Thoughts As We Head Into The Spring/Summer Circuit | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts As We Head Into The Spring/Summer Circuit

Rumor was Hop would've brought Red along if he got the job. Red would've been the perfect guy for him to tag along and keep the east coast ties, while having Hart and Bland hold down the west.
i would have hated him.

Anyone else not getting the vids orangefan13 is posting in this thread?
ngbbs4eb1ff6f7bbb6.jpg

First time hearing of him. 2017 is such a long time away and at 5'10 let's see how much he grows and develop over the years. Cool to see Billy E coaching up the yougins. Really glad he has gotten his life together and is helping others.

do you know what school district he is? hopefully he ends up at Bishop Ludden

LOL, well I'm a bit backward when it comes to tech. Thanks.
Silly me. I thought you was just making fun of the videos and didn't think you were actually having problems watching them lol my bad.

Silly me. I thought you was just making fun of the videos and didn't think you were actually having problems watching them lol my bad.

And here I thought you was makin fun of me. :(
LOL :) The embedded video links aren't shwing up, probably something to do with teh new hard drive my IT guy just put in this laptop. I'm guessing my setting aren't the same as they used to be. Anyways orangefan13's suggestion of youtube worked fine.

LOL :) The embedded video links aren't shwing up, probably something to do with teh new hard drive my IT guy just put in this laptop. I'm guessing my setting aren't the same as they used to be. Anyways orangefan13's suggestion of youtube worked fine.
One other small suggestion for you.
Try Mozilla Firefox (free)
or Opera (although it has memory leaks when too many embedded videos load at the same time)
http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/
Completely safe, and some browsers don't always "render" embedded objects well.
If you don't already, always have a backup browser.
One of these should help you see the vids.

Thanks tee, I have that on my PC and personal laptop and like it better. Probably should put it on this as well.

Oh nah never that. Your good people man.

Was already impressed by Kid Mamba, but it was great watching Unique and Rodney Miller (nasty facial towards the end of that clip), among others.

But I really thought Devonte Green stood out. Not only does he look like he has a great handle, but seems like he prides himself on defense, and has really quick hands! This kid has promise.

Excellent post Francis and thanks. Who is our main competition for Joseph?

Excellent post Francis and thanks. Who is our main competition for Joseph?
Duke has sniffed around but their going to go all out on Tyus Jones, so I don't think they'll be a big factor. Marsh will hate this one, but I think will be our biggest comp. I just want the staff to get him on campus for a visit and lets wrap this baby up early:).

PD, when mentioning Zona as a team I like for next year. I was thinking about our boy Gabe York being a scoring sparkplug off the bench for them. He was buried behind Lyons, Johnson, and Parrom this past season. Only Nick Johnson returns, so he should have an opportunity to get busy for them. Was one of the most exciting players to watch a few years ago.

Duke has sniffed around but their going to go all out on Tyus Jones, so I don't think they'll be a big factor. Marsh will hate this one, but I think will be our biggest comp. I just want the staff to get him on campus for a visit and lets wrap this baby up early:).

PD, when mentioning Zona as a team I like for next year. I was thinking about our boy Gabe York being a scoring sparkplug off the bench for them. He was buried behind Lyons, Johnson, and Parrom this past season. Only Nick Johnson returns, so he should have an opportunity to get busy for them. Was one of the most exciting players to watch a few years ago.
:eek:
No !
He's better than that. ;)

Was already impressed by Kid Mamba, but it was great watching Unique and Rodney Miller (nasty facial towards the end of that clip), among others.

But I really thought Devonte Green stood out. Not only does he look like he has a great handle, but seems like he prides himself on defense, and has really quick hands! This kid has promise.
Unique is crazy athletic for a guard, and your right Green looks to be a player. His handles are ridiculous and I'm sucker for ankle breakers. Flynn n Waiters I miss you guys making me goth_shaqoohhh.png.

Unique is crazy athletic for a guard, and your right Green looks to be a player. His handles are ridiculous and I'm sucker for ankle breakers. Flynn n Waiters I miss you guys making me goView attachment 3134.
Couldn't have said it better man, and Flynn and Waiters. Kaleb is that kinda guy too. I really want this kid to come aboard the Mantonio train.

Tee, thought you would find these combos for Team Scan interesting for the spring/summer. Ya boy lil Bryce Aiken and Unique are on the 15u squad. While Thomas Bryant, Green, and Yakwe are on the 16u. McCullough and Diallo on 17u. Team Scan could be a nice pipeline of talent for SU;).

Tee, thought you would find these combos for Team Scan interesting for the spring/summer. Ya boy lil Bryce Aiken and Unique are on the 15u squad. While Thomas Bryant, Green, and Yakwe are on the 16u. McCullough and Diallo on 17u. Team Scan could be a nice pipeline of talent for SU;).
Team SU-Scan
Boom.
:)

Francis - thanks for the updates! A couple of questions for the board:

1. How many of our current recruits/players do you think will jump early? Certainly McCollough. Grant, Roberson,Bryant seem like candidates to bolt early. And specifically how long do you think we have with Ennis? It just seems like the first step in the recruiting process is knowing how many and what spots need to be filled. Looks like recruiting is in hyper drive and was wondering if losing people is partly driving it.

2. Do you see anyone who can develop into giving us a post game again? We currently have DC2 and Grant. Of the new ones coming in maybe Roberson? It seems like it takes a while for the bigs to develop this at the collegiate level and is tough to get because talented bigs don't seem to stay that long.

Rumor was Hop would've brought Red along if he got the job. Red would've been the perfect guy for him to tag along and keep the east coast ties, while having Hart and Bland hold down the west.
This is beautiful. It just goes to show that the next wave is in place for the Syracuse Basketball Coaching Staff when JB finally decides to step aside.

One has got to ask themselves, "What impetus is there for JB to step down considering we are about to embark into a new conference and we are in the midst of our greatest recruiting run in decades. Jimmy B has perfected the recipe for the Boeheim Zone and can do more with less more than ever before. ( In know that reads crazy) I don't think there is any way JB leaves before McCullough has played a season. The pieces for a Championship team are falling nicely into place.

Francis - thanks for the updates! A couple of questions for the board:

1. How many of our current recruits/players do you think will jump early? Certainly McCollough. Grant, Roberson,Bryant seem like candidates to bolt early. And specifically how long do you think we have with Ennis? It just seems like the first step in the recruiting process is knowing how many and what spots need to be filled. Looks like recruiting is in hyper drive and was wondering if losing people is partly driving it.

2. Do you see anyone who can develop into giving us a post game again? We currently have DC2 and Grant. Of the new ones coming in maybe Roberson? It seems like it takes a while for the bigs to develop this at the collegiate level and is tough to get because talented bigs don't seem to stay that long.
Here's who I would guess leave early, in decreasing order of years at SU
McCullough 1-2
Roberson 1-3
Grant 2-3
Ennis 3-4

Also, Roberson has a great low post game. DC2 and Tyler would seem to have the best inside chances for scoring, but just not sure that's how they utilize Roberson next year. Still, I expect more inside scoring points next year as compared to this year, from any of DC2, CJ, Grant and Roberson.

That Joseph article. The kid definitely views this as a business decision. What he is looking for in a school, we have it. We've put 3 guards into the lottery in the past 4 years (assuming MCW lands there), and we have the versatile bigs he's looking for. On top of that, we are his "dream school" although that is usually the kiss of death. In all seriousness, we seem to have exactly what he is looking for. Other than maybe the fact that Ennis will probably have the starting PG role locked down for the next few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom