Three BE bubble teams... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Three BE bubble teams...

Their rpi coming into today was in the 40s and they lost to Iona by six at Iona.

There is a mid major with a similar resume in the 40's almost every year.

Its not even that I don't want teams like Nevada in the tournament. When I have picked my teams in the past, I always picked one of these teams and they inevitably don't get in. Its more based on history - these type of teams don't get in.

They do have one win against a team that will be likely be an auto in the top 12 seeds or an at large. The Washington win will be treated like a 26-50 type victory. Problem is that is 1-3 vs top 50... and those teams don't get the benefit of the doubt historically. It sucks that a team that is 3-8 gets more credit, but that is the way it goes. If they try to be them on even ground with a margin ranking it will hurt Nevada.

I like Iona's chances more.

Also, you can't say I told you unless you list your full field on Selection Sunday.

lol, not too much east coast bias, eh? You ignore SHU and USF's mediocre resume and yet ridicule that of Nevada. I hate the rpi but would just point out they have a rpi in the top 50. That would seem to indicate they have a bit better than zero chance. You go 13-1 in your league then you're going to get at least some consideration. They've won 23 of their last 25 with one of the losses a triple OT road loss.

I stand by the original stance of jncuse which I agreed with that Nevada has zero chance of an at-large bid.

I know this because of the other 5 or 6 times that Nevada has had similar regular season results, flamed out in their conference tourney (as they usually do) and made it as an at-large. In every one of these cases they had a Top 50 win, had an RPI in the 40s and had an SOS in the low 100s.

Btw, when you posted the above response Nevada's RPI had already fallen from 48 to the 60s with their loss to Louisiana Tech yesterday. Something you should have realized would happen since you seem semi-intelligent on the topic at hand.

Cheers,
Neil

I stand by the original stance of jncuse which I agreed with that Nevada has zero chance of an at-large bid.

I know this because of the other 5 or 6 times that Nevada has had similar regular season results, flamed out in their conference tourney (as they usually do) and made it as an at-large. In every one of these cases they had a Top 50 win, had an RPI in the 40s and had an SOS in the low 100s.

Btw, when you posted the above response Nevada's RPI had already fallen from 48 to the 60s with their loss to Louisiana Tech yesterday. Something you should have realized would happen since you seem semi-intelligent on the topic at hand.

Cheers,
Neil

Thanks for the semi-condescending reply, Neil. You offering 10 to 1 like jncuse?

As for what happened in the past with nevada- wasn't it you that said the bubble was really soft this year?

Lastly, how am I know supposed to anticipate that a team's rpi would drop by 15 spots with one loss. That just underscores the absurdity of the rpi. When a team wins 23 of their last 25 and the two losses are both on the road with one in triple OT then I think you'd have to say, at least if you are semi-intelligent, that they have a better than zero chance of making the tourney.

Thanks for the semi-condescending reply, Neil. You offering 10 to 1 like jncuse?

As for what happened in the past with nevada- wasn't it you that said the bubble was really soft this year?

Lastly, how am I know supposed to anticipate that a team's rpi would drop by 15 spots with one loss. That just underscores the absurdity of the rpi. When a team wins 23 of their last 25 and the two losses are both on the road with one in triple OT then I think you'd have to say, at least if you are semi-intelligent, that they have a better than zero chance of making the tourney.

Here's how RPI works at this time of year, usually between 40-60 there is only a difference of .01 in RPI.

You go into the day at #58 and beat a high RPI team you leave the day at #40 (Cincy)

You go into the day at #48 and lose to a low RPI team you leave the day at #63 (Nevada).

Happens every year at this time.

Maybe I gave you too much credit. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

Here's how RPI works at this time of year, usually between 40-60 there is only a difference of .01 in RPI.

You go into the day at #58 and beat a high RPI team you leave the day at #40 (Cincy)

You go into the day at #48 and lose to a low RPI team you leave the day at #63 (Nevada).

Happens every year at this time.

Maybe I gave you too much credit. ;)

Cheers,
Neil

In my general experience most of the people I know that say cheers are British. Maybe that explains your basketball knowledge. ;)

And your example above perfectly illustrates the comical nature of the rpi. One game out of 30+ can move a team 15 spots in the rpi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom