Time for a complete cleanse | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Time for a complete cleanse

Two adds here. First, I think we all should be very closely monitoring how the new coaches at Duke and UNC fare. They were both internal/alum hires. If both flop you gotta assume that gives Wildhack pause when considering Gmac or Autry. Maybe that also alleviates some pressure (if there is any?) to stay in house and opens up the door a bit more to make an outside hire. The opposite may be true if they suceed.

Second, and I've been saying this for a few years, I don't think the open Syracuse job is as attractive to the top tier candidates as many think. It's a very good job but some of those other big state schools, regardless of their history, flat out may be considered a better job in the eyes of a head coach. I think ESPN just did a survey of the most desirable jobs in CBB and schools like Baylor and Florida State (!) received votes while we received none.
You wont find a more in house AD than JW.

You wont find a more in house AD than JW.

At this point, you're just making things up.

JW ascended to the pinnacle of corporate executive leadership. He didn't get there by using hiring strategies like throwing sh--t at the wall to see what sticks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom