Tiger... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger...

I wouldn't call it a comeback, its the heroes classic, lets take it easy.

You make it sound like he is playing against a bunch of senior players.

This is a serious field even if not a major. The other 17 players in the field include 8 of the world's top 10 players. The other 9 players are all ranked between #11 to #32.

2000 US Open at Pebble Beach was the most dominant a golfer ever was.
Then he destroyed St. Andrew’s and the Open.

2000 Tiger destroys any field.

Tiger helped create these players we have now but at his peak he personifies dominance.
His Ryder Cup play is his only blemish as a golfer.

Sergio becomes Tiger at the Ryder Cup and Tiger becomes a bum.

And even the Ryder Cup isn't really a blemish, it's just a feather in his cap that Tiger doesn't have. Not a big deal. Success in golf is measured in majors. I would love to see Tiger dominating golf again. I doubt he ever returns to year 2000 Tiger but a couple more major wins would remind people of just how good Tiger really is 'cause they all musta forgot.

You make it sound like he is playing against a bunch of senior players.

This is a serious field even if not a major. The other 17 players in the field include 8 of the world's top 10 players. The other 9 players are all ranked between #11 to #32.

Its one tournament, wake me when he plays well for a few tourneys, or makes the cut in a major.

Its one tournament, wake me when he plays well for a few tourneys, or makes the cut in a major.
For those of us who love to watch Tiger play at the level he's shown in two rounds, this is very exciting. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.
One more interesting stat--Tiger won 1 out of every 3 tournaments he played in.

For those of us who love to watch Tiger play at the level he's shown in two rounds, this is very exciting. I'm sorry you don't feel the same.
One more interesting stat--Tiger won 1 out of every 3 tournaments he played in.

I admit I root against the guy, but it just kind of seems kind of desperately trying to cling onto something that isn't there, this guy was supposed to be the greatest of all time, and fell off a cliff. Playing a couple of good rounds doesn't mean he is back.

Like everything else, golf has changed. Colin Montgomery said last year that if tiger was in his prime right now, he would be no better than 7th in the world. Fat Mike on the fan asked his golf guy and his golf guy said that is 100% true.

They're both so wrong it's laughable. Tiger in his prime was far better than any golfer in the history of the game. And his prime was about 15 years.

Woods won the Vardon Trophy for lowest scoring average nine times. In the last four years the winners were Rory, Spieth, DJ, Spieth. Tiger's winning average was better than every single one of them in 8 out of the 9 years that he won. Last year Spieth won with a 68.85. Tiger had a record 67.79 average twice (in '07 and '00) with much different technology.

I admit I root against the guy, but it just kind of seems kind of desperately trying to cling onto something that isn't there, this guy was supposed to be the greatest of all time, and fell off a cliff. Playing a couple of good rounds doesn't mean he is back.

He already is the GOAT. Now he's going to add to it.

No doubt the talent is still there, but whether Tiger's body can hold up to the rigors of preparing for and playing even a limited tournament schedule remains to be seen.

Like everything else, golf has changed. Colin Montgomery said last year that if tiger was in his prime right now, he would be no better than 7th in the world. Fat Mike on the fan asked his golf guy and his golf guy said that is 100% true.

100% False. Woods scoring average in 2000 is the lowest in PGA Tour history, both adjusted, 67.79, and unadjusted, 68.17. Woods has the lowest career scoring average in PGA Tour history.

jack vs tiger is a great debate.. but anyone who knows golf, and that is people far wiser than most of us, knows its jack by a mile.

top 10 golfers of all time

jack had to beat player/watson/palmer in the prime of their game. Woods had to beat no one of that level.

top 20of all time

jack had player/watson/palmer/norman/casper/faldo/trevino/seve/

tiger has rory?/phil

jack has 20 and had multiple stolen by all time greats. Tiger basically won every time he played well

top 5 is 56 to 31.. almost twice as many . did anyone watch the Jack special on golf channel when the showed the records to guys like Rory and their eyes bugged out..

56 top 5's twice a year for 28 years..

Tiger looked to be rocking a dad bod these past two days. Gotta lose that gut. He looked out of shape a bit, sweating a lot, which is understandable since it's been so long since the juices have been flowing.

If, and it's as big an if as there is, his back can hold up, I bet he has a good 2018 season. I just don't know if he'lol stay healthy long enough to really get his groove back. I hope so. Tiger being good is great for golf and brings back a ton of viewers.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he makes it through the weekend unscathed. Then he can really start building towards something.

Jack played against casual golfers the competition only improves over time like all sports.

Dash I love you but that’s one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard...change your listening preferences. Colin’s a dope.

Tiger looked to be rocking a dad bod these past two days. Gotta lose that gut. He looked out of shape a bit, sweating a lot, which is understandable since it's been so long since the juices have been flowing.

If, and it's as big an if as there is, his back can hold up, I bet he has a good 2018 season. I just don't know if he'lol stay healthy long enough to really get his groove back. I hope so. Tiger being good is great for golf and brings back a ton of viewers.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed he makes it through the weekend unscathed. Then he can really start building towards something.
You guys and your ability to analyze athlete “bods”...that dude would take his shirt off and laugh at us all. He looks good

It’s early but if you know golf it’s easy to see this is different.

You guys and your ability to analyze athlete “bods”...that dude would take his shirt off and laugh at us all. He looks good

tiger-woods-ya-ll-o.gif

It is highly unlikely that he'll be able to return to anywhere near the level he once was, at least not on a consistent basis. It is quite doubtful that he will hold up to the rigors that the rotational stresses of the sport requires.

As someone who works in the back care field one or two surgeries leave the lumbar spine compromised and structurally deficient let alone four surgeries. Let alone a fusion surgery where one can only hope all the hardware holds up under normal life circumstances, forget a professional golfer.

Lumbar fusion outcomes in Washington State workers' compensation. - PubMed - NCBI
Failed back surgery syndrome: current perspectives

He will come no where near reaching what Jack achieved and it's quite likely he'll have issues the rest of his life. It's too bad and has been sad to see. Here's hoping he can get a good stretch for a few weeks here and there and win a couple more, anything else would be near miraculous.

It is highly unlikely that he'll be able to return to anywhere near the level he once was, at least not on a consistent basis. It is quite doubtful that he will hold up to the rigors that the rotational stresses of the sport requires.

As someone who works in the back care field one or two surgeries leave the lumbar spine compromised and structurally deficient let alone four surgeries. Let alone a fusion surgery where one can only hope all the hardware holds up under normal life circumstances, forget a professional golfer.

Lumbar fusion outcomes in Washington State workers' compensation. - PubMed - NCBI
Failed back surgery syndrome: current perspectives

He will come no where near reaching what Jack achieved and it's quite likely he'll have issues the rest of his life. It's too bad and has been sad to see. Here's hoping he can get a good stretch for a few weeks here and there and win a couple more, anything else would be near miraculous.
Nowhere near Jack? Huh? He’s right there...wins...majors...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom