Tiger... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Tiger...

I know it’s only a 78 man field but leader by 2 after two rounds of the Zozo!!

And with the Monday finish over there I think we’re gonna get Tiger in prime time Sunday night trying to win a PGA event.

Edit: OX, can you move this to Pro sports board. didn’t know it was on hoops side

Reactions: CIL

And with the Monday finish over there I think we’re gonna get Tiger in prime time Sunday night trying to win a PGA event.

Edit: OX, can you move this to Pro sports board. didn’t know it was on hoops side

I made it through the 15th, then fell asleep. If he wins this, or even just finishes near the top, I think it’ll be enough to justify selecting himself for the Presidents Cup. He’s right in the mix for the last spot based on points right now.

Reactions: CIL
I made it through the 15th, then fell asleep. If he wins this, or even just finishes near the top, I think it’ll be enough to justify selecting himself for the Presidents Cup. He’s right in the mix for the last spot based on points right now.

Hes the goat. No further justification needed, provided hes healthy.

Yup. No doubt. It’s amazing they got that course playable. There were cars outside the course that were floating down the street the day before!

Like everything else, golf has changed. Colin Montgomery said last year that if tiger was in his prime right now, he would be no better than 7th in the world. Fat Mike on the fan asked his golf guy and his golf guy said that is 100% true.

Fat Mike needs better golf guys.

I know the above post was from 2 years ago, and I critcized it then. But it was a bad assessment then and looks sillier now given that Tiger was in top 7 in the world for a good part of last season. and is nowhere near his prime. Or is Fat Mike and Fat Monty going to say that Tiger is in his prime at 43!!

Tiger at peak prime level was the greatest player of all time. Career value the argument may lead elsewhere.

Last edited:
Fat Mike needs better golf guys.

I know the above post was from 2 years ago, and I critcized it then. But it was a bad assessment then and looks sillier now given that Tiger was in top 7 in the world for a good part of last season. and is nowhere near his prime. Or is Fat Mike and Fat Monty going to say that Tiger is in his prime at 43!!

Tiger at peak prime level was the greatest player of all time. Career value the argument may lead elsewhere.
It wasn't just Monty. He has another golf pro on his show ( am not a regular listener, thank God,) so I don't know if this guy still comes on his show, but he said the same thing. It's not just golf, however. I do think the best players today are playing at a different level than the players of just 20 years ago. In every sport. Bigger, stronger. In golf, equipment has a lot to do with that.

It is a 78 man field, but the OWGR Ranking is 64 (on a scale of 100), and has 31 of the top 50 players in the world playing this week. If they added another 42-78 players (events are 120, 144 or 156 players), it would not make it a much harder event given the next in line players would all be outside of the top 100.

It's by far the top field so far in the 2019/2020 so far... but will be surpassed next week.

It's so strange to watch an event with no fans allowed in.

It's so strange to watch an event with no fans allowed in.
Not to me. When I play, no one comes to watch. Good thing to because if there were any time when people were that close to my shots, I think I would be arrested for depraved indifference.

Up 3 with 7 holes to play. Starts at 6:30 tonight I think. Great storyline with home hero Hideki behind him

Last edited:
Just incredible to see something like this. At one time it was a given that he would get to 100 titles and then for a long time it was going to be that he would never win again. In most sports you expect records to be broken over time, but I am not sure anyone beats Tiger's final number. At least not in our lifetime.

Whether he wants to play or not, the networks will put incredible pressure on him to play -- the President's Cup is not the Ryder Cup -- it needs the extra buzz of him playing.

I have never seen this photo before. Back together again.

Attachments

• tw.jpg
    tw.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 22
Like everything else, golf has changed. Colin Montgomery said last year that if tiger was in his prime right now, he would be no better than 7th in the world. Fat Mike on the fan asked his golf guy and his golf guy said that is 100% true.
IMO, that is wrong. Tiger's biggest strentght was between the ears.

IMO, that is wrong. Tiger's biggest strentght was between the ears.

Agreed 100% as well as the intimidation factor he had over the competition and the only guy I see out there right now that would have the sack to Tiger on would be Koepka. That would have been great peak Tiger versus Brooks on major Sundays.

Montgomery is a bitter old dude who choked away more tournaments than he ever won.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom