This is as bad as anything I’ve seen in awhile | Syracusefan.com

This is as bad as anything I’ve seen in awhile

Is Wayne Morgan on one big road trip or is he serving as an advisor or something?

Was really looking forward to seeing them at Ohio State.

Now? Not so much

This is not a TEAM right now. It’s a collection of good individual talent, but they don’t look like a team in any way, shape or form. Oshae didn’t show up at all. Just chucking ridiculous shots from the outside and not playing in the paint at all. Tyus barely showed up and looks like he has little fire in him, complaining to the refs about calls constantly. There’s no offensive flow, no spacing, no ball movement. And even the defense was bad. Frank’s return will help but this team has a lot of work to do.

Tyus has to take the team back over offensively
Oshae stop shooting from 3. Driving mostly
Jalen isolates and drives basket and green light to shoot
Marek plays the 5
Tyus plays point for now
Press more
Reduce long passes

Marek, paschal and oshae are really struggling without an experienced pg.

I’ve seen more atrocious possessions than should ever be accepted by a team with these returning players, these ranked players, and this head coach.

Frank’s loss is big. It isn’t the sole reason though.

Brutal.
no practice time with real point guards; freshman thrown onto the court with no october prep

i'll reserve judgement until i see how they play in december

that being said: what i saw on the court today was terrible.

Last edited:
no practice time with real point guards; freshman thrown onto the court with no october prep

i'll reserve judgement until i see how they play in december

that being said: what i saw on the court today was terrible.
Agreed on all accounts

As Seth Greenberg alluded to in the ESPN studio after the game. "The Syracuse offense has no flow, no purpose, bad spacing and bad shot selection." Now, that is 100% on the coaching.

According to JB we got good shots we just didn’t make them.

It was great seeing an actual center today. It's too bad ours run like newborn baby giraffes and have no sense of how to handle a basketball when given the opportunity. Our guys don't pass it down low not because they can't, but because nothing remotely good ever comes of it. Neither Chukwu or Sidibe have any idea of how to trap a player with their body and their arms, and how not to fall for every single shot fake. Love em both, but good god.

Sit Battle more, play Hughes at the 2, and give Washington run because he's not auditioning and actually looks to create with timely, quick passes. OB needs to drive and go up vertically instead of to the side and losing balance. And lastly, quit playing like you're scared of JB sitting you. Just play good old-fashioned basketball like you all know how to do. I like getting the ego busted early so the team can learn to play as a team, just didn't want it to happen like this. We'll bounce back but my weekend has been slightly ruined for sure.

Just awful and I don't think Oregon was on tonight if the Ducks brought their A game they win by 40. The offensive sets were pathetic. You knew every three we jacked up had no chance of going in. I am OK with losing to Oregon but getting taken apart by a trash uconn team is depressing.

Football weekend though...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom