This is not the best performance from Jay Bilas. | Syracusefan.com

This is not the best performance from Jay Bilas.

Never really thought of him as a duke homer. But after this season, he has taken over for Dickie V as the #1 duke mouth breather on ESPN.

Bilas is Bilas, and that's fine with me. I like him. He was objective tonight, like he always is. The problem is we were on the losing end of a game with Duke so we're lashing out. Don't let your Duke hate get in the way. Those two dorks last night (Pitt game) were insufferable.

Frankly, I don't dislike Duke so much as I am just sick and tired of ESPN slobbering all over them, basically doing their recruiting for them.

Last edited:
Bilas is Bilas, and that's fine with me. I like him. He was objective tonight, like he always is. The problem is were were on the losing end of a game with Duke and we're lashing out. Don't let your Duke hate get in the way. Those two dorks last night were insufferable.

Frankly, I don't dislike Duke so much as I am just sick and tired of ESPN slobbering all over them, basically doing their recruiting for them.

bilas is part of the hype machine. so what you claim to dislike about duke, he is a part of. kind of odd response.

bilas is part of the hype machine. so what you claim to dislike about duke, he is a part of. kind of odd response.

We disagree.
noidea.gif

ESPN:

Duke
Lebron
Tom Brady
Dallas Cowboys

That’s all I got.
You think espn has been good to Tom brady? They left a incorrect article on inflated footballs up for almost a year. This is after they knew it was incorrect.

Bilas is Bilas, and that's fine with me. I like him. He was objective tonight, like he always is. The problem is were were on the losing end of a game with Duke and we're lashing out. Don't let your Duke hate get in the way. Those two dorks last night were insufferable.

You might be a closet Duke lover if you think he was objective.

The overall review on Bilas last night amazes me... why was he so one sided? Because he had a man crush on Zion?

Well, tbh, it was pretty hard not to. He was that much better than anyone on the court.

Outside of that, he spoke highly of multiple Syracuse players and made repeated mention of Battle being down.

And, it’s his alma mater. It doesn’t surprise me that he gets excited when they do something cool on the court, like dunk on our faces from all spots in around the world.

Sounds like a lot of crying about nothing to me.

He was a total homer. His on air "conviction" of Frank was out of bounds. I actually like his announcing and take on college bball but last night i thought he was very unfair and biased.

The overall review on Bilas last night amazes me... why was he so one sided? Because he had a man crush on Zion?

Well, tbh, it was pretty hard not to. He was that much better than anyone on the court.

Outside of that, he spoke highly of multiple Syracuse players and made repeated mention of Battle being down.

And, it’s his alma mater. It doesn’t surprise me that he gets excited when they do something cool on the court, like dunk on our faces from all spots in around the world.

Sounds like a lot of crying about nothing to me.
Agree with your summary.

Usually he is fairly neutral regarding Duke but tonight he is so one sided. Reel it in Jay. Duke is not playing good team basketball.
Glad someone else felt that. I too usually like Jay Bilas ok, but something was different. As it was w the other dook Jay guy..what is it? Is it that Cuse is a threat to dook? Did it get real? Kinda seeing for myself why so many hate that team. Count me in with the haters.

The worst part of the broadcast to me was not so much Bilas' comments but the first 10 minutes. It was more like Zion against the world than Syracuse vs Duke.
Zion is a great player but I don't need to be told and shown that until I'm ready to vomit. He may as well have ESPN tattood on his forehead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom