Those in the know, re: Coleman | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Those in the know, re: Coleman

I would like to see him down in the 260's, by the time next season starts.

Speaking of this... the Noel chatter sure got quiet around here
I think the amount of chatter corresponds with actual events. Since the last bit of chatter during his last official visits not much as happened to discuss. Except for the whole actual team losing in the tournament thing.

Regardless, I think Rak starts ahead of him at the 5. I really like Rak and think he'll work very hard in the offseason and will come in much-improved.

Im still going by jakes better than 50 50 and him including noel in his lineup for next year lol, but seriously it has been quiet, i bet he announces a little after the title game

I would like to see Fab declare soon. That would also help.

Regardless, I think Rak starts ahead of him at the 5. I really like Rak and think he'll work very hard in the offseason and will come in much-improved.

You should view Rak as being like Terrence Roberts or Rick Jackson, body-wise. He's never going to be an elite center (that is, an NBA prospect at that position) because he's just not big enough. 6-9, 230 or 240 just won't cut it in the league. We are doing him a favor for his future by trying to turn him into a PF. He has a better chance of making it as a pro if he sticks around here long enough to develop a midrange jumper.

You should view Rak as being like Terrence Roberts or Rick Jackson, body-wise. He's never going to be an elite center (that is, an NBA prospect at that position) because he's just not big enough. 6-9, 230 or 240 just won't cut it in the league. We are doing him a favor for his future by trying to turn him into a PF. He has a better chance of making it as a pro if he sticks around here long enough to develop a midrange jumper.
Totally agree. It's better for both us and him if he can become a PF. It's obvious JB wants him there. It would have been too easy this year to have him back up Fab and not challenge him. I have visions of a scary big interior with DC at the 5 and Noel or Rak at the 4. I know technically that wouldn't be any bigger than this year, but I think it'll play more physically.

I spoke to a high school coach whose team played Jamesville Dewitt last year. He was surprised when I predicted that Coleman would start next year. He questioned Coleman's ability to get up and down the floor.

I spoke to a high school coach whose team played Jamesville Dewitt last year. He was surprised when I predicted that Coleman would start next year. He questioned Coleman's ability to get up and down the floor.
hmm, yeah, it's reports like these that made me posit the question in the first place...

It's a wonder why Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Ohio State all offered an overweight kid who can't get up and down the court.
:crazy:

It's a wonder why Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas and Ohio State all offered an overweight kid who can't get up and down the court.
:crazy:
Kinda like Fab Melo?

Was coleman the number one payer in his class until his junior year? I always rembered him being on top for awhile

Kinda like Fab Melo?

And Josh Smith...Renardo Sidney...hell, Dion Waiters.

Nah, big schools never offer kids who show up out of shape. (Sarcastic face.)

In all seriousness, why are people so eager to contradict those who've heard that Coleman's not fit?

btw, wingspan is more important than height in basketball

College basketball players are typically listed by their height with shoes on. Nobody cares what they measure at in socks, since they never play barefoot. If you're going to list him in barefeet, do the same for every other college player.

College basketball players are typically listed by their height with shoes on. Nobody cares what they measure at in socks, since they never play barefoot. If you're going to list him in barefeet, do the same for every other college player.
College and NBA players are typically listed by an exaggeration of 2 inches. Heck even my high school did it. Our 6'0 guards were 6'2 in the program. It's not because our coach measured us in shoes, it's because almost every team pads their heights.

Donte Greene is listed at 6'11 do you think he's much taller than 6'8?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom