-2018.
The fact is the sanctions hurt us no doubt but the lost scholarships isn’t as big as it’s made to be.
Again you don’t acknowledge JB had a tendency to not use all 13 anyway and we always had players leaving whether it was early entry to the draft or transfer.
Our recruiting wasn’t ready. Thus the rosters were short.

"We didn't have scholarships," Syracuse coach Jim Boeheim said. "Everyone thinks the NCAA doesn't hurt you too much. Oh yeah, it hurts you. It crushes you. We knew he was a great player, great shooter, perfect wing player for us. He's a tremendous player and tremendous shooter."

I’ll go with JAB over StatBoy

I’ll go with JAB over StatBoy
JB didn’t know McCollough was one and done.
The guy knows basketball but its not like he is never wrong.
I hate dealing with fans like you make it impossible to be objective and fair.
Anything this isn’t 100% pro-JB is a hater.

Last year Battle shot 347 2 pt FGA.
This year Battle has shot 174 2 FGA.
He is on pace for less than last year.
I know you can understand this because last year we didn’t Hughes or the bench he had to take more shots.
With more depth he has taken less shots thus his percentage is up.
I mean it’s not hard to figure out.

Also, according to Sports Reference...

TB is taking 9.7 2pt Atts per game this season compared to 9.4 per game last season.

He is making 5.1 2pt Atts this season compared to 4.2 last season.

So ur argument is false.

He is in fact taking more this season, while making at a much higher clip.

Last edited:
Also, according to Sports Reference...

TB is taking 9.7 2pt Atts per game this season compared to 9.4 per game last season.

He is making 5.1 2pt Atts this season compared to 4.2 last season.

So ur argument is false.

He is in fact taking more AND making more.
ouch

i mean, if you are going to give yourself the nickname statboy . . .

JB didn’t know McCollough was one and done.
The guy knows basketball but its not like he is never wrong.
I hate dealing with fans like you make it impossible to be objective and fair.
Anything this isn’t 100% pro-JB is a hater.

You couldn’t be more off base. Nobody said JB is never wrong. Not one person has posted that. If you hate “dealing with fans like me” then ignore us. Having posters like you that constantly bash our head coach is no fun either. You’re going to get challenged when you post the same, often wrong crap all the time. Sorry, but this isn’t just your forum where you have free reign to crap on Boehiem all day every day.