Those leaving for the Draft | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Those leaving for the Draft

I've seen Bergeron described as possibly sneaking into the late 1st round. So he's likely a day 2 prospect, at worst.
its what started me looking to see ESPN has him 3rd or later when some say 1st rd. thats a big difference

its what started me looking to see ESPN has him 3rd or later when some say 1st rd. thats a big difference

It is.

But those assessments of Berg perhaps being a POTENTIAL first round pick, and being viewed as a potential starting LT by NFL front offices, have been reported here throughout the season.

It's not me interpreting and making an attribution about where he'll be drafted. It's also not a prediction I'm making. I'm just reporting information that was broadly shared on this forum about how Bergeron is viewed by NFL GMs, and where scouts might be projecting him.

Here is a link to one such post that was linked here -- from ESPN:

Last edited:
PFF has Williams 1st round until Oct 22 when they dropped him to the 2nd round. I’m sure the update next week will drop him out. IMO Jones will be an OLB or maybe even a safety in the NFL.
Mikel Jones will not play safety in the NFL.

Mikel Not sure what he would play in the Pros.. Quick enough but not big or really all that fast.. He might be a useful ST and fill in guy but dont see him as a starter type.

like most sports today better to be athletic than skilled and hope you figure out the skill part.
imo Mikel is a Zaire Franklin clone. Most NFL defenses don’t mind the smaller, quicker, LB’s to match these offenses. Only difference is Zaire is a once a generation leader who worked his way through multiple years of special teams captain. This is the first year he actually had a chance to start because of injury and he took it and ran with it. After week 6 be led the NFL in tackles. Mikel will have to take a similar route and be patient. He has similar qualities as Zaire, but he will be a lot round draft pick at best, which makes the fight that much harder. Zaire talks a lot about the frustration getting to where he is at now on last weeks MOB podcast. Highly recommend listening if you have not.

Bergeron was the #5 OT on 1 of the top draft experts position ranking. OT’s are coveted and he has only increased his stock this year. He should go in round 3-4.

Tucker being a RB really doesn’t matter. He’s not going to risk more wear and tear n his body in college when he already proved what he can do. Using him out of the backfield only increased his stock. I’ve seen him compared to Eckler in the NFL. That’s a great comparison. It’s unfortunate the RB position just isn’t as coveted as it once was. He will get drafted in the later rounds and certainly stick to a roster and have a good chance of playing next year. Coming back for 1 year does nothing for him except risk his current draft stock.

Garrett Williams was rated #38 OVERALL by PFF. Just as it was unfortunate for Cisco who tore his acl mid year, GW will suffer the same fate, but maybe gk slightly higher than Cisco did since he’s at a position of need. Just like Tucker him coming back does nothing but risk his career. One more serious injury and he doesn’t get drafted and we all know how hard it is for UDFA’s to catch on. At least now if he gets drafted in round 5-6 some team has draft equity invested in him and will likely keep him on the 53 man roster, or at least put him on the PUP list if he isn’t physically ready to go.

imo Mikel is a Zaire Franklin clone. Most NFL defenses don’t mind the smaller, quicker, LB’s to match these offenses. Only difference is Zaire is a once a generation leader who worked his way through multiple years of special teams captain. This is the first year he actually had a chance to start because of injury and he took it and ran with it. After week 6 be led the NFL in tackles. Mikel will have to take a similar route and be patient. He has similar qualities as Zaire, but he will be a lot round draft pick at best, which makes the fight that much harder. Zaire talks a lot about the frustration getting to where he is at now on last weeks MOB podcast. Highly recommend listening if you have not.
I'm not a Pro Scout nor do I play one on TV and I loved Zaire when he was here, but as a College LB , I'd take Mikel over Zaire w/o hesitation.

I'm not a Pro Scout nor do I play one on TV and I loved Zaire when he was here, but as a College LB , I'd take Mikel over Zaire w/o hesitation.
I certainly think he is a little bigger, and quicker. He is a prototype special teamer and back up LB in the NFL.

One of them is 6’ 236 lbs

The other is 6’1” and 224 lbs

I’ll let you take your guesses on which is which

I mean if you go back and watch the last 2 games.. We had guys in the spots to make tackles.. And they made tackles but it went from zero yds to 5 in getting the guy down.. Our LBs do a better job of tackling in space than they do in stuffing inside plays.
That particular case says more about our lack of size on the d line. The initial guy would often get the RB at least stood up then the oline would surge the pile. In the NFL the d line our LBs play with will not be undersized. Having said that, I've also wondered how Jones projected to the NFL because of size. Thompson and Wax seem to have the more NFL builds.

One of them is 6’ 236 lbs

The other is 6’1” and 224 lbs

I’ll let you take your guesses on which is which
Yean, weight is more important that a 1" height difference.

The only one that has any gray area at this point is Williams because of the injury. He could rehab and come back next year and probably improve his draft position, tough call

The only one that has any gray area at this point is Williams because of the injury. He could rehab and come back next year and probably improve his draft position, tough call
Or he could get injured again on this turf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom