This Is My Favorite SU Team Since | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This Is My Favorite SU Team Since

oops, you must've thought you were still in the "hot take" thread

LOL. I hope this ends up being a hot take that can be mocked in a few months.

But man, this league is brutal and our margin for error is just so thin. If we make the dance, Boeheim deserves coach of the year consideration. He won’t get it because his mastery at pulling out W’s is taken for granted, but he’ll deserve it.

LOL. I hope this ends up being a hot take that can be mocked in a few months.

But man, this league is brutal and our margin for error is just so thin. If we make the dance, Boeheim deserves coach of the year consideration. He won’t get it because his mastery at pulling out W’s is taken for granted, but he’ll deserve it.
I hear ya, but I actually think it might less brutal this year than previously - Duke obv is Duke and NC looks like they could be nearly as good as last year - but after that a handful of really good teams and also a group of not-so-good teams, 3 of whom we get to play twice - but yeah, big group in the middle, including us, that are all tourney-worthy

Footnote -- there is a sugar high about this team based on the final 10 minutes of regulation, and OT, vs G-Town. There was some luck (and JB coaching) that turned it our way. Wasn't liking much about the first 30 minutes.
Just the bipolar nature of the fan base. All you have to do is look at the game thread.

This group is really likable. Too bad Geno left but the rest of the guys seem to enjoy playing together. I'm really impressed with Moyer...seems like a great glue guy. Marek...I hope you decide that spending 3-4 years here is better than trying to stick with a lower level Euro league. Mature and have fun here playing in front in 15-33k fans. Howard is up and down...but he has stuck it out when others would've left.

Probably my favorite team since 2002-03 or 1974-75...not the best but a fun group to watch.

I enjoyed the 15-16 team. I like Final 4s.

09-10 was a beautiful thing. Shut It Down.

The "Shut It Down" year was good. I loved the emphasis on defense those few years. I've been longing to return to an elite defense. One of the reasons why I like this year's team so much is I feel like they can rise to be an elite defensive core where all 5 players move in unison without thinking.

I really like the 94-95 team. That was such a fun team to watch. My family didn't have cable but my neighbor did and he would record the games for me on VHS and I would watch them over and over again. There was like one kid as school that like St. Johns and then me liking Syracuse. So we would talk all the time about it only agreeing on the fact we both hated Georgetown.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom