This should end all of the 1 seed talk | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

This should end all of the 1 seed talk

Even if we ran the table, I think a 1 is out, so I agree with the point.

I really don't even know what to say with some of these performances. We lost to BC and Ga Tech at home. That's about as bad as it gets.

The committee is going to look at the fact that we lost to Bc and Gt at home and crucify us.

A bad loss, especially for a pod level team, is just as big a hit to your resume as a top 25 win is a gain.

It's not just another loss... just like a top 25 win is not just another win. Both take on more importance than other games.

However unlikely, a 1 is still technically possible if we win out. However, a loss to FSU probably means 3 seed at best.

I'm not going to put a floor on this team because they'll just crash right through it.

Georgia f-ing tech!?

Dats funny right there!

BC too. And, both at home. And, to both teams that won't even make the loser (NIT) Tournament. :bang:

grant not playing will soften the blow of this awful loss to the committee

Only way we get a 1 seed at this point is to win the ACC tourney.

jekelish said:
Only way we get a 1 seed at this point is to win the ACC tourney.

We're a three or a four if we don't get to the ACC final.

Even if we ran the table, I think a 1 is out, so I agree with the point.

I really don't even know what to say with some of these performances. We lost to BC and Ga Tech at home. That's about as bad as it gets.
Lol. If we ran the table we'd probably get the overall #1 seed. no hyperbole

Well being you said no hyperbole, I could agree with a #1 seed but don't see the #1 overall. Seth Greenberg had us as the 4th #1 before these last 2 horrendous losses, not that I put a ton of stock in SG, but he is an example as much as anyone. Does the committee look at margin of victory/loss, or do they factor close games as being a good experience? ;)

Maybe. I think Florida and Arizona would also both need to lose in that scenario.

We have made our bed...

You think so? Maybe i was just pissed last night, but I dunno. Those Ga Tech and BC losses at home are killers. Though we'd probably be adding wins over Duke and UVA.

You think so? Maybe i was just pissed last night, but I dunno. Those Ga Tech and BC losses at home are killers. Though we'd probably be adding wins over Duke and UVA.
Overall was a little much. We would def get a 1

Yeah the more I think about it, I think you're right; pending what else happens. i just didnt feel like being positive last night...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom