Thoughts on the Game | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on the Game

T

TrickySU

1. The offensive line was very disappointing. Nassib didn't have a lot of time and it hurt our passing game. We also had a tough time running the ball because of it.

2. We had too many let downs on defense on 3rd down. Too much soft zone coverage where Wake Forest players were left WIDE open many times.

3. Twice our defense let Wake Forest score a touchdown after our offense scored a touchdown. This kills momentum and we can't win games if we do that.

4. Over time I think Bailey will become a very good running back who is shifty and can break out for a long touchdown run multiple times throughout the year.

5. Van Chew proved that he is the #1 reciever for this team and Alec Lemon also had some good catches.

Overall the first half and most of the third quarter was plain horrible. Price getting hurt really hurt Wake Forest and it might be the reason we won. Our offense started to play better as the game went on and hopefully this is a sign of good things to come. Defensively I think we will only get better and we got some much needed experience during this game. Rhode Island should be an easy win and then it will be interesting to see how we do against USC. No matter what it should be fun and exciting.

A bad win is always better than a good loss!

We're just getting started & most seasons theres a marked difference in how a team plays in the 2nd game.

I expect a good performance next game & momentum heading to USC.

LGO:cool:

not sure the soft coverage was a result of too much zone.. i thought it was too many times the db's got turned around and much of that was because they had to cover for too long

not sure the soft coverage was a result of too much zone.. i thought it was too many times the db's got turned around and much of that was because they had to cover for too long
This is true. We really didn't get as much pressure on their quarterback as I thought we would. It seems that we really don't have one guy that can just get to the quarterback alot. Maybe Chandler Jones can be that guy, but right now I'm not sure that there is anybody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom