Time to unleash "The Beast" | Syracusefan.com

Time to unleash "The Beast"

If Smith isn't a viable back up with 6- 8 carries a game they should play Moore, Bailey can't carry the entire load, he can't carry.. nevermind.
I would at least like to see Smith get some legit carries

If Smith isn't a viable back up with 6- 8 carries a game they should play Moore, Bailey can't carry the entire load, he can't carry.. nevermind.
I would at least like to see Smith get some legit carries

I agree and I'd like to see more of Smith and let him play a couple of series instead of just short yardage situations.

I don't get the red shirt people, there are 7 games left hopefully 8 and we clearly have issues running the ball. In addition, a good running back can make an immediate impact. If we need the kid and the staff feels he can help, play him. Now I think after the WVU game would probably be too late but who knows.. If Smith isn't a legit 2nd option then he needs to play because Baileiy has always had trouble holding onto the ball.

You have 3 years to replace Moore

Smith hasn't been able to get a first down on two attempts near the endzone (Maine/Rutgers) late in games. He hasn't had enough carries for us to know if that's because he doesn't have the ability, or hasn't been able to develop a rhythm due to lack of touches. IB is right... someone needs to be getting more touches. Bailey is a great back, but there are situations in games that do not fit his body/style of running.

I understand planning for our future but we are trying to win games today too. Bailey is a good RB but in the Toledo game with prince spelling him and changing the pace we really saw the running game coming together. I have not seen enough of Smith to write him off but we need to decide who is going to be that change of pace guy. I have not seen AAM but read here everyday how he is the answer. I will believe it when I see it. I trust that the coaches will make the right choice for our team and get someone who spell Bailey during the coming games. If CUSE does burn the shirt I am fine with the choice but I don't think we should be making it during the Pitt game. Lets decide soon!

I don't get the red shirt people, there are 7 games left hopefully 8 and we clearly have issues running the ball. In addition, a good running back can make an immediate impact. If we need the kid and the staff feels he can help, play him. Now I think after the WVU game would probably be too late but who knows.. If Smith isn't a legit 2nd option then he needs to play because Baileiy has always had trouble holding onto the ball.

You have 3 years to replace Moore

I'd have to think that Moore has to be just as good or better than Smith and has earned the chance to play and if he has, he should be on the field now with Gully hurt. The coaches have seen these kids play together since mid August and I'm quite sure they have a good idea on what Moore would be able to do to contribute.

I understand planning for our future but we are trying to win games today too. Bailey is a good RB but in the Toledo game with prince spelling him and changing the pace we really saw the running game coming together. I have not seen enough of Smith to write him off but we need to decide who is going to be that change of pace guy. I have not seen AAM but read here everyday how he is the answer. I will believe it when I see it. I trust that the coaches will make the right choice for our team and get someone who spell Bailey during the coming games. If CUSE does burn the shirt I am fine with the choice but I don't think we should be making it during the Pitt game. Lets decide soon!

Bottomline as a fan of a team with a horrible offense I want to see the kid play!!! I understand he may not but screw the redshirt let the kid rumble... he may be able to take that first hit and rumble... Net year I think we will see Gulley and Moore split time. Am I the only one that thinks Smith doesn't look like a short yardage back, runs high and doesn't looke real strong in the legs, call me crazy

Bottomline as a fan of a team with a horrible offense I want to see the kid play!!! I understand he may not but screw the redshirt let the kid rumble... he may be able to take that first hit and rumble... Net year I think we will see Gulley and Moore split time. Am I the only one that thinks Smith doesn't look like a short yardage back, runs high and doesn't looke real strong in the legs, call me crazy

You may be right, but your discounting the effect of the (mediocre) OL. Not sure that Jim Brown could convert 3rd and 1 behind them. Hopefully, there will be a new look OL next year. Or, maybe I'm kidding myself...

Adonis-Ameen Moore! Off the shelf and into your TV's Saturday night.

Marrone said at his luncheon, they plan on playing him...They plan on playing alot of different guys this week...

Marrone said at his luncheon, they plan on playing him...They plan on playing alot of different guys this week...

I know it's just Tulane, but there's a reason why the details disclosed at the luncheon are supposed to be off the record.

I know it's just Tulane, but there's a reason why the details disclosed at the luncheon are supposed to be off the record.
I was at the luncheon and I don't even care, I'm going to tell all because the fans need a reason to believe and get excited. I'm done with this cloak and dagger BS. Here's what you're going to see this weekend sports fans (get PUMPED!)...

There's a special package for Loeb that is going to make an appearance. Maybe just a series or two, but it will be another wrinkle for Tulane to gameplan. And I know what you're thinking - how can it be much different from what Nassib runs? Well... tee hee. I guess you'll see on Saturday.

Coach said to expect some big time trickeration in the punt return game. Think Chicago Bears.

Chances are good that Mario Tull will see his first carries. This should excite fans as Tulane has zero film on him and how he might be deployed.

I very much hope not at this point. If we were going to burn his redshirt this year last week wouldve been the time. 1st and goal from the 4, or 3rd and 1 inside the 10 specifically.

They don't need to work on anything other than perfecting their current offense. Run tough between the tackles, pull your linemen for a few outside pitches, work on play action and screens to bailey.

They don't need to work on anything other than perfecting their current offense. Run tough between the tackles, pull your linemen for a few outside pitches, work on play action and screens to bailey.
How about work on mid-to-deep routes.

we techniqually wont be seeing anything on saturday

unless twc picks the game up

What game? I haven't seen him and Ive been looking. Case of mistaken jersey numbers by SUAD?

I swear I saw his name on the participation report of a box score of a game earlier this year, I'm thinking the USC game. But now I can't find it either. So either they made the mistake and corrected it, or I be trippin'.

I swear I saw his name in the participation report on the box scores of a game earlier this year, I'm thinking the USC game. But now I can't find it either. So either they made the mistake and corrected it, or I be trippin'.

He hasn't played. The box scores and participation reports have been messed up all year. Chandler Jones apparently played last week.

why wouldn't you play him, if the coaches think he's ready? aren't we supposed to be on the upswing? win now with him (if they feel he's the difference) and you should be able to bring in a legitimate RB to replace him by the time his eligibility is up. you go through the next year or two without taking legitimate steps forward...and someone else will appreciate that last year of AAM's eligibility that you left for them to use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom