Those leaving for the Draft | Syracusefan.com

Those leaving for the Draft

upperdeck

Living Legend
I know we have several looking at it.. But even so depending on the site I dont think we have anyone really going very high.. I mean if you go by ESPN ranking Tucker is the only one they even have project into the top 6 rds.. I know that some other sites have Bergeron a bit higher.

Spiller was ranked about like him last yr. he went mid 4th and while the money is nice.. How much would he get. Even the guarenteed money is not really a thing in the NFL. If he just flat out doesnt make a team he probably doesnt even see the signing bonus. Most of the deals outside the first rd are for Injury only deals.

If you sign as UDFA you dont even get that kind of deal most of the time., But you do get to pick the team and spot.

Where is Tucker ranked? And no Mikel? I’m going to miss them both very much, still hoping Sean stays for one more season. I’m a newer fan obviously but he’s my favorite player.

I know we have several looking at it.. But even so depending on the site I dont think we have anyone really going very high.. I mean if you go by ESPN ranking Tucker is the only one they even have project into the top 6 rds.. I know that some other sites have Bergeron a bit higher.

Spiller was ranked about like him last yr. he went mid 4th and while the money is nice.. How much would he get. Even the guarenteed money is not really a thing in the NFL. If he just flat out doesnt make a team he probably doesnt even see the signing bonus. Most of the deals outside the first rd are for Injury only deals.

If you sign as UDFA you dont even get that kind of deal most of the time., But you do get to pick the team and spot.

They're kids making these decisions. Trill shouldn't have gone but he did and he made it work.

GW is damaged goods now and unfortunately he'll have to prove otherwise.

Mikel is very small for an NFL linebacker. He's a ridiculously good college LB but I have no idea what his pro future is.

Berg will stick.

Tucker can play in the pros but he certainly has some durability issues.

Last edited:
Mikel Not sure what he would play in the Pros.. Quick enough but not big or really all that fast.. He might be a useful ST and fill in guy but dont see him as a starter type.

like most sports today better to be athletic than skilled and hope you figure out the skill part.

Mikel Not sure what he would play in the Pros.. Quick enough but not big or really all that fast.. He might be a useful ST and fill in guy but dont see him as a starter type.

like most sports today better to be athletic than skilled and hope you figure out the skill part.
Could he wind up an XFL guy? Do NFL teams with a 3-3-5 D (if any do) have smaller but fast LB’s? I don’t really follow the NFL.

I mean if you go back and watch the last 2 games.. We had guys in the spots to make tackles.. And they made tackles but it went from zero yds to 5 in getting the guy down.. Our LBs do a better job of tackling in space than they do in stuffing inside plays.

They said the same think about Zaire Franklin...

PFF has Williams 1st round until Oct 22 when they dropped him to the 2nd round. I’m sure the update next week will drop him out. IMO Jones will be an OLB or maybe even a safety in the NFL.

He's big enough to play LB. He's practically the same size as Ray Lewis when he was drafted.

Earlier in the year Jones Williams, Tucker and Bergeron were projected as draft picks. With Berg and GW 1-2 round picks

He's big enough to play LB. He's practically the same size as Ray Lewis when he was drafted.
how big you are and how big you play are different things.. like BB some 6-8 guys can play center and some cant.. Mikel plays like a 210 lb MLB in how he fills a hole , Ziare was like 240..

Earlier in the year Jones Williams, Tucker and Bergeron were projected as draft picks. With Berg and GW 1-2 round picks
yea and every site has different rankings.. I just sited the ESPN one because thats where i was at the time..

I agree.

A more recent comparison (and perhaps better) is of the Browns' Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah (JOK). Similar stature, strengths and weaknesses, along with their 40 yd. dash times of 4.56. He's became a starter for the Browns around half-way through last season and is this year. He's also missed some games with ankle and knee injuries, but he's pretty productive when he's on the field.

He missed last nights game too, but the Browns kicked arse without him. :)

Here is where NIL makes the decision more complex. By many accounts Jones and Tucker were taken care of fairly well this year. Do you came back for a guaranteed payday or risk it for what’s behind door #2. Don’t understand why football players don’t get the same opportunity to go through the process like hoops players do.

Here is where NIL makes the decision more complex. By many accounts Jones and Tucker were taken care of fairly well this year. Do you came back for a guaranteed payday or risk it for what’s behind door #2. Don’t understand why football players don’t get the same opportunity to go through the process like hoops players do.

Agreed. Not sure why they can’t test the waters before deciding and if the scouts say it ain’t it, come back for another season.

Maybe they can change that rule soon

Agreed. Not sure why they can’t test the waters before deciding and if the scouts say it ain’t it, come back for another season.

Maybe they can change that rule soon
I think they can talk to scouts any time, no?

how big you are and how big you play are different things.. like BB some 6-8 guys can play center and some cant.. Mikel plays like a 210 lb MLB in how he fills a hole , Ziare was like 240..
All I know is just played big enough to make 15 Tackles against ND. I'd love to have him for another year, though I doubt that happens.

They're kids making these decisions. Trill shouldn't have gone but he did and he made it work.

GW is damaged goods now and unfortunately he'll have to prove otherwise.

Mikel is very small for an NFL linebacker. He's a ridiculously good college LB but I have no idea what his pro future it.

Berg will stick.

Tucker can play in the pros but he certainly has some durability issues.
Could Mikel convert to a S?

I've seen Bergeron described as possibly sneaking into the late 1st round. So he's likely a day 2 prospect, at worst.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom