Thursday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Thursday Bubble Schedule and Game Discussion

I bet almost anything MTSU gets in...all based on their NON conference SOS of 9. the committee will overlook the fact that they didnt actually do well in those games..it only matters that they played them.

MTSU is 3-3 in Quad 1 games and 2-1 in Quad 2 games. In other words, they are 5-4 vs. "decent" teams. They went 18-3 vs. Q3 and Q4, including 11-1 in Q4.

OOC they beat Murray State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss; but lost to Miami, USC, Auburn and Belmont.

They essentially beat a good mid major and 2 of the weaker P5 teams and lost to a good mid-major and 3 average to above average P5 teams. I don't think that's enough.

MTSU is 3-3 in Quad 1 games and 2-1 in Quad 2 games. In other words, they are 5-4 vs. "decent" teams. They went 18-3 vs. Q3 and Q4, including 11-1 in Q4.

OOC they beat Murray State, Vanderbilt and Ole Miss; but lost to Miami, USC, Auburn and Belmont.

They essentially beat a good mid major and 2 of the weaker P5 teams and lost to a good mid-major and 3 average to above average P5 teams. I don't think that's enough.
They lost in the quarterfinals to sub 200 team that’s inexcusable they should be out

VCU got in last year to the play-in with a similar resume/metrics. They finished 24-7 overall and 14-4 in the A10.

Major difference here is while VCU was only 1-4 in Q1 games, they were 8-2 in Q2 games. They also were 7-0 in Quad 4 games.

They lost in the quarterfinals they should be out
While I agree, that doesn't matter. It's who they lost to, not when they lost. There's no more "Last 10". It was a terrible loss, no getting around it. The only team at or near the bubble with a loss like is Providence, who has 2 Q4 losses

not that i heard.. they were mostly reviewing games from yesterday

yeah they said no way MTSU gets in.. awful schedule and lost to awful team in quarters.

While I agree, that doesn't matter. It's who they lost to, not when they lost. There's no more "Last 10". It was a terrible loss, no getting around it. The only team at or near the bubble with a loss like is Providence, who has 2 Q4 losses

Guys, Im not saying that they should be in. Im telling you the committee is going to let them in based on the OOC strength of schedule. The committee has more than anything else the past few years, rewarded teams that challenge themselves in scheduling the games they have a choice in. This should also help us, but I think it will definitely push MTSU over the top

MTSU is done.

They are like St. Mary’s without the home over Gonzaga.
MTSU has a ton of wins and away from home but they don’t have resume wins.
They lost to Miami and USC in Hawaii.
Beat Vandy, Ole Miss and dominated a weak CUSA.

The committee is probably going to make the CUSA champion a 15 seed they aren’t getting an at-large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom