Tidbits | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tidbits

if they wanted to raise money for the IPF - they should have kept his reinstatement in doubt and launched a PPV coverage of the appeal.

Talked to someone last night very close to the Southerland situation. He says that he is very optimistic about the outcome, and there are people that are going to bat for him within the University. Encouraging news.

Also said people on team are noticing MCW's one-man band act - and it is growing tiresome. Not saying there is discontent amongst the group, but it is something to keep an eye on for sure.

Zelda, I don't know who you are, but everyone seems to respect you, so I was glad to hear those tidbits. I hope someone can encourage MCW to be his best self, whether player or coach. I would think it would be up to the coach. I do remember JB had to do some sprightly psychological dancing when Edelin joined the team in 03. Success!

Zelda, I don't know who you are, but everyone seems to respect you, so I was glad to hear those tidbits. I hope someone can encourage MCW to be his best self, whether player or coach. I would think it would be up to the coach. I do remember JB had to do some sprightly psychological dancing when Edelin joined the team in 03. Success!
Are you saying Zeldazonk is SUfan44-? That would be interesting.

I'm a big fan of these tidbits.
(well, at least one of the bits anyway)
:)

The hatred towards MCW is incredible. If our team had players that were capable of handling the ball in tight spaces, it wouldn't be up to him to make every decision for the team. Without him, we'd probably be in the bottom half of the big east this year.

Hatred is strong word, but I agree with your premise about overreactions on the board. If James comes back, I think he will be less selfish with the ball. There seems to be a trust between the two of them. As mentioned many time on this forum, James opens up the court for others like Triche and some of our bigs---then, the spaces might not be as tight.

This is not meant to let MCW off the hook for his recent play. It takes maturity to adapt to new situations, and he still needs to trust the teammates he has now, regardless of their struggles. His post game interviews and comments seem to focus on blaming himself for the losses, but not for the same reasons that many of us who watch the games believe. I don't recall him saying things like, "I need to find my teammates". I think he said something to the effect of "If I don't play well, we won't win". It is good for him to have some humility, but IMHO it comes off more like--'There is nobody else on the team that can make the plays, if I have a bad day."

My apologies if this post comes off as psycho-babble. My reaction to those comments are more of a gut feeling than anything else. I do think he will mature rapidly and play well again soon.

Mikey can have fun in the NBA, unfortunately he's not a leader and we will be doomed because of it. All the people who hated on Scoop should see now what he brought to this team in terms of leadership and determination without the most talent in the world. MCW is the opposite, he has all the talent in the world but no leadership and pure selfishness.
Mike is just young. In the old days he would develop maturity over a four-year college career and be a gifted player and leader at the end of it. But the cash beckons, ready or not. Too bad if he jumps to the NBA after this year.

Thanks Cisco. It's a snowy owl. They amuse me because they are beautiful and have such an interesting story. There is actually a pretty small bird inside that huge down coat.
No mistaken this bird as a wise old owl. It looks like it is out for blood!

If I were St. John's, I'd prepare for a dirty game.

St. Johns fans over at there board are going to have a meltdown, they have been predicting for weeks he would get eligible for there game just like fab last year. There calling it a conspiracy.

Are you saying Zeldazonk is SUfan44-? That would be interesting.
No! I don't know how I attributed SUfan44's remarks to Zelda. I may need to see a neurologist. In the meantime, who is this poster whom everyone seems to know but me? I feel like I'm on the outside looking in, which reminds me of 7th grade. Help!

No! I don't know how I attributed SUfan44's remarks to Zelda. I may need to see a neurologist. In the meantime, who is this poster whom everyone seems to know but me? I feel like I'm on the outside looking in, which reminds me of 7th grade. Help!
John Syracuse might be able to help you.

he posts mainly on the pay side...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

The hatred towards MCW is incredible. If our team had players that were capable of handling the ball in tight spaces, it wouldn't be up to him to make every decision for the team. Without him, we'd probably be in the bottom half of the big east this year.

He's starting alongside a guy who started at the point for a year (and who half this board insists is a natural point guard better suited to that position). Point guards who played alongside the likes of Jason Cipolla, Matt Roe, and Tony Bland should have been so fortunate.

Realorange nailed it in his post: a.) no one "hates" him; b.) he's the point guard (and a highly regarded one at that) - his job is to make good decisions with the ball, just like everyone who's played the position before him. The selfishness, missed layups, and freshman year Jason Hart -quality shot selection are pretty low-hanging fruit as far as criticism goes.

Also, we're kind of an entitled group and have been spoiled by watching one of the best point guards (surrounded by better talent) in school history for the past couple years. Funny that the rest of the fan base is finally coming around on that one...

No, i'm not that other guy.

And, i, too, was glad to hear those "tidbits." My comment was only meant to imply that these bits of 'information' are more significant than what might be labeled "tidbits."

I think sometimes the fans here allow the press clipping to go to their heads just as much as they accuse MCW of allowing them to go to his head. Just because he's been projected to be a lottery pick and all sorts of praise has been heaped upon him does not mean that he is a finished product by any means. He is still just a sophomore - really a first year player. With all but a very few guys in his position there are going to be growing pains and they aren't going to necessarily live up to all of the hype that being projected as a lottery pick may yield.

Guys are one and done or two and gone, but that doesn't mean that they are more ready for the NBA or more complete players than the guys before them that didn't have the opportunity to go pro after one or two college seasons e.g. Sherman, Pearl, Autry....yet I think we as fans look at the MCWs, Flynns and Waiters and hear lottery pick and think they should be playing at the same level as those guys played as seniors (or in Pearl's case as a junior)....well a guy like MCW and Waiters and probably Flynn before him aren't fully developed as players yet because they haven't had the developmental time so there are going to be growing pains as they gain experience, grow and mature. Give the guy some slack...he is not a finished product, not even close. Saturday was probably the first (maybe second if you count Louisville) time that he has ever faced defensive intensity like he did against Pitt in an environment like that. Next time around might look a whole lot different.

In all fairness, this is really only his 22 collegiate start. The bashing started after about his 12th start or so. Since we've already deemed him gone after this year, we're not giving him that learning and maturing curve that he probably deserves.

We just don't have anyone in the lockerroom (from a player perspective) that will say anything, so it'll have to come from a coach. MCW has to understand we are best when he is distributing and Fair, Triche, and even Rak are getting their looks. We really need JS back.
This is what we should expect of Triche, not a coach.. Leadership has to come from within.

Also said people on team are noticing MCW's one-man band act - and it is growing tiresome. Not saying there is discontent amongst the group, but it is something to keep an eye on for sure.

I mean, how can anyone get mad when his shooting percentages are:

.359 FG
.275 3FG

/snark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online