Class of 2014 - Thomas Holley | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Thomas Holley

Hunt starting at QB will only help our chances in getting Holley. Would love to see him in orange and he can start as a true frosh next year with Bromley leaving...

Hunt starting at QB will only help our chances in getting Holley. Would love to see him in orange and he can start as a true frosh next year with Bromley leaving...
Isn't he a DE?

Hunt not playing might be the brain trust of the GRob days. That is,of course, Thats presuming,f there was a brain to be trusted in those days.

Saw an article on $co ut and, without getting into what it says since 1) that's not ethical and 2) you've probably all seen it too, a couple things jumped out at me...

1) Holley likes the new uniforms/helmets. So we can gripe all we want, recruits are taking notice and liking that we're doing things like that.

2) He said Hunt will definitely play a role in his decision. We all suspected it, but Holley himself confirmed it.

Saw an article on $co ut and, without getting into what it says since 1) that's not ethical and 2) you've probably all seen it too, a couple things jumped out at me...

1) Holley likes the new uniforms/helmets. So we can gripe all we want, recruits are taking notice and liking that we're doing things like that.

2) He said Hunt will definitely play a role in his decision. We all suspected it, but Holley himself confirmed it.

How interesting that he came out and said Hunt will play a role. It's almost like him saying If Hunt becomes a superstar, he's coming here, which frankly is a weird reason to attend a college but hey, here's to hoping that happens.

How interesting that he came out and said Hunt will play a role. It's almost like him saying If Hunt becomes a superstar, he's coming here, which frankly is a weird reason to attend a college but hey, here's to hoping that happens.

Don't forget Wayne Williams is also working on him, plus some of the commits.

To some degree yes and to some degree no ... he's a city kid getting some serious run ... how is that working out for Ishaq? Also with everything going on with Easley it really helps us with some of these city kids ... they see their peers getting PT early at the Cuse and starring .. can't say the same for the big names that go elsewhere.

Don't forget Wayne Williams is also working on him, plus some of the commits.
If we can get him and have the two of them side by side with the new LBers and I -J the front seven could be huge in talent and dominant which of course is the goal. All we need is for some better secondary players to join this group.Reddish an eskridge are a good tandem to get things started back there.

Not that it makes any difference, but Holley seems to want to be told the truth, and with Hunt here he knows Syracuse isn't spreading the bull****.

To some degree yes and to some degree no ... he's a city kid getting some serious run ... how is that working out for Ishaq? Also with everything going on with Easley it really helps us with some of these city kids ... they see their peers getting PT early at the Cuse and starring .. can't say the same for the big names that go elsewhere.

Not for nothing, but Ishaq is turning out to be a really good player for them.

Yeah, by his senior year he might even start ;) How's his brand doing, is he a household name yet? Not so much.

He's not starting for the 3rd straight season and is probably going to finish the year with around 30 tackles. He may be an important player to them on their depth chart but I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have had a greater impact at SU at this point in his career.

Even though Easley just went down with a season ending and maybe career ending ACL tear, he was a 3 year starter for Florida. I know he's had issues off the field but he's hardly the guy I'd use as an example of not having a chance to start or be an impact for his team.

Yeah, by his senior year he might even start ;) How's his brand doing, is he a household name yet? Not so much.
He's not starting for the 3rd straight season and is probably going to finish the year with around 30 tackles. He may be an important player to them on their depth chart but I find it hard to believe that he wouldn't have had a greater impact at SU at this point in his career.

Even though Easley just went down with a season ending and maybe career ending ACL tear, he was a 3 year starter for Florida. I know he's had issues off the field but he's hardly the guy I'd use as an example of not having a chance to start or be an impact for his team.

Don't get me wrong I definitely believe he would have had a better chance to make an impact at Syracuse, just pointing out he isn't a complete bust.

While he has been a three year starter no one in New York knows because he doesnt get any pub/exposure up here. The Daily News isn't writing articles about him. The City kids making noise at Cuse are getting ink. There in lies the difference about going out of state versus succeeding locally.

Holley & Williams & Hunt (and Maverty) would solidify NYC recruiting - in a HUGE way especially if we made it to the Conference championship in Hunt's senior year even NC contention!

That would be a "wet dream" I haven't had in over 40 years (TMI)!

Don't get me wrong I definitely believe he would have had a better chance to make an impact at Syracuse, just pointing out he isn't a complete bust.

I get what you are saying...I am just wondering if most "not complete busts" have a brand that can be built at Notre Dame?

I'm not sure who Ishaq is but I'm guessing its Isaiah Johnson?" Yes This kid is special now and will only get better.

Ishaq Williams, Notre Dame.

I get what you are saying...I am just wondering if most "not complete busts" have a brand that can be built at Notre Dame?
Especially if they have imaginary girlfriends who are dead. Perhaps the best kind in some cases.

Does it have to be the Holley article? Because there's this Cosmo article about how to get the BEST lashes that I'd love to share.

For the season he has 9 tackles and a sack as a junior through 5 games ... I said it a while ago that he would get recruited over and wouldn't be a big timer there ... nothing I have seen from him even leads me to believe he will break through as a senior and be a "brand" ... Shawn Williams I hope you are taking notes before you start peddling advice to other NYC kids.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom