Time For A Shakeup... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Time For A Shakeup...

My buddy follows the (KISS) mantra no pun intended..."Wanna Make Out?"

Yeah it works! Even better at Coleman's

I walk up to the prettiest I see and walk up to them and say hello. If it's a warm reception I move in, if it's bad, I walk. never get past the third option.

Washington's most recent offers other than ours are Tulane and St. Bonaventure.

We need to hope the staff wakes up and goes all out for Tremont Waters.

Honestly, we rarely recruit people that can dribble - if he can dribble, that's good enough for me at this point.

Can he dribble?

very fair point. And I talk a lot about how bad the sanctions have hurt us. far worse than most know. Having said that, other things have hurt us as well. With the sanctions, we couldn't afford to have our two best recruiters out of the country working for someone else last summer. We just couldn't. And we have paid for it. the only reason that we were competitive was that we hit the lottery with the 5th year guys. Without them, we would have been like Boston college.

No one denies how the sanctions have hurt, but to what extent can clearly be debated. We have not fulfilled the allotment of schollies that were still available. Additionally, just as large at the sanctions then, one can clearly make the argument that the coaches evaluation on the talent they did bring in just were not P5 level, let alone to the level of an 'elite' school. Misses on Joseph, Howard, BJ, Patterson, Chino, etc., etc. have played a significant roll in our lack of overall success...the coaches own that too.

Well, you couldn't be more wrong. And that isn't a compliment for G-mac

I don't know you but I thought, Devo could turn off the 'street' very easily. I suppose there's always potential for a slip up. He's very polite and genuine in the right setting.

I said it before, I think Devendorf would do better in a parents living room than GMac.
I'd be interested to hear him explain/spin his "incidents" to an inquiring mother.

IMG_0765.JPG

I'd be interested to hear him explain/spin his "incidents" to an inquiring mother.

View attachment 91537

That's where he'd fail looking at it from the outside in. But you know what, a good talker and a good salesman can flip it around so he looks better even with questions like that.

I'm not saying Eric is that savvy but I have a feeling he is. You don't go from where he was to where he is now easily.

That's where he'd fail looking at it from the outside in. But you know what, a good talker and a good salesman can flip it around so he looks better even with questions like that.

I'm not saying Eric is that savvy but I have a feeling he is. You don't go from where he was to where he is now easily.
True. His "accolades is accolades" quote is easily one of the best in program history.

No one denies how the sanctions have hurt, but to what extent can clearly be debated. We have not fulfilled the allotment of schollies that were still available. Additionally, just as large at the sanctions then, one can clearly make the argument that the coaches evaluation on the talent they did bring in just were not P5 level, let alone to the level of an 'elite' school. Misses on Joseph, Howard, BJ, Patterson, Chino, etc., etc. have played a significant roll in our lack of overall success.

We will always have 5's that don't pan out in our system. We don't go hard after offensive bigs, it's not typically our style. Better for a shot blocking rebound machine with a 20ft wingspan. Those types of players are usually lower on the lists and present more development risk.

Sanctions and Fine had an enormous effect, even if you can't see it on paper. When high school freshmen hear about a school, they shouldn't be hearing a decade long investigation or that other thing. That other thing, definitely kept us off some lists!

I think we have been recruiting pretty great for 10+ years. Some bad early exits & injuries have disrupted our rhythm of late.

We do have some talent coming back, hopefully.

Sounds like this recent PG loss was quite unexpected? Still need a backup plan at all times. Grad transfer next year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom