This place is turing into Syracuse.com | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

This place is turing into Syracuse.com

There's no pay-side so of course this place was going to get loony eventually. Just wait for basketball season.

Things I've learned here the past couple of days
  • Everyone is scared or intimidated by football players wearing the color pink
  • Breast cancer is a huge scam that babies are "sick of hearing about"
  • Our top DL recruit who has a Penn State offer should become our goal line fullback
  • Chew/Lemon = Lane/Moss
People need to be put into time out or be called out by Kaiser, some of this crap is not only embarrassing but its unreadable, not funny, and worst of all BORING.

We're going to the ACC, we need to step our game up.

Things I've learned here the past couple of days
  • Everyone is scared or intimidated by football players wearing the color pink
  • Breast cancer is a huge scam that babies are "sick of hearing about"
  • Our top DL recruit who has a Penn State offer should become our goal line fullback
  • Chew/Lemon = Lane/Moss
People need to be put into time out or be called out by Kaiser, some of this crap is not only embarrassing but its unreadable, not funny, and worst of all BORING.

We're going to the ACC, we need to step our game up.

You forgot a point.

• People love to resort to wild hyperbole to create their points

Who cares about style points? This program isn't nearly good enough to worry about how the team looks.
a win is a win is a win. Rather be 4-2 with 4 ugly wins than 3-3 and flashy

Your on the wrong board then, some of these guys would like to be 1 - 5 in style.

Reactions: CIL
Your on the wrong board then, some of these guys would like to be 1 - 5 in style.
Eagles are pretty flashy. Look what that's gotten them so far

You really aren't helping anything by injecting negativity into a positive post.

No one is saying that. Yes, getting to 4-2 the ugly way is better than getting to 3-3 the flashy way. Know what's better than getting to 4-2 the ugly way? Getting to 4-2 the dominant way.

No one is saying that. Yes, getting to 4-2 the ugly way is better than getting to 3-3 the flashy way. Know what's better than getting to 4-2 the ugly way? Getting to 4-2 the dominant way.

Or 5-1.

The big thing is: have we played a game yet that would enable us to compete with West Virginia? Answer: No.

Thus people are going to look for ways in which this team could improve it's performance. Playing to our strengths on offesne instead of forcing our weaknesses might help. It has nothing to do with being "entertaining".

If we had taken advantage of the Dome to have a more wide open offesne over the years we would probably have drawn more fans. But not if we didn't win. If we did that it would be because it would help us win more.

Obviously from a competitive standpoint ugly 4 and 2 is much better than pretty 3 and 3.

My question is, would a pretty 3 and 3 draw more fans than an ugly 4 and 2?

Obviously from a competitive standpoint ugly 4 and 2 is much better than pretty 3 and 3.

My question is, would a pretty 3 and 3 draw more fans than an ugly 4 and 2?
Possibly, but will a 4-2 team bring better recruits to make it more flashy and hence bring more fans? Now that's a deep question

Possibly, but will a 4-2 team bring better recruits to make it more flashy and hence bring more fans? Now that's a deep question

No. Kids will go to the schools where they think their talents will be the best developed. Nothing in the Syracuse offense really showcases the playmaking ability of the players right now what with the 2 TE sets and lack of opportunities for WR's lower on the depth chart to get much play. Great for TE recruits (Though we really haven't seen much return on that) great on getting a dominant mainline RB (Still looking/waiting for Adonis to get into real mean shape) or getting an aspiring professional style QB (Don't have one, and we do NOT have the coaching staff to encourage one to come anyways).

I'm so sick and tired of this stupid point that's made over and over and over

Part of the reason we're not 5-1 is because the offense couldn't score against Rutgers.

No one - NO ONE - is arguing for a tradeoff between wins and flashiness. Those of us that want a simpler college passing offense aren't just saying it because of aesthetics.

Meathead post. You guys seem to think that more offense is counterproductive. GoSU96 was right in his thread title, but for the wrong reason. Get smarter, people

Meathead post. You guys seem to think that more offense is counterproductive. GoSU96 was right in his thread title, but for the wrong reason. Get smarter, people

Typical knee jerk reaction from you. Nice try though, someone who is telling others to get smarter can't infer the my point of my post. :bang:

Come on, it's OBVIOUS that having a better offense MUST lead to having a worse defense.

Or something.

Because how else would we be worse if we had a better offense?

Hooray, logic!

Wait, I got one... would you rather be an ugly 4-2, or eaten alive by wild boars?

WOULD YOU???

Would you rather be an ugly 4-2 or slathered in Dinosaur BBQ sauce and pecked to death by crows?

These are all logical things to ask!!!

You know, I would rather be 4-2 with a program that looks like it could possibly be 4-2 through their next 6 games heading into conference play as opposed to most likely 1-5 or even 0-6 for that matter. This is the Big east people not a world beater of a conference. Not saying that will happen (0-6) probably won't but this team needs to come out and play one game, I mean one game for 4 quarters, good lord. Our offense has to be the worst 3rd quarter team in the history of football as well.

I would also like to quit reading that all our problems are talent on offense as it is clear they are not in year 3. Marrone needs to fix this thing somehow or at least put some lipstick on a pig for 6 games if we are going to win 2 or 3 more. The fact the he is strill trying to win by playing great defense with a sieve and by making no mistakes has me very concerned for the next 6, very concerned. My god, the punting is attrocious too. anything over the 50 should be 4 down territory

I am also concerned that the UCONN game could be the most boring football game every played...

You know, I would rather be 4-2 with a program that looks like it could possibly be 4-2 through their next 6 games heading into conference play as opposed to most likely 1-5 or even 0-6 for that matter. This is the Big east people not a world beater of a conference. Not saying that will happen (0-6) probably won't but this team needs to come out and play one game, I mean one game for 4 quarters, good lord. Our offense has to be the worst 3rd quarter team in the history of football as well.

I would also like to quit reading that all our problems are talent on offense as it is clear they are not in year 3. Marrone needs to fix this thing somehow or at least put some lipstick on a pig for 6 games if we are going to win 2 or 3 more. The fact the he is strill trying to win by playing great defense with a sieve and by making no mistakes has me very concerned for the next 6, very concerned. My god, the punting is attrocious too. anything over the 50 should be 4 down territory

I am also concerned that the UCONN game could be the most boring football game every played...

What are you talking about, the UCONN game will be awe-ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I've already decided not to watch it.

Because I'm a sophisticated consumer.

I've already decided not to watch it.

Because I'm a sophisticated consumer.
I mean the Coach P versus Syracuse story should be just riveting... :rolling: who cares? two horrible offensese, bunch of old NFL guys making things to difficult for the offenses and D Coordinators who will look like geniuses.. I can see the Shafer posts already, lock him up, he's a genius, hopefully he won't leave, etc etc.

P should have stayed in Dallas for 3-4 more years and retired, these guys think their rock stars or something, hang it up, go play golf

Wait, I got one... would you rather be an ugly 4-2, or eaten alive by wild boars?

WOULD YOU???

Or devoured from within by cannibals!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom