Thoughts Fwtw | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts Fwtw

Hoov50

Starter
It is amazing to me how much of our "fan" base can go from thinking we are absolutely unbeatable to thinking we are "an early out." All I have been hearing is how we are not as good as we were earlier in the season...and apparently that has nothing competition being better late in the season...

Early and before the season started everyone was saying how we would be lucky to go 3-2 our last 5 games. We went 5-0 against the toughest part of our schedule. The games were close, but apparently we should have destroyed these teams because against what was already predetermined as the weaker portion of our schedule we destroyed those teams.

The SU fan base, which I am a part of, goes from cloud nine to the depths of hell as quickly as any group in the country. It really sounds like many of our "fans" have been wanting us to lose games. Now that we have finally lost a game against a pretty good team who had their best shooting half, in probably the history of the school, everyone can point to this game and say "these are the reasons why we won't go far in the tournament."

I am not going to say we will win it all, but some close games against good competition hasn't made me think we don't have a better chance than almost everyone else in the country.

first off given our spotted tourney history i truly don't believe there is a single team in the nation that doesn't think that given the chance they can't take us down early in the tourney.
secondly i seldom if ever care what the rest of the fan base thinks and worry or waste ink about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom