Time to be honest this program is a shell of what it once was | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Time to be honest this program is a shell of what it once was

When the game started I looked at GT, rather unathletic, small, etc and though this was the type of ACC team (when we joined the conference) that we should blow out of the water.

The sluggishness of our offense is just something to behold. Frank is in Edelin land of malaise starting this offense.
Edelin had a method to his madness. He was deceptive and could pass and shoot.
Frank is still injured although he will not say so. He could not run fast enough to get that loose ball even though he had the angle on Alverez. If he were healthy things would be better. Carey is not the answer, at least not this year. I would seriously try Washington.

You don't believe this right?

ESPN: The Worldwide Leader in Sports

Is NCAAM an option on the main page? Soccer, NHL, and MMA are. NCAAF is during the season. NCAAM isn't even in the middle of the year you gotta scroll to the other sports like Tennis and WNBA and the G League. Its off peoples radar until the tournament. Sure it maters in Syracuse, NY where attendance can exceed an NBA game but no one outside of die hards care until the Dance most places.

After UNC and Duke we are the only ACC team that has done anything when it counts since we joined the ACC.

Those are the facts. We are loaded with tournament proven guys with plenty of eligibility left.

Not saying everything is rosy I'm just not crying and try to enjoy every game being important in the meat grinder that is the ACC. Yes it sucks when we lose.

You can talk about sanctions, you can talk about losing Bazley to the G leauge or WNBA or wherever he went (a major blow of course) the toughness of the ACC, or JBs age, bottom line this program is in major trouble. A few tourney runs including a miraculous final 4 run a few years ago have overshadowed the slow decline of the overall program. This year alone we have lost to a team that lost to Marshall and Fla Atlantic, a Uconn team that has lost to any team with a pulse, and now a G. Tech team that lost to Gardner Freeking Webb. SU always had the occasional WTFF loss under JB but this has reached a whole new level. Every year now were wondering how the bubble will fair this year and what side we will end up on. What happened to getting #3 or 4 seeds or god forbid the #1 seed a few years ago.

This team simply doesn't have the talent of the majority of teams in the JB era. We have a blackhole at Center and are stuck playing Dolezaj who weights 150 lbs at the position and we can't even keep him on the floor because he commits a foul every 3 minutes. A forward in Oshae who can't shoot the 3 or finish around the rim, zero guards who can drive (Frank), a turnover machine in Carey and Buddy who is clearly overmatched at this point but is still seeing minutes because the rest of the team is so bad and because honestly his dads the coach. Even Battle has been up and down at best (down the last two games badly) and the hitch in his shot looks as bad as ever.

Watching UVA and Duke today they all had guards and forwards who could handle the ball, drive and shoot and competent play at the 5.. We struggle to have 1 guy who can do that. We were 7 for 32 from 3 late in the game tonight. Why the hell are we shooting that many, where is JB, where is some semblance of an offense? Where is is the half decent big man 5 years since Rak? Its one thing to lose a tough game its another to be down 16 to Georgia Freeking Tech. I dont know what the answer is but based on next years recruiting class it doesn't appear major help is on the way unless Guerrier and Girard are lights out from the start, especially Girard as this team needs shooting in the worst way. No one is a bigger fan of JB then me but this staff at minimum needs some sort of shake up in the off-season because this is completely unacceptable. I feel like were watching Providencve or Seton Hall from the mid 2000s, we used to make fun of those awful teams on this board. Its beyond frustrating now to watch this team on a weekly basis.

Good call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom