This is a great finals... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

This is a great finals...

I hate the Heat. HATE them. I'm rooting like crazy for the Spurs to win.

BUT.

Manu traveled his balls off and that wasn't called. Plus, if Kawhi Leonard had made both of his free throws at the end of the fourth, it's all irrelevant anyway. The Spurs had their chances and blew the game. Simple as that. Yes, the refs missed some calls in OT but the Spurs still had plenty of chances.

The Spurs missed not one but TWO free throws down the stretch--the one by Leonard, and one by Ginoboli. I agree--make one of those and the game is over in regulation.

None of which alters the fact that there was a bad non-call at the end of overtime that impacted the outcome of the game. Those two things are mutually exclusive.

Pop is a great coach but he deserves serious criticism for not having Duncan in to grab a rebound when Bosh passed to Allen for the 3 to tie. And then not calling a TO with your best player on the bench at the end and letting the turnover machine handle the ball. No way in the world would they call a foul there and when I slowed it down, it appeared Allen had his hand on the ball and perhaps it wasn't a foul. Regardless, 2 terrible decisions by Pop IMHO.

So were Manu's 7 other turnovers, or whatever.

Popovich is great, but I don't know how you don't call a timeout there...Manu, a wild player playing a horrible game, is running down the court wildly into 4 Heat players...it had disaster written all over it the whole way.

Poor basketball play.

Again, none of which has any bearing on the obvious foul that the refs didn't call.

I'm not disputing that Manu played a poor game--he did. But what does that have to do with a player getting hammered and not drawing a call? If you chalk that up to he didn't "deserve" a call, sorry--I disagree.

I hate the Heat. HATE them. I'm rooting like crazy for the Spurs to win.

BUT.

Manu traveled his balls off and that wasn't called. Plus, if Kawhi Leonard had made both of his free throws at the end of the fourth, it's all irrelevant anyway. The Spurs had their chances and blew the game. Simple as that. Yes, the refs missed some calls in OT but the Spurs still had plenty of chances.

Not to mention the two offensive rebounds they gave up..it was 94-89 and Lebron badly missed a 3, but the Heat got the rebound and Lebron made the next one to cut it to 94-92. Then it was 95-92, and again they got an offensive rebound for Allen's 3. Get a rebound, and game over. Just one. Make another FT, and game over.

Again, none of which has any bearing on the obvious foul that the refs didn't call.

I'm not disputing that Manu played a poor game--he did. But what does that have to do with a player getting hammered and not drawing a call? If you chalk that up to he didn't "deserve" a call, sorry--I disagree.

Not that it really works this way, but if you travel to get yourself in to position to get fouled, and they don't call the travel, I'm not too upset if they don't call the foul either.

Not to mention the two offensive rebounds they gave up..it was 94-89 and Lebron badly missed a 3, but the Heat got the rebound and Lebron made the next one to cut it to 94-92. Then it was 95-92, and again they got an offensive rebound for Allen's 3. Get a rebound, and game over. Just one. Make another FT, and game over.

You're right--they gave the game away.

But ask yourself this: if Wade or Lebron makes that same play on the other end, do they draw the call? Because if your answer is the same as mine, then the matter is settled.

Because he made a poor decision and put himself in a poor position, hoping to be bailed out with a foul call. Someone got a ton of ball there too, though there was contact as well.

I guess, as a fan...if he makes a great move and is about to score but gets hammered with no call, I'd be upset. But since he drove wildly into a pack and had little chance of doing anything positive, I don't really care. If it was an obvious hammer, that's different...I didnt see it as that obvious.

Because he made a poor decision and put himself in a poor position, hoping to be bailed out with a foul call. Someone got a ton of ball there too, though there was contact as well.

I guess, as a fan...if he makes a great move and is about to score but gets hammered with no call, I'd be upset. But since he drove wildly into a pack and had little chance of doing anything positive, I don't really care. If it was an obvious hammer, that's different...I didnt see it as that obvious.

Yeah, I saw a player out of control lose the ball... because they weren't in control.

You're right--they gave the game away.

But ask yourself this: if Wade or Lebron makes that same play on the other end, do they draw the call? Because if your answer is the same as mine, then the matter is settled.

Who really knows? We've seen them crying about not getting calls way too many times...so they obviously don't get all the calls.

And also I've seen Manu get beneficial whistles enough times in his career, to where I really don't think refs are favoring Lebron over Manu.

What? "Put himself in a poor position, hoping to be bailed out with a foul call?" Really? He drove into the lane and got hammered. This wasn't a situation where the player drove in and flung it up, or tried to jump into a player to draw a call, or flopped hoping to earn a desperation call. He drove into the lane and got raped.

I just can't believe that you didn't think there was a foul. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise--probably best to agree to disagree on this.

Onto game 7.

Yeah, I saw a player out of control lose the ball... because they weren't in control.

Nothing to do with the arm rakes/grabs?

Pretty sure that some NFL RBs would've coughed up the ball in that situation.

And also I've seen Manu get beneficial whistles enough times in his career, to where I really don't think refs are favoring Lebron over Manu.

You don't really believe that last statement, do you?

What? "Put himself in a poor position, hoping to be bailed out with a foul call?" Really? He drove into the lane and got hammered. This wasn't a situation where the player drove in and flung it up, or tried to jump into a player to draw a call, or flopped hoping to earn a desperation call. He drove into the lane and got raped.

I just can't believe that you didn't think there was a foul. I'm not going to try to convince you otherwise--probably best to agree to disagree on this.

but he traveled before he got fouled.

It was a foul on Manu but he also traveled so I consider it a push. The foul not being called on Bosh on the final play was beyond ridiculous. If that was Wade or Lebron shooting it gets called 100% of the time in that situation.

And despite the controversy, and regardless of the outcome, this beer I'm working on right now is still going down awfully good :)

Nothing to do with the arm rakes/grabs?

Pretty sure that some NFL RBs would've coughed up the ball in that situation.

Well, in the NFL you're also not required to bounce the pigskin on the ground while you're running so there is that. His travel happened before the contact that could have been whistled foul.
Oh Lord

Don't you sass me, RF!;)

It was a foul on Manu but he also traveled so I consider it a push. The foul not being called on Bosh on the final play was beyond ridiculous.

Yeah, I'm thinking along the same lines. You can make the case the whistling not blowing on Bosh was the worse noncall.

You don't really believe that last statement, do you?

Yes, I do. Manu is a well known flopper and is very "good" at it. He's gotten plenty of foul calls he shouldn't have, not because anyone is favoring him but because of how he often makes it look. Manu is hardly an example of a guy who "doesn't get calls".

Allen wasn't the only guy who got a piece of him, either. It's like they almost knew they could hammer him and there would be no call.

What a great fou I mean block by Bosh at the end. Are you seriously allowed to body check someone out of bounds now at the end of games. I wonder if Parker did that to Allen at the end of regulation what the call would have been. Check that I know what the call would have been. And though the Spurs did blow the game it doesn't change the fact that they were robbed at the end by 2 no calls.

Yes, I do. Manu is a well known flopper and is very "good" at it. He's gotten plenty of foul calls he shouldn't have, not because anyone is favoring him but because of how he often makes it look. Manu is hardly an example of a guy who "doesn't get calls".

Who gets more calls - James or Ginobili?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom