Those who think its Fla vs SU race for Dakari | Syracusefan.com

Those who think its Fla vs SU race for Dakari

cusetown1

Taxi Squad
We could know a little more today, Joel Embiid will decide.

i thought we were quasi out when he reclassified?

are we still 50-50ish?

Currently in a good spot for Dakari. We'll see how things round out with the roster.
What is your opinion on how he fits into this team if Rak, DC2, and (obviously) BMK are still around?

What is your opinion on how he fits into this team if Rak, DC2, and (obviously) BMK are still around?
If everybody returns then I can't see him attending SU. Which is why I said we'll have to see how the roster rounds out. Somebody is expected to leave but the question is who? Personally I don't see either Rak or DC2 being NBA ready but what do I know. To answer your question on how he fits if everybody comes back. He'll have to stay in the middle. He's not the most athletic, and struggles with conditioning. Like DC2, he's a big time scorer in the post and is a very good rebounder as well. Rak and BMK would've to play out on the wings because as we have seen having big guys like DC2 chasing shooters on the wing isn't a good look and Dakari wouldn't be any better.

If everybody returns then I can't see him attending SU. Which is why I said we'll have to see how the roster rounds out. Somebody is expected to leave but the question is who? Personally I don't see either Rak or DC2 being NBA ready but what do I know. To answer your question on how he fits if everybody comes back. He'll have to stay in the middle. He's not the most athletic, and struggles with conditioning. Like DC2, he's a big time scorer in the post and is a very good rebounder as well. Rak and BMK would've to play out on the wings because as we have seen having big guys like DC2 chasing shooters on the wing isn't a good look and Dakari wouldn't be any better.
I really wish that he had stayed in 2014. I wish these kids would pay attention more to what suits SU the best.

This is my thinking as well. Especially after getting a taste of what Rak/DC2 bring to the table in the exhibitions. I think DC2 is Sullinger- semi lite but with him still learning positioning in the zone, he will end up seeing less minutes than a projected one and done would. Rak still needs more of an offensive game - the shot blocking is intriguing against such an athletic squad as SDST. All that said- BMK looked the most comfortable out there. He knew where to be, was snatching boards and cleaning up junk inside. Im guessing that it might just be only MCW headed to pro land next season , but I don't think that means we aren't a contender.

Add to the fact - if CJ is going to be that effective on offense .. he may see more minutes at the 3 or 4 when James is also playing well.

It's really hard to believe that any kid reclassifying doesn't first talk with the school that is their intended destination to get "clearance" that they agree. You can be sure that Dakari didn't just make the move and then tell his desired school "surprise". Since SU was apparently caught off guard by his decision to reclass, it's a pretty safe bet we're not his first choice. My guess is that we get either Roberson or Lawrence or if neither then we're done for 2013.

It's really hard to believe that any kid reclassifying doesn't first talk with the school that is their intended destination to get "clearance" that they agree. You can be sure that Dakari didn't just make the move and then tell his desired school "surprise". Since SU was apparently caught off guard by his decision to reclass, it's a pretty safe bet we're not his first choice. My guess is that we get either Roberson or Lawrence or if neither then we're done for 2013.

I wouidn't be so sure about that. It's more likely handlers / family telling the kid to get the clock started. The sooner they get to college (now that they know they are elite prospects and don't need the extra year - that's why you see it at the end of the AAU season / beginning of the school year - we know you're good enough after the summer you had, can we get you graduated and qualified?), so they can get the first contract sooner. More years to earn.

Kids at this level aren't worried that they won't be welcome at the school they want to go to, I think very few of them have their hearts as set on a single school as we would as a fan or as we may think they do from their comments to the recruiting reporters...and ultimately they know if they want to go to Kentucky and there is no room at the Inn, then they can go to one of 10-20 other programs that will still lead them where they want to end up.

Kids at this level aren't worried that they won't be welcome at the school they want to go to, I think very few of them have their hearts as set on a single school as we would as a fan or as we may think they do from their comments to the recruiting reporters...and ultimately they know if they want to go to Kentucky and there is no room at the Inn, then they can go to one of 10-20 other programs that will still lead them where they want to end up.
Hell,there is at least a handful of kids on our team that had their hearts set on Syracuse. Not even including our recruits Ennis and McCullough.

Hell,there is at least a handful of kids on our team that had their hearts set on Syracuse. Not even including our recruits Ennis and McCullough.
Exactly the players I love to get. Hate getting the 'players for hire' that are thinking NBA before stepping foot on campus. I don't know how Kentucky fans sleep at night while getting stepped on so much.

Exactly the players I love to get. Hate getting the 'players for hire' that are thinking NBA before stepping foot on campus. I don't know how Kentucky fans sleep at night while getting stepped on so much.
That's why I would love to get Dakari.

How do you know we were caught off guard? It does appear as if it was a very quick development but I'm pretty sure we were aware that it was going to happen as early as anybody. Bottom line is that he's a top 10 guy whether '13 or '14 and if a school wants him they will make room and go after him, if not he'll find a suitor that does. He doesn't have an intended destination yet, the ball is in his court.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

That's why I would love to get Dakari.
I still worry about getting a reputation for over-recruiting a position, scaring away future recruits ... but one step at a time. My dream scenario = land Roberson, DC2 has monster year, we win NC, DC2 goes pro, Dakari commits.

I still worry about getting a reputation for over-recruiting a position, scaring away future recruits ... but one step at a time. My dream scenario = land Roberson, DC2 has monster year, we win NC, DC2 goes pro, Dakari commits.
I like your thinking!

I'm not sure but I'm guessing it's on a bed full of wins, a national title pillow and under a blanket of fast breaks, blocked shots and alley-oops. Something tells me there are plenty of teams' fans getting much less rest at night than the Cats faithful.

I think you (in the royal sense -- recruits, fans, coaches, etc.) just have to accept recruiting for what it is. I mean, if you're worried about over-recruiting and end up short, there are no winners in that scenario. And you can't really predict the future, so you just have to balance your roster in whatever way you can project best and go from there.

even if DC2 comes back and we miss in dakari we are looking SUPER SWEET.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom