Time for a complete cleanse | Syracusefan.com

Time for a complete cleanse

kcsu

Living Legend
SU athletics need a fresh start. The LaCrosse move is excellent and exciting. JW needs to take the same approach with Basketball and Football.
As to Basketball my pick is GMac. Red is also deserving but i want Macs energy. We need to get our Mojo back and i believe Mac is the guy to do it.
His blood is Orange and he connects with todays kids.
I hope that Jim steps down after the season and Macs given a shot.
We need a fresh start and yes hes an insider but i think hes our best bet to get back and get back quickly.
As to Dino...

Yeah that will solve everything, promote from within. We will magically have the horses lining up to come here.
Only if its Gmac which i cant believe im promoting.
The issue isnt Syracuse basketball its our coach.
I believe Gmac allows a clean start while maintaining the SU brand.
My sense is Gmac will play both man and zone. I think he will recruit well as a head coach and i believe he will utilize his roster better.

Pay Nate Oats and get an actual fresh start.

We'll still wear orange and play games in the Carrier Dome. You are asking to be a perrenial bubble team if you are worrying about what kind of D the new coach plays. We could also go into the gutter if we make a stupid hire. Look at Pitt.

Pay Nate Oats and get an actual fresh start.

We'll still wear orange and play games in the Carrier Dome. You are asking to be a perrenial bubble team if you are worrying about what kind of D the new coach plays. We could also go into the gutter if we make a stupid hire. Look at Pitt.
Look at our football team. Granted it wasn’t stupid at the time… but keeping him is stupid.

Need to get someone with the energy to rekindle the fire of a national brand before it disappears into the night.

I would be absolutely shocked if GMac got the job over Autry and if he did I doubt it would be a reboot of any kind and not an enticement to recruits. If internal, it simply must be Red. If you want external there is probably more potential upside but also higher risk of a catastrophe.

IMO the program has gone stale to hire within would be criminal. We need to give Oats the bag and get new energy and fresh ideas in the program.
Every year Oats doesn’t get an offer makes his likelihood of accepting an offer less likely the next year. Alabama is a gold mine of resources and has woken up to the fact that “ hey we can drive the basketball bus too. like Baylor” we are finally seeing the war of attrition results that started 2 decades ago when conference musical chairs started. The SEC ( and actually all the big southern football powers from a couple conferences) with their huge TV contracts and athletic commitments and culture are going to be big factors in the CBB landscape going forward. The SEC isn’t just Kentucky and Florida in hoops anymore. Auburn and Bama have turned into major players. More and more over the next decade you will see more cash rich football schools rise in hoops. Oats will have a tough decision, because I hate to say it Alabama will shortly end up being a better job than Syracuse.

I would be absolutely shocked if GMac got the job over Autry and if he did I doubt it would be a reboot of any kind and not an enticement to recruits. If internal, it simply must be Red. If you want external there is probably more potential upside but also higher risk of a catastrophe.

Former players all want an SU guy. They don’t want to lose the tradition. Say what you want, but it matters.

The recent ones who have had success (Jerami and MCW) were Hop guys. If he doesn't get the job they probably don't care.

This is a convenient excuse to go cheap.

Uconn got a title out of Kevin Ollie before their program nosedived. I think we'd just get a 5 year trip to the gutter of the ACC. Some of the better options like Orr are too old.

Now if we get turned down by the best candidates then I guess you probably should give it to someone connected to SU hoops.

Who is coming in for 2.5 million who is better than JAB? Honest question.
I have seen a lot of posts suggesting that number as an assumed ceiling. Do we know that the University has ever publicized a figure, or acknowledged a history or policy of keeping it there? I don't see why they can't easily double that (for example) if they feel it's needed to stay competitive. Given tv and other revenues, and the ability to collateralize all that endowment dough/assets (the recent Dome improvements cost a lot; even if /when they have to go long to pay it off), wouldn't a sweet contract offer potentially pay off as an investment?

Just wondering about the specifics. Boeheim does seem like a bargain, then - but he didn't play the usual game of jumping around (and therefore up) like others do.

Last edited:
Deep deep cleanse.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211212-140855.png
    Screenshot_20211212-140855.png
    998 KB · Views: 81
Im thinking more like a nasal neti pot

Yeah that will solve everything, promote from within. We will magically have the horses lining up to come here.

It's a piss-poor strategy.

But he's been championing the "promote from within" outcome for years, so he's going to go down with the ship on that prediction.

Sadly, he got the thread title right -- that's what needs to occur.

I’m thinking more like a colonoscopy.

What if JB retires and Dean Smith's it for the new hire, hand picks the successor, kiss the ring, etc.??

In all seriousness, I hope that doesn't happen, but wouldn't be at all surprised if it did.

Some I'm sure think he's more than entitled to be program puppet master while others would be like the exploding head scene in scanners.

He isn’t exactly personable, nor has a superb recruiting record. Hop easily over GMAC if we are going with a cuse guy.
Only if its Gmac which i cant believe im promoting.
The issue isnt Syracuse basketball its our coach.
I believe Gmac allows a clean start while maintaining the SU brand.
My sense is Gmac will play both man and zone. I think he will recruit well as a head coach and i believe he will utilize his roster better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom