This one is on jb | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

This one is on jb

I know... Why can't we make entry passes? It's funny, when they mentioned how much Pitino does individual work with each player, I wonder how much JB does that? Our HOF coach needs to teach some entry pass skills! :)

The only difference between Mahmoud and Chukwu is the school each chose to attend. No way that skinny kid would ever get off the bench here.

I'm always impressed with what Pitino gets out of his individual players.

The only difference between Mahmoud and Chukwu is the school each chose to attend. No way that skinny kid would ever get off the bench here.

I'm always impressed with what Pitino gets out of his individual players.

Yup. Look how Rozier and Onuaku improved. They bolted by the way after their Soph season. Look how Donovan Mitchell has improved. They lost M Harrell also recently. They just plug in players and are dominant every year and have lost players early too. Yet, people say our recruiting/development is better than theirs. Right. Cue the "but we got to a Final 4" last year talk. :crazy:

I almost posted the same thing earlier. I like that drive better with no TO, but with a set defense, meh.

With no timeout defense is prone to hunt the ball, and leave stuff open. Less likely after a set D, and JG ain't that great attacking.
on the other hand, as someone pointed out last week, Boeheim is like a savant at figuring out percentages. he probably figured his absolute best chance of scoring the go ahead points was to get Gillon fouled. Gillon at the line is the highest percentage shot in the entire ACC right now.

well if he watched the game he also saw gillon get gullivered in the lane every trip thru there.

The worst screw job I've ever seen by officials was to help KU avoid an upset by Colgate or Cornell a few years ago. People b!tch about Cameron Indoor but I think Kansas gets more home cooking.

Same thing happened to when they played Vermont early in the 04/05 season. I wonder if the extreme home cooking hurts them in march. They've gotten bounced early plenty of times. Perhaps with different referee crews they can't handle a game called down the middle.

Since you seem to be an expert on what it means for JB to be "on his game". What should he have done differently?
Read my post. At the end of regulation TT and Battle in the game.

Read my post. At the end of regulation TT and Battle in the game.

I think the play that was called was to have Gillon drive down the lane. When you have a player going 36 for 37 from the FT line over the last 4 games he's probably a good choice to pick to try to get on the FT line.

I thought JB's coaching was fine the whole game. It was the players it did not execute but never gave up. JB's timeout around the 2 minute mark was a good time for a timeout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom