This is terrible | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This is terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
that was the worst injury i have ever seen - compound fracture- probably worse than the theisman injury - gruesome- anyone that is not bothered and concerned for this kid has no heart and lets be frank is a -- ban me if you like -- i am so upset

You're sort of a . I don't care what sport you play or at what level, catastrophic injuries like that are extremely rare. I've seen very few, and guess what? I felt for every single player...even Joe Theisman.

I'm a dbag for not understanding the crying? I don't remember anyone crying over joe. But ok.

Wow. Ok then.

Yeah guys, don't watch football. You will be very upset when those around you aren't crying every 5 minutes over injuries like you are.

But I guess that makes me a douche for not understanding.
This wasn't a run off the mill injury, the guy's leg snapped in half and his bone was sticking out. That's pretty gruesome, especially for his teammates who witnessed it - I would expect them to cry in that situation.

I wondered why everybody was crying to. I had to ask my wife if somebody died. I honestly didn't know and apparently I can watch ied explosions on the six o'clock news but I can't see a replay of a broken leg.

Wow. Ok then.

Yeah guys, don't watch football. You will be very upset when those around you aren't crying every 5 minutes over injuries like you are.

But I guess that makes me a douche for not understanding.
In case you've never noticed, when catastrophic injuries like that happen on the football field, the big, tough football players like yourself react very emotionally too. Seeing a guy's bone sticking out of his leg is something that will stir emotions in most people.

According to reports his teammates were vomiting on the bench and crying. Bunch of pussies, am I right?!

Ok, definitely not how I was trying to come off.

I just don't understand, because injuries happen all the time. I didn't catch that it was career ending. That's very sad. Still wouldn't cry but I suppose it's understandable in that case.

No need to go calling people a douche.

Dude, you came off like a complete asstool. Kellogg and Nantz both said they had never seen an injury like that in basketball - EVER. Both were in tears, as were both coaches plus players. This was not an ankle sprain or football concussion.

Bad thread for you. Shake it off, regroup, and come back at it in another.

I wondered why everybody was crying to. I had to ask my wife if somebody died. I honestly didn't know and apparently I can watch ied explosions on the six o'clock news but I can't see a replay of a broken leg.

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I had to rush my mother to the hospital once. That I cried over. Saw a motorcyclist get hit by a truck and thrown 30 feet and get his head smashed in the ground. I cried over that.

Seeing a player hurt their leg - not something I see as cry worthy. But I guess that makes me a dbag (eye roll).

They showed it 3 or 4 times, and it was more than enough. His leg bent like a straw.

It was really disturbing even from the comfort of my living room and rooting for Duke big time. I saw the reaction of the Duke player first who was rubbing his eyes and then rubbing his chest/ heart, then it looked like there had been some kind of collision at mid court with all the players on the court.

Then came the replay... Oh my Lord! Regardless of what team you are pulling for, anyone who loves sports and possesses any semblance of humanity would be affected by witnessing such a horrific injury.

My heart and prayers go out to Ware, the Louisville and Duke players who I'm sure were profoundly affected by the moment.

You don't want to, Phat...

did you see how utterly gruesome the injury was? the poor kid's leg snapped like a twig, right in front his bench for his teammates to hear and see.

if you're not affected or can't understand how seeing something that horrific happen to someone you love/go to battle with would have an emotional impact then maybe you're just not human. i don't know.

No I didn't see the replay. Which is why I said "why?". But instead of answering apparently everyone wanted to jump down my throat.

Apparently they're all on their periods. For goodness sake.

THANK YOU. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I had to rush my mother to the hospital once. That I cried over. Saw a motorcyclist get hit by a truck and thrown 30 feet and get his head smashed in the ground. I cried over that.

Seeing a player hurt their leg - not something I see as cry worthy. But I guess that makes me a dbag (eye roll).

Did you see it? My God you're actually criticizing people for having empathy toward someone who just had a horrific injury while playing a sport where horrific injuries rarely happen? This wasn't an ankle sprain or an ACL tear or a pulled quad or achilles rupture. The kid's leg was bent sideways below the knee from what I saw. It happened directly in front of the Louisville bench. If I saw one of my best friends suffer something like that right in front of my face with his bone protruding, I'd probably cry too.

But yeah, you've at least proven to be a tough guy.

What you say may be true, but there is an element of "if you don't have something nice to say..."

No I didn't see the replay. Which is why I said "why?". But instead of answering apparently everyone wanted to jump down my throat.

If you didn't even see what everybody is so emotional about, how can you question their reactions to it? If you can't understand why people are reacting the way they are, don't tell them how they should feel and react. People obviously respond differently and something like this is just awful...

Everybody is jumping down your throat? Woe is you.

Look at your original "why" post. It comes across as you asking why someone would be in tears over that injury, not why they are in tears in general. Step your communication game up.

Do you have any friends literate? Can't imagine so with your attitude. You're certainly not making any here. Please go away and don't come back.

Did you see it? My God you're actually criticizing people for having empathy toward someone who just had a horrific injury while playing a sport where horrific injuries rarely happen? This wasn't an ankle sprain or an ACL tear or a pulled quad or achilles rupture. The kid's leg was bent sideways below the knee from what I saw. It happened directly in front of the Louisville bench. If I saw one of my best friends suffer something like that right in front of my face with his bone protruding, I'd probably cry too.

The guy is defending his asinine remarks on something he hasn't even seen the extent of. That is almost as ignorant as what he posted.

What are you talking about? Where did I criticized a single person? Show me where. You're talking out of your butt.

All I said was I didn't see the big deal. I was trying to figure out why everyone was crying.

I also wasn't trying to act tough. Apparently having a different opinion means you're trying to act tough.

Talk about mob mentality in this thread. "You disagree with us rah rah rah"

See the injury, then you will understand why your football comment was 1000% off base.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom