Thoughts on the Latest Depth Chart | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Thoughts on the Latest Depth Chart

Someone (Nolan?) asked about Spruill being listed at OLB instead of MLB. Marrone rambled on about injuries and those being injured needing to win their jobs back and spots on the depth chart don't mean much right now. Rahme followed up and said so is Spruill starting out at OLB? Marrone said yes, and looked utterly annoyed, just looked away from Rahme. It was almost as if he wanted them to stop harping on it because opponents would more easily notice the change.
What's weird to me is if you want to play the riddle wrapped in a mystery inside an enigma game, the first time you're asked about the position change you can say something like "Coming out of the spring we realized some of our defensive players offered more versatility than we anticipated so we're going to be shuttling a few players this preseason into a couple of different looks to see what kind of chaos we can cause." That would seem to me to create a lot more uncertainty for the opponent than hemming and hawing about injuries and depth charts and being annoyed that you get pressed for an answer you didn't provide, if creating uncertainty is your goal.

But, you know, I've lost 20 fewer games as a head football coach than the guy that was asked the question so it's not like I have any credentials (bazinga).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom