This Team Wasnt Ready to Play Tonight... | Syracusefan.com

This Team Wasnt Ready to Play Tonight...

Ish88888

All American
Say what you want about ED. This team knew all week he wasn't playing, but instead of rallying, this team was apathetic and showed up with no juice!

Say what you want about ED. This team knew all week he wasn't playing, but instead of rallying, this team was apathetic and showed up with no juice!

And then there's that thing called talent too.

And dug couldn't play in the rain last year either. If this team can't gain yards, the whole thing falls down. Should've it have been this bad? No. But we are fragile when we lose a playmaker. And we don't have many.

Frustrating, but realistic outcome (the loss, not the margin.)

Say what you want about ED?

What I'd say is that he was this team's lynchpin, and as soon as he was done, they were.

He convinced them they could win. Both sides of the ball.

I look forward to comments about him throwing off his back foot.

Dungey got hurt and team faultered, also lost two starting safeties. I’ll never understand the team quit or they weren’t ready comments, to me it’s a walking sports cliche. lville is trending in a positive direction and they destroyed us with a heisman qb who played great and more talent with a very good offensive head coach, the game sucked and we were torched but the quit and weren’t ready to play comments I just will never understand.

FSU was case in point as to what happens with no viable replacement at QB and they are FSU.

Say what you want about ED?

What I'd say is that he was this team's lynchpin, and as soon as he was done, they were.

He convinced them they could win. Both sides of the ball.

I look forward to comments about him throwing off his back foot.
If that's the case (sure looked like it) then this program severely lacks in the leadership and mental toughness departments.

If that's the case (sure looked like it) then this program severely lacks in the leadership and mental toughness departments.

Man I disagree with that. Say what you will but this team hung in until the last possession agains LSU, NC State, Miami and FSU. They looked plenty tough mentally those games. Damn tough.

Man I disagree with that. Say what you will but this team hung in until the last possession agains LSU, NC State, Miami and FSU. They looked plenty tough mentally those games. Damn tough.
Where was that team today?

Yes, they played badly today. It happens.

You said the program lacks toughness. I believe that is wildly incorrect.
I said "if that's the case". ie If what hungrychuck said is true - that the nation's 96th rated quarterback convinced both the offense and defense that they could win and as soon as he was finished so were they - then yes, as a whole team they lack toughness.

There's a difference between playing badly and what we saw this afternoon. From the first play from scrimmage, they acted like today's game was the last place they wanted to be.

Dungey got hurt and team faultered, also lost two starting safeties. I’ll never understand the team quit or they weren’t ready comments, to me it’s a walking sports cliche. lville is trending in a positive direction and they destroyed us with a heisman qb who played great and more talent with a very good offensive head coach, the game sucked and we were torched but the quit and weren’t ready to play comments I just will never understand.

FSU was case in point as to what happens with no viable replacement at QB and they are FSU.

I think it’s clear when we give up a TD on two straigt running plays equaling the length of the field that some people were definitely not ready to play today.

I think it’s clear when we give up a TD on two straigt running plays equaling the length of the field that some people were definitely not ready to play today.

Seems like we play from behind every game

I said "if that's the case". ie If what hungrychuck said is true - that the nation's 96th rated quarterback convinced both the offense and defense that they could win and as soon as he was finished so were they - then yes, as a whole team they lack toughness.

There's a difference between playing badly and what we saw this afternoon. From the first play from scrimmage, they acted like today's game was the last place they wanted to be.
You think there are 95 qb's in the country better than Eric?

are you able to factor in that with dungey's play style he can only start 67% of the games, and essentially none in November? he has a three year track record of starting 8 games, and missing the rest with injury.

They haven't been ready since there was 16 seconds left in the first half of the Wake game and they gave up that fg.

are you able to factor in that with dungey's play style he can only start 67% of the games, and essentially none in November? he has a three year track record of starting 8 games, and missing the rest with injury.
It's not just his play style as you put it. It's the lack of talent that the team has that forces him to be the best running option and also running for his life while attempting a pass. Games played is the most under rated stat in sports but in Eric's case, he is forced to play the way he does by the lack of talent he plays with.

No I really don't. But even if there are 50-75 better QB's, we shouldn't be so decimated by his loss (both on offense and defense).

Our best player, ED, was out. He also doubles as our best RB.

Our QB used to be a walk-on.

Our secondary has players playing that shouldn't be.

We were also on the road against last year's Heisman winner and a 1st round draft pick at QB.

Teams in college can't consistently win with losing a starting QB and having a rash of injuries (see UCLA, FSU, etc).

This isn't hard. Dino is building the program back up that has been terrible or mediocre for a generation. It's a huge job. They were ready to play, but sometimes you just aren't good enough.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom