This is serious.. so pay attention.... | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

This is serious.. so pay attention....

Status
Not open for further replies.
jekelish said:
I don't think positive versus negative has anything to do with it. This is all about "juvenile" stuff, not the level of positivity or negativity. The posters being singled out aren't typically being negative, they are just being goofy and, in some cases, immature. That said, I agree, the crap should fall to UConn and Rutgers since they do laps in the toilet bowl anyway.

You keep saying posters being singled out. I don't think one poster has been mentioned and I know in our discussions amongst admins and mods, we haven't discussed individual posters like we have some list available to keep an eye on.

Last edited:
You keep saying posters bring singled out. I don't think one poster has been mentioned and I know in out discussions amongst admins and kids, we haven't discussed individual posters like we have some list available to keep an eye on.
I'm saying I know for a fact there are posters who feel like they are being targeted. A couple of them have already posted in this thread.

Oh and also, you said yourself that posters randomly saying "F xxxx" is a detriment. How is that not singling out Marsh, again?

jekelish said:
I'm saying I know for a fact there are posters who feel like they are being targeted. A couple of them have already posted in this thread. Oh and also, you said yourself that posters randomly saying "F xxxx" is a detriment. How is that not singling out Marsh, again?

It's not singling Marsh out because while he started it, and it was funny at first, about 99 different people use it now and not just for UConn. It's gone overboard just like the pics of semi naked women that CTO has mentioned a couple times. We'll have some good thread, somebody posts a pic, then everyone starts trying to out do each other. And it's not always Jim.

The only thing I fail to understand is that no one is forced to read any threads, therefore why are they upset about something, if a thread goes off track and you do not like or are not interested just quit reading it.

maybe because they were interested in the original track, and don't want to skim through a dozen off topic responses to find the next on topic one? Again, an issue easily solved by thread view.

This issue is... Suppose someone is trying to read an insightful thread about our next opponent, but all of a sudden two folks start debating brands of beer within the thread. The reader, then has to wade through lots of posts about beer ... which may at some point include some longings for some pin-up girl... looking for more information about our next opponent. Said information may or may not appear at the end of the beer posts... because posters with the information may have already given up on the thread. But you have to read through the all anyway... just in case. Scenarios like this have been occurring way too often.

Okay I understand this happens, but I have seldom had a conversation in person with a group of people where this did not occur also. Human nature in any group discussion.
I just feel you will find it very difficult to change, and censorship is not a path I personally would endorse, but applaud your effort to try and keep threads on topic.

It's not singling Marsh out because while he started it, and it was funny at first, about 99 different people use it now and not just for UConn. It's gone overboard just like the pics of semi naked women that CTO has mentioned a couple times. We'll have some good thread, somebody posts a pic, then everyone starts trying to out do each other. And it's not always Jim.

In fairness I think a lot of these things have calmed down significantly. There was a rash of posts out there for a bit that were deleted etc but recently I haven't seen much that is out of bounds. That said I don't spend any great deal of time on the football board until after hoops season is over and just the past couple weeks because of signing day but unless the complaints are more pointed towards several weeks ago etc I don't see it happening often. I see the response and post deletions but not the volume of off the runway stuff being referenced. Not saying it was never there by any means but it seems to have cleared itself up via moderation and posters straying from such behavior.

I am told there are thousands of sites devoted to pictures of half-naked, and fully-naked, women. If that's what someone wants to view on the internet, you have much better options than this site.
It was intended as humor,but apparently you did not get that, and if your aim is to make this forum a hung up strait laced place I get that, but can not agree it would be a good thing

maybe because they were interested in the original track, and don't want to skim through a dozen off topic responses to find the next on topic one? Again, an issue easily solved by thread view.
Here's my thing - is it ideal to have to read that stuff? Of course not, if you would rather ignore it. But honestly, how long does it take to figure out a post isn't on topic? 0.3 seconds? It's not a big chunk of time to scroll past off topic posts, I guess is my issue.

I can go read the board right now and find off topic threads that are those going in strange directions from where they started. Mods are even involved. No one is complaining because its no big deal. I think the real issue is these PM complainers perhaps we should figure out a way to fix them instead.

BTW rrlbees maybe friends is the wrong term. What I was trying to point out is that certain long time members have an attacking style of posting that nothing seems to be done about and I feel its much worse than hijacking threads or goofing off. I am a live and let live type and don't have a real issue with it other than why worry about certain things and not others it just seems very uneven and fueled by complaining posters by CTO's OP. If I really had issue with someone I'd simply post it no big deal.

I find it hard to swallow the statement that this thread is not directed at a certain group of posters.

Again I may be wrong, hope I am and this is just the way I see it.

I feel like people are just looking for something to complain about because we're 23-0. Just enjoy this season and the team discussion on this site, and the occasional one-liners here and there. I think as long as nobody is being threatened, abused, or cyber-bullied, people should lighten up around here. So Jekelish and I jokingly go back and forth calling each other dumb, does this offend you?

SUbear said:
Okay I understand this happens, but I have seldom had a conversation in person with a group of people where this did not occur also. Human nature in any group discussion. I just feel you will find it very difficult to change, and censorship is not a path I personally would endorse, but applaud your effort to try and keep threads on topic.

I don't agree with the word censorship. There isn't a day that goes by that a mod isn't deleting a post or a complete thread. It's deciding what is appropriate. It's not a free for all as some would want it.

Reactions: cto
I feel like people are just looking for something to complain about because we're 23-0. Just enjoy this season and the team discussion on this site, and the occasional one-liners here and there. I think as long as nobody is being threatened, abused, or cyber-bullied, people should lighten up around here. So Jekelish and I jokingly go back and forth calling each other dumb, does this offend you?
That's a poor example, everyone would agree you are pretty dumb.

I don't agree with the word censorship. There isn't a day that goes by that a mod isn't deleting a post or a complete thread. It's deciding what is appropriate. It's not a free for all as some would want it.
Just because you do not agree with that word does not mean it is not, but you are running this site so it is what it is. No problem for me just an academic issue. Have a good day.

Here's my thing - is it ideal to have to read that stuff? Of course not, if you would rather ignore it. But honestly, how long does it take to figure out a post isn't on topic? 0.3 seconds? It's not a big chunk of time to scroll past off topic posts, I guess is my issue.

It seems pretty simple. Do not hijack threads. If you want to do that's, create a thread yourself and take it anywhere you want. You see, to be the only one here arguing many posts on this thread.

Thanks a lot guys. Don't ask me how or why but this thread has led to me walking around the house doing my Jimmy Stewart impression with only my dogs around to hear it.

("Your money's not here, it's in Bill's house, and Run's house!"
"Whose house?"
"Run's house!")

Status
Not open for further replies.