this team: SO MANY ??? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

this team: SO MANY ???

It might be a bit of a PR hit if we play hardball about the transfer if they claim family medical issues. But we also took some crap when the Jason Hart situation was playing out back in the day.
Oh, agree completely. If there ARE clear family medical issues we wish him well and do everything we can to support him. Found it interesting that JB termed his situation a leave of absence and not a request to transfer.

Hopefully we stop recruiting guys like this to begin with. He can score but his game doesn't translate well to anything we do or anything they do in the NBA.

Recruit guards who can shoot, forwards who can keep teams honest with their shot while being able to dribble drive and athletic, defensive minded centers. No need for PF's who can't move laterally, need to post up/face up and won't rebound.

I still think we are better than last year. Our starting guards will be better. Frank can't be worse. Our frontcourt D will be much better, and if you are better at the guard spots and play better team D overall IMHO you will be better.

The intangible things Lydon did are the only things that I can't find replaced. Lydon was often ripped for underachieving but I think his non scoring contributions are still the thing we need to fill.

I still think we are better than last year. Our starting guards will be better. Frank can't be worse. Our frontcourt D will be much better, and if you are better at the guard spots and play better team D overall IMHO you will be better.

The intangible things Lydon did are the only things that I can't find replaced. Lydon was often ripped for underachieving but I think his non scoring contributions are still the thing we need to fill.
It will certainly be a much different team - and, like you say, possibly a better team with all things considered

Not exactly the language JB used. Players have different reactions to JB's tirades but TT took them worse than most.
If you want to be an NBA draft selection you had better be able to take some tough coaching. JB and this staff have certainly put a lot of guys in the NBA 1st and 2nd round over the years...especially the last 6 years. All TT needed to do was follow the advice, work hard, and get with the program to join the millionaires club. Dumb move. His loss.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom