Tiger.net | Syracusefan.com

Tiger.net

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
was checking out board, what a bunch of tools, reminded me of the s on the Va Tech board from the old days

They certainly like jumping to conclusions over there. If they did a little more research into the things they're trashing ('Cuse fan base, Carrier Dome, Terrel Hunt, etc.) they'd change their tune.

We really should post a warning message to all our future ACC opponents, on their boards, that they should avoid Syracuse.com message boards like the Black Death.

We really should post a warning message to all our future ACC opponents, on their boards, that they should avoid Syracuse.com message boards like the Black Death.
They've "visited" here too. Check out the expert analysis from this guy.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=1274656&tstart=0

After reading the articles here and glancing at syracusefan.com, I have concluded there is no way we win Saturday and I'm going to ask D Rad to forfeit. Here's why:

1. There may be as many as 40K Syracuse fans in the dome.
2. It will be very loud because it's in a dome and the noise has no way to escape. This is dramatically different from the games we've played in the Georgia Dome for the last several years because apparently there is a way for the noise to escape there in addition to the fact that Auburn, LSU, Alabama, and Tennessee fans are not as rabid as Syracuse fans.
3. It will be hot in the dome. Maybe as hot as 85 degrees. We may melt during warm-ups.
4. They have an NFL caliber tackle that will neutralize an undersized Vic Beasley. We have never faced an NFL caliber player so our whole defense will be in awe. I suspect we may have to employ the Clowney strategy and rush Vic from the other side.
5. They are fast on offense and defense. There is SEC speed and then there is ex-Big East speed. There is light years difference between the two.
6. Their quarterback is better than ours. He has led them to score more than 50 points in their last two games against tough competition.
7. Their quarterback's teammates also know he's better than Boyd. Their running back says so. Even their running back's grandmother, Ima, says their #10 is better than ours.

1. There will be well more than 40k Syracuse fans in the Dome.
2. The Carrier Dome is completely different than the larger and more spacious Georgia Dome.
3. It sounds weird but it's a different kind of heat in the Dome.
4. Selling Hickey short, that's fine because I've honestly never heard of Beasley.
5. The Syracuse defense isn't blazing fast, but we're not slow either.
6 & 7. Terrel Hunt and Tajh Boyd are two completely different individuals. I've read up on both if their lives. They're polar opposites. There's a very good reason why Syracuse fans and players have rallied around Terrel, and it's not what Clemson fans think.

was checking out board, what a bunch of tools, reminded me of the s on the Va Tech board from the old days

I was one of the first posters on Tigernet many years ago. In fact, when they added a news page to the site, one of the first stories to appear there was the write up of the 41-0 shellacking that your Donovan McNabb team laid on us on New Year's Day 1996. It is still perhaps the best site for Clemson news on the internet. David Hood and the Tigernet staff do a great job of covering Clemson's athletic programs. Just try to stay on the front page.

As for the chat room and message boards, I met several lifelong friends there. Almost none of us chat or post there today. The majority of Tigernet posters are still great people. The problem is that there are about 50 imbeciles who seem to hang there 24/7. I don't know if it's because they are just so comfortable in their parent's basement that they never want to wander outdoors or if it's because of one of those pesky ankle bracelets. Either way, they speak boldly and with great authority on subjects about which they have no working knowledge. You should have been there when we hired Dabo Swinney. The general consensus on the board then was that we would be lucky to join the Southern Conference in a few years, that it would take us years to rebuild from the impending disaster that "goat boy" would bring to the program and that the only correct choice for the job was Mike Leach.

Trust me, when you meet us in person this weekend or next year at Clemson you're going to wonder where all these geniuses are.

I'm telling you. It's the ankle bracelets.

I like the 1999 style message board. Lol

A lot of them are still fighting the civil war down there, so it makes sense that their message board set up would be outdated and ancient.

A lot of them are still fighting the civil war down there, so it makes sense that their message board set up would be outdated and ancient.

The daguerreotypes make more sense now.

The Dome is an under-rated game day experience. When the Dome is rocking, i think its better than anywhere else I've been. The tailgating is awful, and improvement is the one thing that would really help the program's gameday experience.

I've been to Penn State, Buffalo (Bills), North Caroline, UVa, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Notre Dame. I think the electricity in the Dome when it's rocking is just about at the top of college football. I've never been to the real Death Valley (Louisiana), but I get the sense it's like that when everyone's going crazy.

( PS - I was gonna say we should call ourselves death valley too, because apparently you can just do that, but we're really up on a hill)

that was an annoying read. talk about feeling superior. you would think us northern boys have never heard of the game called football.

that was an annoying read. talk about feeling superior. you would think us northern boys have never heard of the game called football.

I really hope the players have the same cockiness. That's one ingredient in these arse kickings in the dome. WVU and Louisville both had similar dismissive attitudes before the doors locked behind them. Shafer loves to beat the arrogance out of them.

That's been addressed - apparently when you join - it's layout gets better
Nope, still sucks. Very Missouri- esque

The Dome is an under-rated game day experience. When the Dome is rocking, i think its better than anywhere else I've been. The tailgating is awful, and improvement is the one thing that would really help the program's gameday experience.

I've been to Penn State, Buffalo (Bills), North Caroline, UVa, Vanderbilt, Michigan, Notre Dame. I think the electricity in the Dome when it's rocking is just about at the top of college football. I've never been to the real Death Valley (Louisiana), but I get the sense it's like that when everyone's going crazy.

( PS - I was gonna say we should call ourselves death valley too, because apparently you can just do that, but we're really up on a hill)

I want to believe this, have wanted it for 25+ years. But this is just SO FAR from true. I've been fortunate to see college football all over the country for many years, and we aren't even...on the best day...in the top 25%.

Not taking pride in that. I frigging hate it. But we should at least be realistic.

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1

I want to believe this, have wanted it for 25+ years. But this is just SO FAR from true. I've been fortunate to see college football all over the country for many years, and we aren't even...on the best day...in the top 25%.

Not taking pride in that. I frigging hate it. But we should at least be realistic.

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -
Are you answering the atmosphere/tailgating part of his quote or the football part? Cuz I've been all over the country too and a rockin dome is better than every place you've mentioned. We can't hold a candle to any of them atmosphere wise, but from a tough place to play standpoint, we are easily in the top 10% (when 45,000+ and not noon. lol)

edit: after re-reading your post, I think you are actually saying what i just said. haha. my bad

As was mentioned we have another board in syracuse dominated by what seems like 13 year olds

44cuse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk -
Tail gating and pre game rituals we are in the bottom 20 %. The dome as a difficult and noisy place to play ( when its at its best ) were in the top 10% and I have been to a lot of college stadiums

Using stadium size logic I'm sure Clemson fans agree that Cameron Indoor is a shitty basketball venue.
Not to mention "Littlejohn Coliseum". That has to be the smallest "coliseum" on the planet. Then again, it seats a few hundred more than Dook's gym. CMeron must really suck. I mean, how much noise can 9,200 kids make?

Why wouldn't Clemson be trashing Syracuse? If they went up against EJ Manuel at Doak Campbell last year at 8 pm, do you think a 45K dome makes them nervous? I think when the coaches/players opened their mouths this week it set off the fanbase.

Why wouldn't Clemson be trashing Syracuse? If they went up against EJ Manuel at Doak Campbell last year at 8 pm, do you think a 45K dome makes them nervous? I think when the coaches/players opened their mouths this week it set off the fanbase.
Couldn't agree more. Those fans are going to play so much harder now. wait, what?

Tell yourself whatever you need to. The guys believe the can win and said as much. Sorry we didn't kiss the ring. Go back to tigerskynet.geocities.com and continue to make hay over nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom