This photo most clearly illustrates how dirty the hit on Dungey was | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This photo most clearly illustrates how dirty the hit on Dungey was

The one thing I am upset with SS for is not saying something to his counterpart about it after the game. They seemed to be jerking each other off telling each other what a great job they did. We better send that film to the MAC Head quarters and ask for more discipline.

My read on that exchange was their coach apologizing profusely about it.

A game ejection for an incident like this is insufficient in penalizing this player or any player who commits an equivalent infraction. He acted in such a way as to potentially cause very serious injury to a defenseless player. No excuse for this kind of behavior.
He should be banned from competition for a year. I know there is nothing in the rules to do this, but there should be. A review board should be established to examine egregious fouls, and determine if they deserve further penalty, and it should meet weekly to make determinations.

Is this on the same level as those two high schoolers teeing off on that referee?

A game ejection for an incident like this is insufficient in penalizing this player or any player who commits an equivalent infraction. He acted in such a way as to potentially cause very serious injury to a defenseless player. No excuse for this kind of behavior.
He should be banned from competition for a year. I know there is nothing in the rules to do this, but there should be. A review board should be established to examine egregious fouls, and determine if they deserve further penalty, and it should meet weekly to make determinations.

FBlagrant 1

Is this on the same level as those two high schoolers teeing off on that referee?

no, but I agree with SUbear and there should be some mechanism for a longer suspension, say 5 games (plus any bowl) for a blatant POS hit6 like that, or more if this isn't his first such offense

All white guys look alike. I can only assume that's why the CMU football twitter account said, when Wilson trotted out there the first time:

Yikes. They didn't even delete it.

They also said that Dungey was "OK" because he walked off without any help. Oh Lord

Its worse in that u can cause a lot more damage, its not as bad as this was a split second thing

Referees aren't ever supposed to get hit. This was a dirty play, but not criminal.

Just look at the progression of this hit. Defender wasn't even in the first picture
image.jpg
image.jpg

longislandcuse said:
LSU had a player ejected for a similar play on Auburns QB. Oh, and that guy.
Would anyone else not mind if that same hit happened to chad kelly tonight?
Just kidding
Kinda

their board is the worst bunch of tools I have ever seen. they were asserting that 5 years ago the hit would have been fine. no remorse whatsoever. tools.

their board is the worst bunch of tools I have ever seen. they were asserting that 5 years ago the hit would have been fine. no remorse whatsoever. tools.

Anyone even remotely trying to justify the hit needs their own head examined. It was that bad. This wasn't a 50/50 or bang bang play.

This was as obvious as it gets. And this is coming from someone who almost always gives the defense the benefit of the doubt due to speed of the game and the offensive player often lowering their helmet too.

This is how you paralyze someone. And it's not an exaggeration. Look at the velocity of his neck snapping back.

Anyone even remotely trying to justify the hit needs their own head examined. It was that bad. This wasn't a 50/50 or bang bang play.

This was as obvious as it gets. And this is coming from someone who almost always gives the defense the benefit of the doubt due to speed of the game and the offensive player often lowering their helmet too.

This is how you paralyze someone. And it's not an exaggeration. Look at the velocity of his neck snapping back.
I think it is the dirtiest thing I have ever seen in a college game, and the thing is, we scored. the penalty ended up just being a touchback and the meathead was ejected. it didn't hurt them at all and cost us everything.

Their coach completely justifies it and exonerates the POS kid after the game - says he's not a dirty player, that it was a bang bang type of play and once you commit yourself there's nothing you can do. So they have no intention of disciplining the kid.

F them - if SU lets them come back to the dome in 2017 I hope the Orange hangs a hundy on em.

Their coach completely justifies it and exonerates the POS kid after the game - says he's not a dirty player, that it was a bang bang type of play and once you commit yourself there's nothing you can do. So they have no intention of disciplining the kid.

F them - if SU lets them come back to the dome in 2017 I hope the Orange hangs a hundy on em.

Embarrassing comments from their coach. As these pictures demonstrate, the hit was far from a "bang bang" type of play.

I would love to see a CMU fan come here and try to justify the hit.

Will that kid be back, or is he an upperclassman? We should have a Dome Welcome Back Party for him. ;)

Seriously, I'm shocked people weren't throwing beers at that SOB as he left the field.

Thought the crowd reaction was great to this incident. Kid should be ashamed of himself and, if he's not, then the coach and his parents should -- this is a game and that is someone's life you're trying to diminish.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom