Tim Green makes the front page | Syracusefan.com

Tim Green makes the front page

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
NY_PS.jpg

the school board was supposed to release it's final report about two weeks ago...nothing will happen until after the season.

really makes you wonder.and everyone around here has known that this was going on for sometime.

wrong addresses,his own law firm representing the players,mother and siblings still living in syracuse does not favor greene's position here

there are a few things in there that really seem odd, there are also a few things in there that seem like gross fabrications

Good ole Skan town! Take a village to raise a child or some garbage. This type of crap has been going on for ages in high school football. Only problem is everyone in Skan Town likes to know each others business.

Retro has told me some of the stuff...but this stuff is nothing to what goes on down South.

I think this story has some truth, some made up stuff and a whole lot of envy and jealousy.

Retro has told me some of the stuff...but this stuff is nothing to what goes on down South.

I think this story has some truth, some made up stuff and a whole lot of envy and jealousy.

I agree with you there. I'm sure a lot of the other coaches resent Tim Green for having the contacts to bring in special guests for sports camps, practices, etc.

Saturday night having a few cold ones with a friend and his brother who is a coach at Skan (different mens sport) told us that there is a ton of wrong doings here and the information would get out. I kinda thought it was bar talk, unitl i read the paper this am. Where there's smoke....

envy and jealusy by who?not the locals,they are the ones leading the charge.

the other local coaches are not talking publically

green used his summer camp as a recruiting toy to benefit one player,his son.

thats what makes this one case all wrong
Could have just sent his son to CBA and avoided the whole mess. That will probably be the final outcome anyway.

yup -- it is ok at CBA (any sport), JD (hoops), Caz (football), Skan (Hockey / lax), West Genny (Hockey / lax)

just not Skan football

envy and jealusy by who?not the locals,they are the ones leading the charge.

the other local coaches are not talking publically

green used his summer camp as a recruiting toy to benefit one player,his son.

thats what makes this one case all wrong

Ding Ding Ding we have a winner! BTW going to CBA means he has no controll over the situation.

jd.hoops=has anyone complained.

Spot on retro, in regards to J-D. All the way back in 1990, Bernard Blunt was "brought in" to the district. His knucklehead cousin Carey Blunt was also brought in. We won the state title and no one cared. We were happy to be winning. Back then, I think what they would do is move the kids into Springfield Gardens in their grandparents house for the season.

Not much of a stretch to move into the JD district if you are from the city. Springfield Gardens apartments for example are across the street from Lemoyne and may actually be in within the City boundaries.

There are a couple of things that are undisputable about Tim:
  1. He is not a stupid man.
  2. He has been dealing with jealousy and envy since he was in high school and has never let it affect him.

This has been going on for years all over Upstate NY (and the country for that matter). Nothing new.

See JD basketball, CBA, ND,...happens all over the place.

Non-story.

44cuse

Tough article.

Tim Green is a hero of mine - he stayed in Syracuse on many occassions when others would have left.

He was the cornerstone for Mac's program.

I hope all is okay.

I just read the story and kept waiting for the "Oh the horror of it" moment and it never came.

"No Section III coach has publically alleged that a player on the current Skaneateles roster was recruited." Either it didn't happen or their don't want their own players looked into.

Did the Weedsport players transfer to Skaneateles? Is Dave Circo one of their players or did he stay with Weedsport?

There's talk of an ESM and Fowler player being "recruited" but it doesn't say who or if the recruitment was successful.

The center of it is the section on Koree Reed, Malik Merritt and Khiary Gayle. According to the artcile. Reed is living with his father. Merritt is living with his father who is Gayle's cousin. There may be some question about that the article wasn't specific about any alternative scenario. Green said that residence compliance isn't his responsibility. If that's wrong, the article didn't say so.

The fact that Troy Greene was living in an apartment his father got him in Baldwinsville before Green was named the Skaneateles coach seems totally irelevant. Troy is playing for Skaneateles where he lives.

Green called in some favors to give his players coaching from NFL guys. His team has 11 asssitant coaches compared to 3 or 4 for their oppents. Three of the assistants are employees of the school district. I assume Green or a booster is paying the other coaches, if they aren't volunteers. The article didn't say that was illegal or even unethical.

The bottom line is: If this is what they have, it would be hard to justify any action against Green or his team. Much more in the way of specific facts about violations would be necessary.

The residency issue is always going to be a sticky one. But residency is fluid for a lot of families, particularly in this day and age. If the family is actually paying rent and the kid is actually living in the district with his guardian (and not commuting from Geddes Street every day) it seems that there is nothing "illegal" going on.

Green said that residence complaince isn't his responsibility. If that's wrong, the article didn't say so.

I assume Greene or a booster is paying the other coaches, if they aren't volunteers. The article didn't say that was illegal or even unethical.

I would find it very hard to believe that establishing residency is a football coaches responsibility.

Volunteer coaches are the life blood of all amateur sports. He just happens to have more people willing to devote their time to helping him than others do.

it
I just read the story and kept waiting for the "Oh the horror of it" moment and it never came.

"No Section II coach has publically alleged that aplayer on the current Skaneateles roster was recruited." Either it didn't happen or their don't want their players looked into.

Did the Weedsport players transfer to Skaneateles? Is Dave Circo one of their players or did he stay with Weedsport?

There's talk of an ESM and Fowler player being "recruited" but it doesn't say who or if the recruitment was successful.

The center of it the section on Koree Reed, Malik Merritt and Khiary Gayle. According to the artcile. Reed is living with his father. Merritt is living with his father who is Gayle's cousin. There may be some question about that the article wasn't specific about any alternative scenario. Green said that residence complaince isn't his responsibility. If that's wrong, the article didn't say so.

The fact that Troy Greene was living in an apartment his father got him in Baldwinsville before Green was named the Skaneateles coach seems totally irelevant. Troy is playing for Skaneateles where he lives.

Greene called in some favors to give his players coaching from NFL guys. His team has 11 asssitant coaches compared to 3 or 4 for their oppents. Three of the assistantsa are employees of the school district. I assume Greene or a booster is paying the other coaches, if they aren't volunteers. The article didn't say that was illegal or even unethical.

The bottom line is: If this is what they have, it would be hard to justify any action against Green or his team. Much more in the way of specific facts aobut violations would be necessary.

It's a ing witch hunt by those with agendas, either high school coaches who are getting beat like drums by Skanny, locals who don't like Tim or locals whose son was cut from the team... People can bitch about whatever they want but IMO, Tim Green will be found clean, the guy is way too smart to get inovlved in this type of nonsense, I am sure Tim is sriving the streets of Weedsport right now looking for his next playmaker.. good lord

I appreciate what Tim did on the field while at Syracuse, but I've not been a fan of his since he left the campus.

A couple of those TV shows he did were embarrassing..almost as bad, but not quite, as Jimmy Johnson (the ex football coach) hawking some phony male enhancement scam, or appearing on that high culture masterpiece..Survivor.

Something about Green...not sure what.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom