This is serious.. so pay attention.... | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

This is serious.. so pay attention....

Status
Not open for further replies.
CuseTroop said:
well... I thought we kind of hit it off at the BC game.. Thought we had something there... You just got yourself taken off the christmas card list, bees. :(

Lol. We're good man. Couldn't list everyone I've met once or twice.

Good lord people.

If anyone should be taking CTO's post personal, it should be me. I am a source of nothing more than dumb pictures. Tomfoolery is the only thing I bring to this board. Let's recap my latest posts:

-Rak riding a T-rex
-Jerami Grant parachuting onto the court
-Cooney catching a ballerina
-Coach Boeheim screaming at an infant

And yet I am not crying over here. Cause I try to use some common sense.

I know not to insert dumb pictures into every thread I read. It was nice of the mods to tack a thread dedicated to my shenanigans where I can post all the nonsense I like. That way I don't have to ruin any real discussion while those who prefer the more serious discussions can simply ignore my picture thread.

tl/dr: It's a simple request from CTO. If you want to post something dumb, don't put it in a serious discussion thread. If you want to make a comment that only 1 other poster will understand, send 'em a PM.

JarHeadJim said:
Lets face it 95% of this is my fault. I appolgies to anyone I have offended. I have an off sense of hurmor and always have. The mods have lets me get away with way more then anyone on this board. Yes I am Friends with most of them and that is proubaly the only reason I have not been suspended. I will clean up my act, with only occasonally being a smart ass and posting pictures that are mostly OK.
Love the "mostly ok" part. Love me some jarhead

It's been asked why people feel the need to respond over and over to this thread and debate this issue, despite that by its very definition, a forum is a place to exchange ideas and discuss things. So what's the point of having a forum if we aren't going to use it for its defined purpose?

Is this a trick question?

Good lord people.

If anyone should be taking CTO's post personal, it should be me. I am a source of nothing more than dumb pictures. Tomfoolery is the only thing I bring to this board. Let's recap my latest posts:

-Rak riding a T-rex
-Jerami Grant parachuting onto the court
-Cooney catching a ballerina
-Coach Boeheim screaming at an infant

And yet I am not crying over here. Cause I try to use some common sense.

I know not to insert dumb pictures into every thread I read. It was nice of the mods to tack a thread dedicated to my shenanigans where I can post all the nonsense I like. That way I don't have to ruin any real discussion while those who prefer the more serious discussions can simply ignore my picture thread.

tl/dr: It's a simple request from CTO. If you want to post something dumb, don't put it in a serious discussion thread. If you want to make a comment that only 1 other poster will understand, send 'em a PM.

Seriously Lawrinson you absolutly nailed it with this post. Your last paragraph is exactly the point the mods are trying to make.

jekelish said:
We are mostly adults here, aside from Jim. Let's not pretend it's some big mystery who the board bully is. I have never personally had any issues with that individual, either, but the condescension and outright disdain gets to be a bit much, shtick or no schtick. That stuff bothers me a hell of a lot more than someone posting a comment about BMK having a potato leg, which is apparently cause for deletion. Just throwing that out there.
i nearly spit my drink out at potato leg...all I said was that it was my expert medical opinion...

We are mostly adults here, aside from Jim. Let's not pretend it's some big mystery who the board bully is.

I have never personally had any issues with that individual, either, but the condescension and outright disdain gets to be a bit much, shtick or no schtick. That stuff bothers me a hell of a lot more than someone posting a comment about BMK having a potato leg, which is apparently cause for deletion.

For the record I am in no way shape or fourm Offended by this!

For the record I am in no way shape or fourm Offended by this!

Does anyone see the irony of this thread.
After 5 pages of comments running the gamut from silly, combative, intelligent, funny, reflective, perceptive, thoughtful, angry, disrespectful, and stupid I'm sure all of us wish a few weren't typed. Welcome to public fan forums.

A possible simple solution to clean up the board at least temporarily -- encourage everyone to make 2 posts a day (obviously on topic and not about something weird or crazy). If everyone contributes 2 well thought out posts, I'm guessing the overall make up of the board will rise accordingly.

Might get slammed for this, but I think one of the main reasons why so man topics this year are going off topic because normally around this time we are losing a few games and may be experiencing a mid season slump, but were 23-0 and number 1 in the country and it's kind of hard to find stuff to post about some time. Little Silver Lining there.

Might get slammed for this, but I think one of the main reasons why so man topics this year are going off topic because normally around this time we are losing a few games and may be experiencing a mid season slump, but were 23-0 and number 1 in the country and it's kind of hard to find stuff to post about some time. Little Silver Lining there.
Plus people think the team is "boring". No fast breaks. We play so "slow". I agree with you 100%.

I remember responding to a similar post like this a few years ago. I thought a simple solution to keep the posts from going way off topic or getting out of hand was to lock it after a set number of responses. I recommended once someones post received 44 responses then it should be locked. Usually the original thought was derailed by that point anyways.

Matt, you got it.
The only thing I fail to understand is that no one is forced to read any threads, therefore why are they upset about something, if a thread goes off track and you do not like or are not interested just quit reading it.
I find it interesting that some people might find their words so on point, but show no tolerance for what someone else might have to say.
Obviously personal attacks or gross posts should be deleted, but not sure how other censorship does not become oppressive.

OrangeZoo... I appreciate your opinion and I am not picking any one poster out on this board. I have an opinion also. Our opinions can differ and I know that is life. I just think we are the number one team in the country and should let that silly stuff go with Uconn and Rutgers. We should focus on positive things and there is a lot of positive with the Syracuse Orange. As far as me not being able to agree with something another person posted, that isn't going to happen.

Go Cuse!

Totally blown away that so many people don't know the difference between having a little "fun" and derailing a serious thread and discussion with childish drivel or semi naked women or a F xxxx.
What is your problem with semi naked women? I have no problem with the occasional display of a good looking woman! It livens up what is sometimes a very uninteresting place as it livens up an otherwise sometimes depressing world.

The only thing I fail to understand is that no one is forced to read any threads, therefore why are they upset about something, if a thread goes off track and you do not like or are not interested just quit reading it.
I find it interesting that some people might find their words so on point, but show no tolerance for what someone else might have to say.
Obviously personal attacks or gross posts should be deleted, but not sure how other censorship does not become oppressive.
This issue is... Suppose someone is trying to read an insightful thread about our next opponent, but all of a sudden two folks start debating brands of beer within the thread. The reader, then has to wade through lots of posts about beer ... which may at some point include some longings for some pin-up girl... looking for more information about our next opponent. Said information may or may not appear at the end of the beer posts... because posters with the information may have already given up on the thread. But you have to read through it all anyway... just in case. Scenarios like this have been occurring way too often.

In other words, if you want to post about beer (or whatever)... start a thread about beer. Don't drown other threads in the suds.

Last edited:
OrangeZoo... I appreciate your opinion and I am not picking any one poster out on this board. I have an opinion also. Our opinions can differ and I know that is life. I just think we are the number one team in the country and should let that silly stuff go with Uconn and Rutgers. We should focus on positive things and there is a lot of positive with the Syracuse Orange. As far as me not being able to agree with something another person posted, that isn't going to happen.

Go Cuse!
I don't think positive versus negative has anything to do with it. This is all about "juvenile" stuff, not the level of positivity or negativity. The posters being singled out aren't typically being negative, they are just being goofy and, in some cases, immature.

That said, I agree, the crap should fall to UConn and Rutgers since they do laps in the toilet bowl anyway.

How quickly should I give up?

What is your problem with semi naked women? I have no problem with the occasional display of a good looking woman! It livens up what is sometimes a very uninteresting place as it livens up an otherwise sometimes depressing world.
I am told there are thousands of sites devoted to pictures of half-naked, and fully-naked, women. If that's what someone wants to view on the internet, you have much better options than this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.