TMZ reporting Kobe killed in copter crash | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

TMZ reporting Kobe killed in copter crash

I didn’t truly understand how people could be so affected emotionally back when Prince passed. It was sad, but I didn’t totally get emotional reaction of some.

Then the greatest sports icon of my life passed away today.. A man I literally grew up watching.

I feel like I lost a family member.

RIP to a man who I will always model my work ethic after.

Horrible, unbelievable news.

Has Michael Jordan tweeted about this yet?

I hope you will bear with me here, but I want to share.

For many years, my best friend and I would end every phone call or get together with "love you" in one form or another. I don't know how we started, but we just always did it. We didn't worry that it wasn't cool or macho or manly. It was just important to us to acknowledge each other's importance.

One morning, less than 48 hours after our last conversation, I received a call with the news that he had been killed in a car accident.

Of all of the ways that call impacted me (and still does, almost 8 years later) I didn't have to wonder if he knew how important he was to me.

If you don't do something similar for those you love, every time you part, please consider doing so. I do, and it has just become part of how we communicate with, and acknowledge, each other.

Should sudden tragedy strike, it helps to soften, if only just a bit, these sudden endings for those of us who must struggle to carry on.

For many years, my best friend and I would end every phone call or get together with "love you" in one form or another. I don't know how we started, but we just always did it. We didn't worry that it wasn't cool or macho or manly. It was just important to us to acknowledge each other's importance.

One morning, less than 48 hours after our last conversation, I received a call with the news that he had been killed in a car accident.

Of all of the ways that call impacted me (and still does, almost 8 years later) I didn't have to wonder if he knew how important he was to me.

If you don't do something similar for those you love, every time you part, please consider doing so. I do, and it has just become part of how we communicate with, and acknowledge each other.

Should sudden tragedy strike, it helps to soften, if only just a bit, these sudden endings for those of us who must struggle to carry on.

Thanks for sharing that and not being afraid of saying that to each other. G-d bless your friend and his family and friends

If you don't do something similar for those you love, every time you part, please consider doing so. I do, and it has just become part of how we communicate with, and acknowledge each other.

Well said. I said that same to my GF...no matter how annoyed you are with me, let's end every phone call or visit with an "I love you", because you Never know what can happen.

This is so surreal...

If you don't do something similar for those you love, every time you part, please consider doing so. I do, and it has just become part of how we communicate with, and acknowledge, each other.

Maybe the best post in the history of these boards. Very well said and thank you for sharing it.

Beautiful...thank you for sharing. We should all reflect on how we communicate with each other, and not just with our loved ones, friends, acquaintances, etc.

It’s moments like these that make us all pause in life and appreciate what we have and how it can disappear in a heartbeat.

I’m old enough to even remember Jelly Bean Bryant, Kobe’s dad, who played for Lasalle and then the 76’ers with Doctor J. I can’t believe Kobe, his son, is gone. I remember JB saying during the Olympics that he never saw a player who worked as hard as he did and how he was in awe of his work ethic. I looked up his father and didn’t realize that his dad is the coach of the LA Sparks, the WNBA team. Kobe was a huge supporter of women’s basketball too , the loss for the sport itself is immense not just for losing Kobe but his daughter also.

Most shocking death in my life. Easily.

Just awful.
I was thinking about the 20 people who died in the limo crash in Schoharie County and the hockey players who died in the bus accident and how terrible those were and of course, Las Vegas , Columbine and all of the other senseless deaths. This one seems different because Kobe was such a public figure and it was like we knew him so well. It's very shocking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom