This is a great finals... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

This is a great finals...

Exactly, had it tucked like an RB, taking 3 steps, into 3 people. He had nothing there.

The awful thing is that Lebron would absolutely have gotten that call.

I still can't believe they didn't call the obvious offensive on him near the end there when Green knocked the ball out of his control and off Lebron (and they still called it for Miami).

So, the foul that transpired doesn't count?

BS.

Fouls get missed on plays like that sometimes.

Get a decent shot off on any of your final possessions and it might not matter. Instead of feeding Duncan, Manu and Parker played hero ball.

Sure, but the implication is that its said with a lot of venom. Take MJ. Did Paxson bail him out? What about Grant and Pippen when they had a block party at Charles Smith's expense? Suddenly, he might be down to 4 titles. Lebron is a (arguably instigating) victim of a newborn social media driven society. But the bottom line is he's absolutely tremendous, and whoever can't admit that is fooling themselves.

Yeah, he is a great player...and acts like a dic.

motherf'er. spurs made only 1 of 2 fts i think 4 times in the last minute and ot. pop with some awful coaching. it was a layup drill for lebron in the 4th qtr, how do you play him straight up? make chalmers and miller beat you. duncan and parker are your 2 best players, keep them on the floor at all times in the last few minutes with a championship on the line. ginobili was god awful, hes pulling the drive and jump in the air and pass it behind you to the other team move that mcw perfected this year, only manu is doing it in overtime of the nba finals. how does pop not call timeout with 10 seconds left down 1 to get parker back in the game?

Sure, but the implication is that its said with a lot of venom. Take MJ. Did Paxson bail him out? What about Grant and Pippen when they had a block party at Charles Smith's expense? Suddenly, he might be down to 4 titles. Lebron is a (arguably instigating) victim of a newborn social media driven society. But the bottom line is he's absolutely tremendous, and whoever can't admit that is fooling themselves.

Agreed...which makes it curious to me why some of you guys do it to Melo.

I refuse to have the Lebron-Jordan discussion anymore, with anyone, because it's just not there.

Fouls get missed on plays like that sometimes.

Get a decent shot off on any of your final possessions and it might not matter. Instead of feeding Duncan, Manu and Parker played hero ball.

What the F does that have to do with whether Ray Allen committed an obvious foul or not?

Manu played like crap--no argument there. But he drove to the basket and got hacked, and that call would have impacted the outcome of the game. It isn't a matter of if he got fouled--he clearly did. And it wouldn't have necessarily cost Miami the game to make that call--not saying that San Antonio got robbed, but they definitely got jobbed.

Shame that an incredible game--an EPIC finals game--got marred by a blatant missed call. Regardless of which team you are rooting for.

I'd like to see the Spurs win, but I don't really care as Im not a "fan" of either franchise. However, I enjoy watching both of these teams play and as a basketball fan...we got a game 7 and I'm looking forward to it! Hope it's as good as game 6 was.

the bulls were never facing elimination in any of those situations. if paxson missed that shot against the suns, theres a game 7. if charles smith dunks that ball, theres a game 6 (actually jordan probably hit the game winner anyway). if allen misses that shot tonite season over. lebron was bad for 3 qtrs, took over in the 4th to give them the heat, then had 2 awful turnovers that would have blown the game/season if the spurs hit 2 fts or allen misses that 3.

The whole last 5 minutes of regulation and Overtime I kept saying-Why is Ginobilli in the game? he has been terrible in every game but game 5. If the Heat win, he deserves the MVP.

I'd like to see the Spurs win, but I don't really care as Im not a "fan" of either franchise. However, I enjoy watching both of these teams play and as a basketball fan...we got a game 7 and I'm looking forward to it! Hope it's as good as game 6 was.

Sure. Throw that in our faces. :D

What the F does that have to do with whether Ray Allen committed an obvious foul or not?

Manu played like crap--no argument there. But he drove to the basket and got hacked, and that call would have impacted the outcome of the game. It isn't a matter of if he got fouled--he clearly did.

Shame that an incredible game--an EPIC finals game--got marred by a blatant missed call. Regardless of which team you are rooting for.

I hate the Heat. HATE them. I'm rooting like crazy for the Spurs to win.

BUT.

Manu traveled his balls off and that wasn't called. Plus, if Kawhi Leonard had made both of his free throws at the end of the fourth, it's all irrelevant anyway. The Spurs had their chances and blew the game. Simple as that. Yes, the refs missed some calls in OT but the Spurs still had plenty of chances.

The NBA is fixed which is why it is the most unwatchable sport on TV. The WWF has nothing on the NBA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Manu played like crap--no argument there. But he drove to the basket and got hacked, and that call would have impacted the outcome of the game. It isn't a matter of if he got fouled--he clearly did.

Because in fast motion, it's not nearly as blatant as on replay 4 different times. I thought they let them play a fairly physical game the whole way, which I had no problem with.

I didnt see any tears shed for Lebron and Wade when they may have gotten hacked and were on the ground whining over the no calls.(my least favorite trait of both of them)

The NBA is fixed which is why it is the most unwatchable sport on TV. The WWF has nothing on the NBA.

Right, they fixed it so Ray Allen would drill that 3.

got no problem with the non call on manu, he took 30 steps and is driving like a running back into 3 guys out of control just looking for a call.

Because in fast motion, it's not nearly as blatant as on replay 4 different times. I thought they let them play a fairly physical game the whole way, which I had no problem with.

I didnt see any tears shed for Lebron and Wade when they may have gotten hacked and were on the ground whining over the no calls.(my least favorite trait of both of them)
It was pretty blatant.

And it was a game changer.

I've said it before: people would be up in arms if other sports had the blatant home court preferential officiating that is commonplace in the NBA playoffs.

Imagine if baseball umps called things differently for the home team.

It is unfathomable to envision NFL refs calling things in favor of the home team. If that happened, there would be riots. Hell, a few years ago when Ed Hoculi's crew got a few calls wrong at the end of games, they got suspended.

I hate the Heat. HATE them. I'm rooting like crazy for the Spurs to win.

BUT.

Manu traveled his balls off and that wasn't called. Plus, if Kawhi Leonard had made both of his free throws at the end of the fourth, it's all irrelevant anyway. The Spurs had their chances and blew the game. Simple as that. Yes, the refs missed some calls in OT but the Spurs still had plenty of chances.

That's pretty much my take as well.

1. The foul was pretty obvious in real time.

2. King and Wade shed enough tears for all of us tonight

Because in fast motion, it's not nearly as blatant as on replay 4 different times.

These refs aren't rookies, and besides, a friend I ref with went to an NBA identification camp. They're told very clearly what they can call and what they can't.

It was pretty blatant.

And it was a game changer.

So were Manu's 7 other turnovers, or whatever.

Popovich is great, but I don't know how you don't call a timeout there...Manu, a wild player playing a horrible game, is running down the court wildly into 4 Heat players...it had disaster written all over it the whole way.

Poor basketball play.

I've said it before: people would be up in arms if other sports had the blatant home court preferential officiating that is commonplace in the NBA playoffs.

Imagine if baseball umps called things differently for the home team.

It is unfathomable to envision NFL refs calling things in favor of the home team. If that happened, there would be riots. Hell, a few years ago when Ed Hoculi's crew got a few calls wrong at the end of games, they got suspended.

good point. basketball is the only sport you see such blatant home cooking. maybe its cause the crowd is so close to the action and they affect the refs.

So were Manu's 7 other turnovers, or whatever.

Popovich is great, but I don't know how you don't call a timeout there...Manu, a wild player playing a horrible game, is running down the court wildly into 4 Heat players...it had disaster written all over it the whole way.

Poor basketball play.

And yet, still a blatant foul.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom