This should end all of the 1 seed talk | Syracusefan.com

This should end all of the 1 seed talk

OrlandoCuse

Living Legend
The second loss to a sub .500 team at home pretty much eliminates all chances at a 1 seed. Let's not even mention it anymore.

We're definitely closer to a 4 than we are to a 2. Squarely looking at 28-6 heading into the tourney.
If they don't win at FSU or in ACCT, they you may have a point.

If we lose at FSU and fail to get a single win in the ACCT...we would be 5-8 seed.
Let's not get carried away. We will fall, but not that far. 4 seed is our floor but we it's possible we fall to a 5 due to seeding conflicts.

Let's not get carried away. We will fall, but not that far. 4 seed is our floor but we it's possible we fall to a 5 due to seeding conflicts.

Hate to disagree with you. We won't be a four if we lose out...

SU isn't as good as 25-0 but it isn't as bad as the last 5 games either.

I expect a decent/good performance in the ACC tourney and a 2 seed.

We still control our destiny for #2 in the East... but of course that means we would need to win the ACC tourney. So we are not getting it.

SU isn't as good as 25-0 but it isn't as bad as the last 5 games either.

I expect a decent/good performance in the ACC tourney and a 2 seed.

I appreciate that optimism, Husky. But I'm not getting off this ledge until I see something different than the last 5. Not how you start, it's how you finish. We are limping into the tourney.

The committee puts huge stock into how you play at end of season. Losing 6 of your last 7 would not look good.

I appreciate that optimism, Husky. But I'm not getting off this ledge until I see something different than the last 5. Not how you start, it's how you finish. We are limping into the tourney.

the thing you have to remember is that you are dealing with a terrible stretch of games. Emotionally, it can't be worse now.

But this team was good enough to win 25 in row. You have to be good to pull that off. period.

Best case scenario: We're Wisconsin with a later slump. Not counting on it though.

I'm not going to put a floor on this team because they'll just crash right through it.

Georgia f-ing tech!?

I'm not going to put a floor on this team because they'll just crash right through it.

Georgia f-ing tech!?
There's a difference between deserving/playing like a 4 seed and getting a 4 seed. We're definitely playing not better than a 8 to 10 seed right now (and I'm being generous). However, I think we still end up with no worse than a 4 seed.

that is completely inaccurate first 10 are the same as last 10 in committees eyes
What they "say" and what they do are two completely different things. Human nature takes over when you look at a team that has limped to the finish line. The committee will naturally downgrade us because of our bad play to finish the season.

The committee is going to look at the fact that we lost to Bc and Gt at home and crucify us.

The committee puts huge stock into how you play at end of season. Losing 6 of your last 7 would not look good.

No they do not. They got rid of the last 10 metric to specifically avoid this,

No they do not. They got rid of the last 10 metric to specifically avoid this,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom