This is a dead season | Syracusefan.com

This is a dead season

Alsacs

Living Legend
Our offense sucks.
It’s not going to get much better.
The OL and QB positions will struggle too much.
We are going to lose Trill and Cisco most likely on defense.

Dino better replace them.
We better hope the Seniors we want to keep will stay.
Next year Dino better have a competent offense or he is done.
Plain and simple.
The pandemic and no spring ball gives him next year.

The performance yesterday on offense and coaching staff in the 4th quarter was pathetic.

End of message.

Our offense sucks.

Plain and simple.

The performance yesterday on offense and coaching staff in the 4th quarter was pathetic.

End of message.
I don't often agree with Alsacs but when I do...it scares me.

But I agree and will be a painful year for us die hards.

All I can say is the GT game will be entertaining, one way or the other. Have a bad feeling we are going to see another atrocious performance by the offense. Dino must be glad there will be no fans in the dome 2.0 because it would be bombarded with boos with more of the same gutless and mindless scheme he and his brilliant new OC are trying to run. And GT by the way gutted their program last year, basically starting from scatch with a new offensive philosophy and they might "wreck" us in the home opener.

So if Cisco is the 7-10th best Safety where does that put him in the draft like 6-7 rd? not sure what NFL does with him.. He needs to be in a Pro D that doesnt want him to make tackles or cover guys cause he doesnt do that now.

Gt gave up almost 700 yds yesterday so hopefully we can find 300.. they went 45 min with 1 score too so maybe we hold them to 21

Our offense sucks.

Plain and simple.

End of message.

All I can say is the GT game will be entertaining, one way or the other. Have a bad feeling we are going to see another atrocious performance by the offense. Dino must be glad there will be no fans in the dome 2.0 because it would be bombarded with boos with more of the same gutless and mindless scheme he and his brilliant new OC are trying to run. And GT by the way gutted their program last year, basically starting from scatch with a new offensive philosophy and they might "wreck" us in the home opener.
Watched some of the GTech - USF game. GTech showed a good, in-sync OL and a skilled QB who can do check-downs & find open receivers. Hope I'm very wrong, but this doesn't look good for The Dome opener.

Watched some of the GTech - USF game. GTech showed a good, in-sync OL and a skilled QB who can do check-downs & find open receivers. Hope I'm very wrong, but this doesn't look good for The Dome opener.

They also have a game breaking RB. Gibbs. True Frosh.

So if Cisco is the 7-10th best Safety where does that put him in the draft like 6-7 rd? not sure what NFL does with him.. He needs to be in a Pro D that doesnt want him to make tackles or cover guys cause he doesnt do that now.

I think he's looking at a Day 2 pick, so 2nd or 3rd round

Our offense sucks.

Plain and simple.

End of message.
Can Trill leave?

Gt gave up almost 700 yds yesterday so hopefully we can find 300.. they went 45 min with 1 score too so maybe we hold them to 21
If we hold them to 21 there’s a good chance we lose or at the very best just knuckle it out

He's not a 6th or 7th rounder. He's a Day 1 pick at best. A second rounder at worst. Todd McShay has a very poor track record. His rankings are nonsense. A preseason AA is not a Day 3 pick.

Re: the OT. I don't think it's a dead season, but Dino's seat will be warming up. Luckily for him and the team, the next three games are winnable. I saw the schedule before the season and penciled in losses at UNC and at Pitt. Syracuse just isn't on their level yet and they were able to keep it close for most of the game in respects to UNC and were never really out of it vs. Pitt.

Dino's tenure at Syracuse is going to live and die with the offensive line. It's a position he has failed to recruit since he's been here. He needs to get guys who not only have P5 bodies, but can play immediately. He has too many ppl that are WIP on scholarship. Going to JuCo and grad transfer route is necessary. Yes, Alexander was a disappointment, but Koda Martin wasn't. He's 50% with those players. Can't be scared off by how bad one person did. His job beyond 2021 will depend on it. A QB doesn't fix this. Have to remember that Eric Dungey was in his last season when it all came together for him and even then, he either got hurt or was running for his life to extend plays.

I think he's looking at a Day 2 pick, so 2nd or 3rd round
based on what you see as a safety from him or because you are an SU fan? Other than catching poorly thrown passes well what safety qualities as an NFL player do you see? Size? Speed? Tackling? Cover skills? Hitting?

any he probably does go 2nd/3rd round if 6-7 safeties do go that soon.

we play a style now that lends itself to active safeties . Hard to even know he is on the field except for 2-3 plays a game..

It was always better to see this as an exhibition season where we try a bunch of stuff and get experience for the younger guys. I said it 3 months ago. It’s too weird of a year.

TD’s lack of growth makes it a tougher pill to swallow - but let’s see what the freshman from TX has

based on what you see as a safety from him or because you are an SU fan? Other than catching poorly thrown passes well what safety qualities as an NFL player do you see? Size? Speed? Tackling? Cover skills? Hitting?

any he probably does go 2nd/3rd round if 6-7 safeties do go that soon.

we play a style now that lends itself to active safeties . Hard to even know he is on the field except for 2-3 plays a game..

Both. I think he does have NFL level talent, prolly not high end but NFL starter quality. His tackling and cover skills can be inconsistent but I've seen enough playmaking ability from him to make me think he'll play on Sundays. And I can def see multiple FS going early in the draft so that'll help position him to be a Day 2 pick.

Our offense sucks.

Plain and simple.

End of message.

I hate posts like this, but to

We are two games in. Both on the road against Top 25 teams. The revamped schedule screamed four wins or so.

it is super clear something has to happen on the offensive side of the ball. Duh.

Not Pollyanna by any means, but as legendarily bad as this offense has been, we’ve been in games in the 3rd quarter.

Dino will have this team competing better. I really believe that.

We are two games in. Both on the road against Top 25 teams. The revamped schedule screamed four wins or so.

it is super clear something has to happen on the offensive side of the ball. Duh.

Not Pollyanna by any means, but as legendarily bad as this offense has been, we’ve been in games in the 3rd quarter.

Our offense sucks we haven’t anything to see that it will get better.

Our coach quit yesterday he knows our offense sucks.
We had the ball at the 35 yard line of Pitt, 13 yard line of Pitt and 45 yard line of Pitt to start drives yesterday and only got 3 points from those possessions.

Our offense is historically bad.
It’s statistically almost impossible to do that.

Our OL is a work in progress and I believe is doing the best they can.

Our QB play isn’t giving the team a chance.
The OL was responsible for a few sacks yesterday specifically the LT but the QB holds the ball way too long and doesn’t see the whole field.

This offense is going to suck.

We are done for the year. It’s on Dino. I support Dino but he is the one this is on.

Our offense sucks.

Plain and simple.

End of message.
Really, with that thread title, no one else immediately thought of this?

Well playing devils advocate, if this offense is "legendary bad" and we've been in games in the 3rd quarter, perhaps one could argue that those two Top 25 teams aren't all that? Especially, with neither the B1G nor the PAC12 (along with others) being included at this stage. Pitt and UNC are not traditional powerhouses, and are said to be peer schools, so being over 3 touchdown dogs should speak for itself, especially in year five of Dino.

Indeed, we are only 2 games in...so time undoubtedly will tell where this team will be at season's end. Although, I don't think competing is the issue, unless of course, you are referring to Dino himself relative to the end of yesterday's game and seemingly quitting.

Alsacs, for the sake of your family and the syracusefan.com community, here's my free advice to you:
Whenever I feel afraid
I hold my head erect
and whistle a happy tune
so no one will suspect
I'm afraid.

We’re going to beat GT on Saturday. I’ll be shocked if we don’t.

We’re going to put pressure on their freshman QB and our secondary is going to make plays. Dino may have lied down and died yesterday but I refuse to believe we’re going to show up and lay a dud. GT stinks

Through 2 games Devito has thrown for 144 yards. He has been sacked 15 times. Ridiculous. Tommy should have 144 yards in 1 half let alone through 2 freaking games.

This team has proven that are not interested in playing football. Maybe they should have not skipped practice. They are only puttingvtheir futures on the line when they do that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom