this team: SO MANY ??? | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

this team: SO MANY ???

Perhaps because it was likely but not definite. At some point you have get the feeling that he wasn't warm for SU anymore. The fact he was MIA since May should have been an indication.

It appears he was never warm for SU, and it's obvious he regretted coming here. We were after him for a long long time and it was quite peculiar that it took him so long to commit to us, when it seemed we were rather superior to his other two main schools on his list in Seton Hall and Providence. In my opinion, it's no coincidence that as the Syracuse.com story broke, he was on Seton Hall's campus...likely enrolling as well.

I think it's pretty clear what's going to happen.

Chukwu and Sidibe are your centers.

Moyer, Brissett and Eurodude are your forwards.

Frankie, Battle, and Thorpe are your guards.

In case of emergency, break Howard Washington out of glass.

I find myself liking a wide variety of posts because with this coming team, who the hell knows who will turn out to be right or wrong?

I wonder if Baz knew that TT was likely a goner and that helped him lean to SU.

I find myself liking a wide variety of posts because with this coming team, what the hell knows who will turn out to be right or wrong?

Didn't most think that TT was gone in another year anyway?

I'm not even convinced that Marek is here more than one year.

Didn't most think that TT was gone in another year anyway?

I'm not even convinced that Marek is here more than one year.

Absolutely but to an outsider like Baz, it would've been helpful to know TT is as good as gone.

Yeah, Marek might love US college ball or he might use this year to elevate his status and then play pro in Europe.

I find myself liking a wide variety of posts because with this coming team, who the hell knows who will turn out to be right or wrong?

Or looking at it another way, TT's (ignominious) departure will save him from the humiliation of being benched as a junior when Baze arrives. ;)

If that was the case why didn't we go harder after another player?

Was there someone that can help at that position available that we didn't pursue?

We have had better Thompson's in our hoops history.

I can understand that some guys aren't great defenders. What I can never understand is when player's don't defend with their arms up. Not sure why a coach would put up with that and play those types of kids no matter what other skills they might have.

Nuff said about a kid who had his own agenda.

I'm sad because his offense was needed in a big way. That said, his defense was atrocious and I don't think he's too interested in improving it. The departure hurts, but if he didn't want to be here, then it's a net positive that he's gone. We'll take our lumps this year, but it's better to give the PT and experience to guys who like the program and will stay for multiple years.

I would not dismiss HW that quickly. He WILL surprise, the only question is if it is this year or next.

I can't see Chukwu earning more than 10 MPG. Unless he surprises somebody else will have to help at center.

If one of the Howards breaks out a bit, I could easily see Tyus getting some decent run at the three spot to amp up the O a bit.

Venture to guess that the staff -- along with the players -- knew this was likely for weeks, maybe several months. That the PS ignored this was a bit surprising.

Also willing to bet that Seton Hall has been working behind the scenes to urge him to withdraw and transfer.
If this was really true Syracuse could refuse to allow him to go Seton Hall for tampering.

Well, last year they were State of Emergencies and we still couldn't beat them then... ;) :(

So frustrating, but we were so bad at that point in the season ourselves. Howard played really, really poorly in both games.

If we played them from Jan. on, once we'd found the right mix of players(Gillon in, Howard out, White at SF) and once Battle was healthy, we would've likely beaten them both.

Everyone will go in having/understanding their clear-cut role. That's certainly not a bad thing, on or off the court.

IMO, our backcourt trio is going to have to average a combined 45 ppg for us to even sniff the tourney.

Can some run down what were at scholarship players wise now for this year? I believe the schollie sanctions run what one more year and were finally back at 13?

If this was really true Syracuse could refuse to allow him to go Seton Hall for tampering.

If this is true then ya they should do whatever they can to make sure he doesn't go there.

Can JB pull a Dino and find a Alton Robinson street FA?

Like that kid dealing with Western Kentucky?

We really can't. Syracuse is a lot more interested in P.R. right about now than going after Seton Hall. And I think there may be something to this.

I hope they do. It's ridiculous ... although it all fits now. I mean, the Hall's Thug U, but they've gone totally classless with this maneuver. And as for TT, he's headed for the right spot because he could have made this announcement last May and all would be forgiven. We'd have another player by now. But to do it all on the down-low - wow.

Last edited:
We really can't. Syracuse is a lot more interested in P.R. right about now than going after Seton Hall. And I think there may be something to this.

If Seton Hall tampering we should stick it to them, it wouldn't be Pr it would be doing the right thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom