Time to go grad transfer shopping | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Time to go grad transfer shopping

All of those accomplishments are as a player. What does being “cool” have to do with coaching and teaching kids the game? He’s unproven. He’s had exactly 1 year as a college head coach. Color me unimpressed. I think he’s cheating and arrogant to boot.

while it would surprise me if any big time program was really "clean", Penny has the resume to believe it

besides all the "cool" pro stuff, he coached HS for 5 years (2 difft schools) and won 5 State titles. He also sponsored a bigtime AAU program. one of his HS and AAU players was Wiseman. The man can coach.

while it would surprise me if any big time program was really "clean", Penny has the resume to believe it

besides all the "cool" pro stuff, he coached HS for 5 years (2 difft schools) and won 5 State titles. He also sponsored a bigtime AAU program. one of his HS and AAU players was Wiseman. The man can coach.
I don't think people know of his deep rooted history around that community. He's a legend, so much so that young kids can still relate. And when his friend who was a local legend coach died at age 41, Penny came in like superman and took over for his friend for a MIDDLE school team in the community where he grew up, in Memphis. Penny said he promised his grandmother he'd never forget where he came from and kept that promise.
Those types of things resonate with kids at the highest levels. I have no idea if he's cheating or not, but he'd have a great case for getting it done without cheating as anyone.

I don't think people know of his deep rooted history around that community. He's a legend, so much so that young kids can still relate. And when his friend who was a local legend coach died at age 41, Penny came in like superman and took over for his friend for a MIDDLE school team in the community where he grew up, in Memphis. Penny said he promised his grandmother he'd never forget where he came from and kept that promise.
Those types of things resonate with kids at the highest levels. I have no idea if he's cheating or not, but he'd have a great case for getting it done without cheating as anyone.
If the dude is so loyal, how come you don’t ever see him hanging with little Penny anymore?

Last edited:
All of those accomplishments are as a player. What does being “cool” have to do with coaching and teaching kids the game? He’s unproven. He’s had exactly 1 year as a college head coach. Color me unimpressed. I think he’s cheating and arrogant to boot.

I didn’t say he was a good coach. Honestly, I have no idea if he is or isn’t. I’m talking about from a recruiting standpoint. He seems like somebody players would want to play for, so I’m not surprised at his success and I don’t necessarily think he’s dirty. Here’s a piece of an article on NBCsports today, which is basically some of what I was saying above:

“He’s an NBA legend that has his own signature shoe and is worth somewhere in the neighborhood of nine figures. He is everything that each and every one of the kids that he is recruiting wants to be. His lead assistant is Mike Miller, who spent more than a decade in the NBA and won titles playing alongside the King himself, LeBron James.”

If the dude is so loyal, how come you don’t ever see him hanging with little Penny anymore?

penny_3-634x422.jpg

Lil Penny may have defected to skechers.

Given the ongoing Adidas AAU saga, I am wondering how his sponsorship of an AAU program leads anyone to believe he isn't dropping bags.

Given the ongoing Adidas AAU saga, I am wondering how his sponsorship of an AAU program leads anyone to believe he isn't dropping bags.
Well his was Nike. He had to let go of the AAU team, and they had to change their name back to their original name before Penny got involved.

Not a grad transfer but wonder if we’ll get involved

Arkansas would be 3 over if they land him though we all know that means nothing.

Couldn't find the hop thread but here's another one for him...man hes building something out there!

Couldn't find the hop thread but here's another one for him...man hes building something out there!

Hop is in a different league than our staff. He was the best we had as a recruiter and now that he is running the show he is killing it. If he was our head coach we would be top 15 in recruiting if not higher.

Hop is in a different league than our staff. He was the best we had as a recruiter and now that he is running the show he is killing it. If he was our head coach we would be top 15 in recruiting if not higher.

Who did Hop recruit to SU? Go back say past 10 years,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom