This is crazy talk | Syracusefan.com

This is crazy talk

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
But Im going there. There's alot of talk on here about how much better we would be with Tyler still on this team.

Consider this:

How many fewer touches would Rak get if Tyler were still here? As bad as PG play has been, this is the best I can remember at feeding the post as we have been in years. How much of this is simply due to emphasis vs ability is unclear, but what was clear to me was that our guards have not been adept or creative in getting the ball into the post for quite a few years up to now.

I do agree that overall we would be a better team with him, however I think that there is a bit of give and take there that people are not taking into account.

STEVEHOLT said:
But Im going there. There's alot of talk on here about how much better we would be with Tyler still on this team. Consider this: How many fewer touches would Rak get if Tyler were still here? As bad as PG play has been, this is the best I can remember at feeding the post as we have been in years. How much of this is simply due to emphasis vs ability is unclear, but what was clear to me was that our guards have not been adept or creative in getting the ball into the post for quite a few years up to now. I do agree that overall we would be a better team with him, however I think that there is a bit of give and take there that people are not taking into account.
Tyler wouldnt take touches away from Rak at all , if anything he would put Rak in better position to score. he would take the ball out of the hands of people that shouldnt be shooting it at all like Patterson. And Roberson wouldnt take as many shots either.

Tyler wouldnt take touches away from Rak at all , if anything he would put Rak in better position to score. he would take the ball out of the hands of people that shouldnt be shooting it at all like Patterson. And Roberson wouldnt take as many shots either.
Eh

STEVEHOLT said:
But Im going there. There's alot of talk on here about how much better we would be with Tyler still on this team. Consider this: How many fewer touches would Rak get if Tyler were still here? As bad as PG play has been, this is the best I can remember at feeding the post as we have been in years. How much of this is simply due to emphasis vs ability is unclear, but what was clear to me was that our guards have not been adept or creative in getting the ball into the post for quite a few years up to now. I do agree that overall we would be a better team with him, however I think that there is a bit of give and take there that people are not taking into account.

We'd be a top 10 team with Ennis.

Figure he'd average about 14 points and 6 assists (with few turnovers and greet decision making) versus what we're getting out of the point guard spot now.

Night and day.

He'd make everybody better.

We'd probably be about 18-3 right now.

I think we would be better with Ennis and I was never a huge Ennis guy. He can score and see the floor. Wants the ball in his hands. Kaleb doesn't do any of those things. With Rak's transformation and dominance Boeheim would make sure Ennis would get Rak the ball.

We'd be a top 10 team with Ennis.

Figure he'd average about 14 points and 6 assists (with few turnovers and greet decision making) versus what we're getting out of the point guard spot now.

Night and day.

He'd make everybody better.

We'd probably be about 18-3 right now.

We would still have major depth issues. Unless we also had Chris Mac, but then you wouldn't have seen the progression from Roberson we have all been witness to. I think we are better with Ennis, but I'm not sure how much better.

But Im going there. There's alot of talk on here about how much better we would be with Tyler still on this team.

Consider this:

How many fewer touches would Rak get if Tyler were still here? As bad as PG play has been, this is the best I can remember at feeding the post as we have been in years. How much of this is simply due to emphasis vs ability is unclear, but what was clear to me was that our guards have not been adept or creative in getting the ball into the post for quite a few years up to now.

I do agree that overall we would be a better team with him, however I think that there is a bit of give and take there that people are not taking into account.
if you can't see why this team would be better with ennis on it I'm not sure why you are posting anything, ever.

CuseFaninVT said:
We would still have major depth issues. Unless we also had Chris Mac, but then you wouldn't have seen the progression from Roberson we have all been witness to. I think we are better with Ennis, but I'm not sure how much better.

A first round draft pick versus a point guard who scored 2 points tonight and was yanked 2 minutes into the game for a player who can't throw the ball in the ocean.

We'd be vastly better.

A first round draft pick versus a point guard who scored 2 points tonight and was yanked 2 minutes into the game for a player who can't throw the ball in the ocean.

We'd be vastly better.

We didn't lose because of guard play tonight.

Tyler was very conservative with entry passes. Might have been different this year but there's nothing that says it would be.
Gameplan? Last year getting the ball in the post wasn't a focal point with CJ fair being a go to player. This year I beleive RAK as a senior was going to see the ball a lot more regardless of who the pg was.

CuseFaninVT said:
We didn't lose because of guard play tonight.

We lost because we gave up 93 points.

But it might have been closer if our two point guards scored more than 5 points combined.

We lost because we gave up 93 points.

But it might have been closer if our two point guards scored more than 5 points combined.

getting caught up in who scored and not how much we scored. its much more complex than that

if you can't see why this team would be better with ennis on it I'm not sure why you are posting anything, ever.

perhaps a little reading comp is in order. read the last sentence of my post. i agreed they would be better, just that him being back would detract from Rak's success in my opinion. Perhaps you are correct though and I am truly stupid. I somewhat doubt that.

perhaps a little reading comp is in order. read the last sentence of my post. i agreed they would be better, just that him being back would detract from Rak's success in my opinion. Perhaps you are correct though and I am truly stupid. I somewhat doubt that.

TEPhD would make Rak better

TEPhD would make Rak better
why? he doesnt prevent the opposition from sagging because he cant shoot from deep

he was not very good at entry passes.

just not buying he makes rak better specifically

why? he doesnt prevent the opposition from sagging because he cant shoot from deep

he was not very good at entry passes.

just not buying he makes rak better specifically

TE is and would be a better shooter and outside threat than KJ so better theoretical spacing

TE was a very good passer. he did not throw many entry passes last year because the O flowed from the outside. If the game had to go through the post, he would pass it there and would also be a better theoretical post passer than the BJ/RP combo.

lastly, and most debatable, TE would have the team playing at a slower pace so even though the bench would still be short and the kids would still be gassed, they would be a little bit less so

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom